G484: OCR Physics A Unit 4 - 11th June 2014

THE NEWTONIAN WORLD
OCR PHYSICS A UNIT 4 (G484)

Wednesday 11th June, 2014 PM

Specification: here
Data booklet: here

Unofficial markscheme for June 2014 G484 paper: here

Topic booklets courtesy of browb003
These are from the old specification. :smile: There are more question packs two posts down. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 3
There's already a thread for this. Although that one is for g484 and g485.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2600943
Reply 4
Original post by LeaX
c'mon now i see you all downloading the resources but no-one has any questions or wants to revise? i even did the snazzy blue font for you guys :erm::wink:

Dont worry, I've started going through the questions :smile:. Your hard work was not in vain :tongue:.
Are the questions from the old old spec too?
Reply 5
Original post by yodawg321
Dont worry, I've started going through the questions :smile:. Your hard work was not in vain :tongue:.
Are the questions from the old old spec too?

I think they're all old spec. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by LeaX

Okay thanks :smile:. After these questions are all done for old and new spec do you recommend me to do anything else?
Reply 7
Original post by LeaX

Do you know if these are all the questions or are there still more in the papers?
Reply 8
Original post by aminkaram
Do you know if these are all the questions or are there still more in the papers?

These are questions made from the old syllabus so they're not found in any of the past papers on the OCR website.
Reply 9
Past papers have gotten progressively more difficult each year it's so unfair. :frown: I've been getting 54-59 out of 60 for every paper and then I do June 2013 for the first time and get 48, barely scraped an A. In June 2013 they had questions which had been in previous papers but the mark scheme was much stricter, it's so unfair. If we're told one year that an answer is adequate it's not right to say the next year that it's incorrect.

Never going to get into uni at this rate lol. :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by LeaX
These are questions made from the old syllabus so they're not found in any of the past papers on the OCR website.

I know that but what I mean is do they include every question from the old syllabus which started in 2002? or is it just some of them?
Reply 11
I know that but what I mean is do they include every question from the old syllabus which started in 2002? or is it just some of them?

I don't know, I didn't make them. Sorry.
Reply 12
Original post by LeaX
I don't know, I didn't make them. Sorry.

That's ok. They're still really useful! Do you have anything like this for Unit 5?
Reply 13
That's ok. They're still really useful! Do you have anything like this for Unit 5?

Yep there's stuff on the unit 5 thread for last year - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2244676
been struggling with this unit, consistently getting B's and nothing higher
Original post by LeaX
c'mon now i see you all downloading the resources but no-one has any questions or wants to revise? i even did the snazzy blue font for you guys :erm::wink:

Hey, thanks for all the resources! If I've done all the past papers from the old spec is there still a point in doing the booklets do you reckon?
Reply 16
Original post by precious maro
been struggling with this unit, consistently getting B's and nothing higher

Which aspects are you struggling with? When you complete a past paper as you mark it you should try writing down everything you lose marks on and then research it. I find that really helps. :smile:

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Hey, thanks for all the resources! If I've done all the past papers from the old spec is there still a point in doing the booklets do you reckon?

The questions are from the old spec so if you dislike repeating questions then no I wouldn't do them. However, I'm on my third repeat of the booklets because the majority of questions in the paper follow the same kind of structure just with different numbers so I like to get the practice in as the maths aspect of physics is my weakness. But if you feel confident with how you did in the papers then I guess you don't have to do the booklets too. :smile:
Reply 17
Does anyone have a copy of the g484 June 2013 paper by any chance?

If u don't want to upload it on TSR you can email me
Reply 18
Has anyone tried the AQA Physics exam papers? All I can say is thank God we're on OCR lol
Original post by LeaX
Has anyone tried the AQA Physics exam papers? All I can say is thank God we're on OCR lol

Going to do them after OCR papers. You finished all papers for OCR?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending