The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by miser
I have a kindle and I tried it for reading manga, but I found it to be a bit of a hassle. Having said that, there now seems to be a decent selection of manga available for kindle.

There's plenty available on Amazon.co.uk and emanga.com, and I find the Kindle Comic Converter to be a useful tool if you want to read scanlations on the device. :yes: Makes the whole 'backwards' right-to-left reading as easy as it is with a printed book. :smile:
Reply 6681

After a lull in 2012, and a massive collapse of interest in 2013, this year I've suddenly had my interest in anime return. As I said during my brief return on here, I'm sticking to DVDs and blu rays for now as opposed to streaming etc. Games are still my major pastime nowadays, but I'm certain I'd watched more anime by February this year than I had all of last year.

:hello:
Reply 6682
Welcome back, Tru-pyon. :hugs:

On another note, the last episode of Mahou Sensou was just plain confusing and left more questions than answers. The whole thing was a bit of a mess. Perhaps there'll be a second season or at least an OVA to explain what just happened. One can hope. :tongue:

Overall, a pretty average series, but at least it kept my interest until the end.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hello again Tru! :biggrin:

I should probably mention that the chat thread disappeared at some point yesterday evening - haven't a clue why, but I've already enquired about it in AAM, and am still awaiting a response.

In the meantime, or if the powers that be decide to get rid of the chat thread permanently, this thread can serve both functions. The old worry that ontopic discussions/questions would get buried under image spam is unlikely to be an issue these days, after all. :p:
(edited 10 years ago)
but the spam chat thread :puppyeyes:

:eek: :hello: Tru

watched the first 2 eps of D-Frag, pretty amusing :smile:

hilarious ep of Nisekoi, Shu and Ruri crack me up so much :laugh: bit of a twist as well, had a feeling about the photo but didnt see that end coming :tongue:
I used to really like animes e.g. death note, but then I got bored and couldn't find any good ones :lol: and I generally don't have very much time to look...shame.
Reply 6686
Original post by eugenius 8
but the spam chat thread :puppyeyes:

I seem to recall this happening once before, so they'll probably restore it. That is, assuming they still can. :tongue:

watched the first 2 eps of D-Frag, pretty amusing :smile:

Glad you're liking it. Keep watching, it gets funnier once you get to know the characters better. :giggle:

hilarious ep of Nisekoi, Shu and Ruri crack me up so much :laugh: bit of a twist as well, had a feeling about the photo but didnt see that end coming :tongue:

No, neither did I. A new character is always welcome, especially one that seems to possess, if the ending is any indicator, the 'I am your maid and you're my master' persona. :giggle:
Reply 6687
.............It feels strange posting here rather than just constantly lurking round the chat thread haha.

Though fitting seeing as I actually decided to watch a anime recently. Just started Kill la Kill which is weird as hell but funny
Reply 6688
Im so out of touch with things.. There was a time I recognised most of the series you were talking about, but the relatively recent ones ring no bells.:sad:

Still been keeping up with what I was watching, but many are finished or finishing. HxH has remained pretty damn good. Character development for villians in a shonen series.:zomg: Youpi's centaur form seems very lackluster:tongue: Here is a large powerful creature and they made him look puny in comparison to his regular form.:indiff:

Got the last two eps of kill la kill left. The series kind of became less interesting for me once Harime nui arrived.. but has been better closer to the end. Fight Club Mako is the best mako.:unimpressed:

Hajime no ippo was similar to the previous series. The flashback into the coach's past was good. A nice slower end to the series than we're used to.:giggle:

Been watching the little Attack on Titan shorts. With their smallness and wide little faces.:emog:
Reply 6689
Been in first episode overdrive as usual. Trying not to pick up too much this season as there are a few older series I want to start.......but this is me we're talking about, I have no self restraint.
Original post by caraniel
Been in first episode overdrive as usual. Trying not to pick up too much this season as there are a few older series I want to start.......but this is me we're talking about, I have no self restraint.

I'm trying to hold off on picking up too many passable/generic series early on, when a lot of the series I'm most looking forward to don't air for another 4-5 days... I've actually made good progress on some older series (Oban Star Racers and Uninhabited Planet Survive) in order to distract myself. :p:
Reply 6691
Has anyone else noticed Amazon being all over the place with anime prices recently?

A couple of MVM box sets I've had my eye on for a bit have jumped from £17/18 to £26/8 just recently. I ended up doing a larger than expected order on Sunday, when some prices finally dropped again.

The "Kids on the slope" blu ray which I finally got having only heard good things had gone up to £24, dropped to £21 on Friday evening, increased to £28 on Saturday afternoon, and gone to £19.99 on Sunday :lolwut:

Ended up buying:
Seen before:
Another
Dream Eater Merry
Canaan

New to me:
Kids on the slope (BR)
BTOOOOOM!
Magi
Fruits basket (since I always forget about this box set.)

I've been on an anime buying binge just recently, catching up on lost time and box sets :mmm:
Reply 6692
I return and finally kill the soc :nyoron:

My anime viewing habits have changed quite a bit this last year or so, going back to how it was when I started watching anime- relying on DVDs and UK publishers. I have to admit, it's quite nice actually. I'd been starting to feel burnt out on anime for a few years as I tried to keep up with as many new shows as possible so I could keep chatting on here and Uni IRC. It's stupid, but it had become a chore in a way- I'd usually have the show on one side of the screen and the forum/IRC on the other side.

I remember disliking Bakemonogatari when I watched it a few years ago, but watching Nisemonogatari on the TV with my full attention, I've really enjoyed the first two episodes and the characters so far.
Attack on titan :smile:
Reply 6695
Why does new jojo have a piracy warning at the start.:unimpressed: Like that ever worked before.:hahaha:
Reply 6696
Original post by vin
Why does new jojo have a piracy warning at the start.:unimpressed: Like that ever worked before.:hahaha:

I was wondering about that too. Each episode seems to have a 'no resemblance to real characters intended' disclaimer as well. Might it be to do with all the music references?
Reply 6697
Aside from Majin Bone (which was pretty average, bordering on poor), I haven't had the opportunity to watch anything from the new season yet, largely due to work. I'm hoping to rectify that this weekend. :smile:
Reply 6698
Original post by QHF
I was wondering about that too. Each episode seems to have a 'no resemblance to real characters intended' disclaimer as well. Might it be to do with all the music references?

Yes, pretty much. That and many other cultural references. For instance, Dio's surname is paying homage to the actor Marlon Brando. :giggle:

As horrifying as it is hilarious. :zomg:

Latest