The Student Room Group

Nottingham A101 2014 ENTRY

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Hey if anyone is on the waiting list here is the forum for it http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2646837&p=47096625#post47096625
Original post by 206oste
same! I have just got my letter and I have an offer!!!! so happy! :smile:

Congrats!
Reply 222
Congrats offer holders! So far no rejections?

Am on waiting list too...one of fourteen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 223
Original post by Jcp
Congrats offer holders! So far no rejections?

Am on waiting list too...one of fourteen!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I created a forum for us

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2646837&p=47096625#post47096625
Reply 224
Offer accepters, there is a facebook group that you can find by searching Nottingham GEM 2014-2018
Original post by MessyRoom
Offer accepters, there is a facebook group that you can find by searching Nottingham GEM 2014-2018

I was just about to make this group! Thanks!!
I feel a bit sick now. Does it sound like the 'yeses' went out first?

For fleur_de_haine - I rang home, mine's arrived; so the London letters are already out there.

Did anyone who got a 'yes' get a thin letter? Or were the yeses great big packs? That's what I've expected, a pack saying 'WELCOME TO MEDICAL SCHOOL' or something.

Argh, Jesus Christ this is tense.
Reply 227
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp

For fleur_de_haine - I rang home, mine's arrived; so the London letters are already out there.

Did anyone who got a 'yes' get a thin letter? Or were the yeses great big packs? That's what I've expected, a pack saying 'WELCOME TO MEDICAL SCHOOL' or something.

It was a really thin letter like two sheets folded into three, the only thing that gave it away was the Nottingham post mark.

Oh dear, this is like torture. If anyone were at home I'd have them open it but everyone has buggered off to Beijing. This being said I think they're just as tense as me. Do you have much longer until you're home? Here's hoping for good news!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fleur_de_haine
Oh dear, this is like torture. If anyone were at home I'd have them open it but everyone has buggered off to Beijing. This being said I think they're just as tense as me. Do you have much longer until you're home? Here's hoping for good news!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I finish at 6, then I have a 2 hour driving lesson after work! :frown: Regretting that decision. I did it intentionally last week, thinking it would take my mind off things. It has not. This was a terrible idea! I won't be back until 9ish tonight, but fortunately, everyone will have either gone to work/gone to bed then. I might get myself some comfort food as a fallback :wink:

Oh awful! You should have gone to Beijing with them! Fingers crossed, we could be students next year!
Original post by 206oste
It was a really thin letter like two sheets folded into three, the only thing that gave it away was the Nottingham post mark.

I'm hyperventilating, that sounds like what was described to me over the phone. Don't get hopes up, don't get hopes up, don't crash car in driving lesson.

Watching Top Gear to take mind off it.
I finish at 6, then I have a 2 hour driving lesson after work! :frown: Regretting that decision. I did it intentionally last week, thinking it would take my mind off things. It has not. This was a terrible idea! I won't be back until 9ish tonight, but fortunately, everyone will have either gone to work/gone to bed then. I might get myself some comfort food as a fallback :wink:

Oh awful! You should have gone to Beijing with them! Fingers crossed, we could be students next year!

I shall be stopping by the supermarket on the way home; junk food to celebrate, or so I can eat my feelings.

Imagime if I had, being stuck in Beijing with no hppe of knowing today! :eek:

Aye, I've missed studenthood, let's see if I'll be venturing back into the land of learning any time soon.
I shall be stopping by the supermarket on the way home; junk food to celebrate, or so I can eat my feelings.

Imagime if I had, being stuck in Beijing with no hppe of knowing today! :eek:

Aye, I've missed studenthood, let's see if I'll be venturing back into the land of learning any time soon.

It's a no :frown:. And quite a bad no, according to the feedback. A '4' for enthusiasm. Oh yeah, cos I just worked in a hospital for rubbish pay, (and at times nothing), and spent all my spare time and money this year working towards this, for s***s and giggles! I would question how some of these are marked. That being said, I am quite bitter.

Well, back to the drawing board. Who wants to revise for the GAMSAT with me?!
Reply 233
Has anyone's track been updated yet? Not at home at the moment so can;t read my letter.
It's a no :frown:. And quite a bad no, according to the feedback. A '4' for enthusiasm. Oh yeah, cos I just worked in a hospital for rubbish pay, (and at times nothing), and spent all my spare time and money this year working towards this, for s***s and giggles! I would question how some of these are marked. That being said, I am quite bitter.

Well, back to the drawing board. Who wants to revise for the GAMSAT with me?!

One wonders how they seek to guage enthusiasm, I should imagine that anyone who sought to subject themselves to this entire procrss was rather dedicated; it feels like a lottery sometimes. Chin up, you'll get there!
Offer! (interview scores 2 3 4 1 1 2, GAMSAT 71 (68,82,67)) Sorry SGUL i'm gonna go with Nottingham, it has been my first choice right through but rejecting sgul feels harder than i expected it to, did like it a lot.

Also fyi it sounds like GAMSATs may not be as crucial as we all thought, the letter given at interview says gradings are for candidates 'judged suitable', implying some will are cut outright, and meaning GAMSAT would be more of a tiebreaker depending on what proportion are 'judged suitable' or not.
One wonders how they seek to guage enthusiasm, I should imagine that anyone who sought to subject themselves to this entire procrss was rather dedicated; it feels like a lottery sometimes. Chin up, you'll get there!

Yes, I've calmed down now. I'm in with the 60%, that's fine. Just need to pick myself up and do it again! Oh well!
Yes, I've calmed down now. I'm in with the 60%, that's fine. Just need to pick myself up and do it again! Oh well!

That's the spirit. Next year will be your year!
Stunned to say I have an offer (score 2, 1, 1, 1, 3 ,1). Resisting the urge to chuck the job in and disappear to somewhere sunny for a while.
Reply 239
Hi! Congrats to all those with offers! I'm hoping to apply to Nottingham a101 2015 entry and was wondering if someone could either explain the scoring system that is used to me or direct me to the web page that explains it?! I can't seem to find this information anywhere! Many thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending