The Student Room Group

OCR A2 English Literature 2013

Scroll to see replies

Yes and Justice, loyalty, disguise, madness and relationships
I have a quick question. If I were to make a direct link between a play and the one I am studying (let us say, King Lear and Othello, for example) it would count as AO4- social context, yes? But if I were to make direct comparisons; e.g, Edmond and Iago and draw parallels within the two, would this be AO3 or AO4?
I'm doing King Lear and then Blake and Volpone for the comparison... haven't had a comparison lesson since the beginning of March so having to self-teach pretty much :frown: ... anyone else? :smile:

For King Lear, I'm praying that either roles of women/patriarchy, edmund, or morality come up! Knowing my luck it'll be boring Edgar.
Really struggling with english revision, any tips on how to memorise quotes? Or do i just have to go over them everyday until the exam -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Naveesha
I'm studying King Lear and Blake/Tis Pity for comparison :smile:

I'm doing Blake/Tis Pity too!

How are you revising? I'm finding Blake much harder than Tis Pity... So much to learn!
Original post by Zoelingua
I'm doing Blake/Tis Pity too!

How are you revising? I'm finding Blake much harder than Tis Pity... So much to learn!

Ah my teacher told me not that many schools/colleges so those two together as they're so different! Not sure why she picked it for my school then :s-smilie:

Well I've been revising King Lear this week so haven't done much of Tis Pity & Blake but I am going to try revising like this next week:

Character analysis (for Tis Pity) mindmaps with relevant quotes
Blake poem mindmaps with annotations linking back to themes
Prominent theme mindmaps
Critics and context notes

I'm kinda clueless on how to revise tbh so I'm just going to try this and see how it works. I'm finding Blake hard too but Tis Pity is much longer! :frown:

How bout you? How are you thinking of revising?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 526
ATTENTION: everyone new thread for 2014 has been made carry on your discussions here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2645289

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 527
Anyone got any critical material for Blake or Webster? Or anything to do with them at all, general comparisons would be great D:
Original post by Jo1996
Anyone got any critical material for Blake or Webster? Or anything to do with them at all, general comparisons would be great D:

I made a post with some Blake ones, though there's a few Tis Pity critics too as that's what I'm studying - ignore those! :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2645289&page=3
Hey does anyone know whether or not king lear was set in a gerontocratic society ( where men always rule)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 530
Definitely, but call it a 'patriarchal' society. Hence why there's no Mrs Lear or Mrs Gloucester

Posted from TSR Mobile
im doing paradise lost book 9 by john milton and the white devil by john webster- i was wondering if anyone has any pre-made resources which i could use to get key quotes? I feel ok for the paradise lost bit but the white devil quotes seem to escape me?
that would be A03 as it was an artistic choice the director made
Reply 533
Original post by HighwayUnicorn
Does anyone want a The Rivals study pack I bought a few weeks ago? I could email it around to you guys later on tonight. It's been so helpful to me in looking at the major themes and studying the context and characters. If you're doing TR/WOB, it has a lot of points for you to compare with.

yes please! [email protected] Thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending