The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants for September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by Burrows
I'm ridiculously excited for september now!! But I'm not such a big fan of their allocation policy though to be honest... Picking a minimum of 5 and being randomly allocated 1 just means I'm definitely more likely to get the 1 I liked the least knowing my luck :s-smilie:

Ugh I feel exactly the same, and there's only 3 that suit the area I need and what I want! I think it should be first come first serve as then people who are actually bothered can get their first choice :frown:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 521
Original post by Hanmoo
Ugh I feel exactly the same, and there's only 3 that suit the area I need and what I want! I think it should be first come first serve as then people who are actually bothered can get their first choice :frown:

It worries me that there's basically only 4 accommodations that have ensuite at a reasonable price but we have to choose 5 :s-smilie: The only thing I'm desperate to have is an ensuite purely because we don't know who we're going to be living with in the first year and we're basically all brand new to living away from home and I don't particularly want to use a filthy shared bathroom hahaha... I'm sure it won't be that bad but still :wink: Plus what happens if we get put into accommodation that's just more than we wanted to pay for :|
Original post by Burrows
It worries me that there's basically only 4 accommodations that have ensuite at a reasonable price but we have to choose 5 :s-smilie: The only thing I'm desperate to have is an ensuite purely because we don't know who we're going to be living with in the first year and we're basically all brand new to living away from home and I don't particularly want to use a filthy shared bathroom hahaha... I'm sure it won't be that bad but still :wink: Plus what happens if we get put into accommodation that's just more than we wanted to pay for :|

I did a summer program at new york university last july, and I had to share a bathroom with three other girls: never again. There was the mess factor, obviously, but one of the girls also threw my toothbrush in the garbage. Ensuite is the only option for me. I know they say they make an effort to put you in your first or second choice, but I'm still worried
From what I've read on their website, Brookes will offer accomodation when we have the unconditional offer, so after the exam results.. Is that correct? Doesn't matter whether we apply next month or august?

I think people who apply for accomodation close to where their lectures will be should have the priority for those halls.. I can't imagine myself living in headington and having something like 40 minutes bus ride just to get to harcourt hill instead of living in westminster halls and having a couple of minute walk to my lectures.. and vice versa for people having their lectures at headington and living in westminster halls.. Seems like an awful waste of time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 524
Brookes' allocation system just seems rather flawed to me, I have an unconditional offer so I guess I'll let you guys know how that works out when it comes to applying for accommodation after Easter. I just see it as alot of people being put into accommodation that they didn't particularly want. The allocation policy is the only thing I'm worrying about, apart from that I cannot wait!! :P
Reply 525
Original post by Burrows
Brookes' allocation system just seems rather flawed to me, I have an unconditional offer so I guess I'll let you guys know how that works out when it comes to applying for accommodation after Easter. I just see it as alot of people being put into accommodation that they didn't particularly want. The allocation policy is the only thing I'm worrying about, apart from that I cannot wait!! :P

Same, I am so nervous about being put into a hall I don't want... The fact that you have to put down 5 is really worrying me - knowing my luck I'll end up in one of the ones I don't want...
I wish it was a more 'first come first serve' basis... Alas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 526
I was told by the uni that they would sent me my password to apply for accomodation around May but that makes me sooo nervous...Does anyone have an offer for the MA in Publishing??( I feel like I am the oldest :frown: :frown: )
Original post by maggiesoares
Same here! If I don't get an email right ​after Easter I'll drive myself crazy. So ready to get going!

Hi, I'm applying for accommodation at oxford brookes just after easter and wondered which is the most social campus to apply for?
Reply 528
Original post by elliekilbride
Hi, I'm applying for accommodation at oxford brookes just after easter and wondered which is the most social campus to apply for?

Well we have to put down a minimum of 5 accommodation options and it's randomly allocated (which kinda sucks) but I think Cheney Student Village or Clive Booth Hall would be the most sociable, purely because they are the nearest to the main Headington campus I guess? If I had my way I'd be in the Cheney student village :P
Reply 529
But then on the other hand I kinda want to be in Clive booth hall as it's behind the School of Art which is where I'll be most of the time :biggrin: Plus it's a 38 week contract rather than the odd 50 week contract that Cheney Student village has?
Reply 530
I have an unconditional for Politics with Anthropology :smile: Great to see you all
Guyssss, I haven't been on this thread forever! I got an offer for English and Communication, Media and Culture (such a mouthful!) and I firmed it! I didn't pick an insurance so i'm stuffed if I don't get in hahah, where is everyone looking at for accommodation?
Original post by cremeeggaddict
Guyssss, I haven't been on this thread forever! I got an offer for English and Communication, Media and Culture (such a mouthful!) and I firmed it! I didn't pick an insurance so i'm stuffed if I don't get in hahah, where is everyone looking at for accommodation?

Im going to the harcourt hill accomodation, cant wait! Where you thinking of going? :smile: well done by the way!

Looking at Clive Booth non ensuite :smile: how about you?
Original post by jacksharpe
Im going to the harcourt hill accomodation, cant wait! Where you thinking of going? :smile: well done by the way!

Hi hi, aw thank you, well done to you too!

I'm faced with a dilemma as half my course is taught at Harcourt and the other half at Headington, but I like Harcourt Hill accommodation so I'll definitely be putting it down :smile: what are you hoping to study?
Original post by sophhiee
Looking at Clive Booth non ensuite :smile: how about you?

hiii, I was thinking about Clive Booth ensuite, but I'll be applying for non ensuite too :smile: what course are you hoping to study?
hiii, I was thinking about Clive Booth ensuite, but I'll be applying for non ensuite too :smile: what course are you hoping to study?

It's just all so expensive! I'm hoping to do English :biggrin:
Hi hi, aw thank you, well done to you too!

I'm faced with a dilemma as half my course is taught at Harcourt and the other half at Headington, but I like Harcourt Hill accommodation so I'll definitely be putting it down :smile: what are you hoping to study?

I pretty much have unconditional to primary education so means I will get accommodation at harcourt:smile: it is so nice, but £146 is a lot:frown: I hope we can do the accommodation soon! When do you reckon you will find out if you got in? ?

I agree, it is too expensive compared to all my friends! What campus is english? :smile:

Its so so expensive :frown: Ah me too (but join hons), English is my best subject :')

Original post by jacksharpe
I pretty much have unconditional to primary education so means I will get accommodation at harcourt:smile: it is so nice, but £146 is a lot:frown: I hope we can do the accommodation soon! When do you reckon you will find out if you got in? ?

I know, all my friends have already confirmed their accommodation so I just want to get it over and done with :frown: I'll find out for sure on results day but i'm hoping i'll get in! I don't know when we'll find out about accommodation, I hope its soon though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending