The Student Room Group

Geography Map Skills and Challenges

Right now I'm panicking, gcse's are in a month and I've never seen or done map skill in my life. I have no idea what it is or where to start. I do not understand anything, I tried past papers but the resource booklet isnt clear so its basically useless- the one with the os map whatever its called

Please help
Original post by maceve
Right now I'm panicking, gcse's are in a month and I've never seen or done map skill in my life. I have no idea what it is or where to start. I do not understand anything, I tried past papers but the resource booklet isnt clear so its basically useless- the one with the os map whatever its called

Please help

Map skills are really not something to worry about. They're not a big chunk of the GCSE, and you'll easily be able to cover them in a month since there's not that much you need to learn.

If there's anything specific you don't understand, you're welcome to send me a message, but this guide here by BBC Bitesize seems to be pretty comprehensive.

But what do you mean the "resource booklet isn't clear"?
I did GCSE AQA Geography last year, and I can tell you that there was 1 question on map skills, and it was easily understood i.e. KS3 level, like shading in a particular 4 digit grid reference. DO NOT PANIC, GCSE geography isn't a course to be intimidated by.

Kind regards,
Ben
Reply 3
Thanks for the help.
I'm alright with challenges so I think I'll do that first and then do the map skill at the end.

Quick Reply

Latest