The Student Room Group

Biology AS Revision?

:s-smilie: exams next month, hows your revision going on guys?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
omg so unproductive, im trying so hard to balance everything and am so not looking forward to f212 biodiversity in OCR :eek: what about you?
Original post by sunshinexox

Hey, what exam board are you with? :smile: I'm an A2 student but I'm resitting unit 1. I got a B in it but want an A overall this year so I'm trying to boost my chances :tongue:

How are you finding biology? :smile:

Too much procrastination this week.Still over a month left though so I'll be fine:wink:.How did you do in the coursework?I thought mine was pretty awesome but I could be bothered to put my little reference numbers in order at the end,ya think they'll mind?:redface:
Original post by Changing Skies
Hey, what exam board are you with? :smile: I'm an A2 student but I'm resitting unit 1. I got a B in it but want an A overall this year so I'm trying to boost my chances :tongue:

Any tips for us?The thing with biology is that they come up with so many weird and cryptic questions,and stuff like "tick this and that if it does NOT apply",you misread one word and that's like 6 marks gone.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5

Hello there! ^_^ I'm doing Edexcel, good luck!
Well I think it's quite easy but a lot of stuff to memorise :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by hajs
omg so unproductive, im trying so hard to balance everything and am so not looking forward to f212 biodiversity in OCR :eek: what about you?

lool XD good luck! same here have a lot of topics to go through but cannot concentrate.
Reply 7
Original post by Triumph_Turtle
Too much procrastination this week.Still over a month left though so I'll be fine:wink:.How did you do in the coursework?I thought mine was pretty awesome but I could be bothered to put my little reference numbers in order at the end,ya think they'll mind?:redface:

Ahaha good luck mate! Hmm got an A for it, what about you? Well my teacher nagged about referencing XD, cos there's marks given for referencing and evaluating that aswell.
Any tips for us?The thing with biology is that they come up with so many weird and cryptic questions,like "tick this and that if it does NOT apply",you misread one word and that's like 6 marks gone.

Definitely do as many past papers as you can. I didn't do any last year for revision, which is what let me down in the exam. That's the tricky thing about biology :redface: I do that often with those type of questions! Ensure you read the question properly, take your time. It sounds obvious, but it's easy to quickly skim a little paragraph and not realise it's actually very helpful! Practising question styles and looking at mark schemes is vital :tongue:
Hello there! ^_^ I'm doing Edexcel, good luck!
Well I think it's quite easy but a lot of stuff to memorise :s-smilie:

I am too :biggrin: Thank you, good luck to you also :smile:

Definitely! I don't know if you've seen the unit 1 June 2013 paper, but I messed up the application question on the CFTR stuff :sad: I panic in exams :tongue:
Reply 9
unit 2 bio is mindbogglingly hard ocr ;
;(
Ahaha good luck mate! Hmm got an A for it, what about you? Well my teacher nagged about referencing XD, cos there's marks given for referencing and evaluating that aswell.

Nice:wink:,How did you get your results already though?I thought they had just been sent off a few weeks ago.
Reply 11
Definitely do as many past papers as you can. I didn't do any last year for revision, which is what let me down in the exam. That's the tricky thing about biology :redface: I do that often with those type of questions! Ensure you read the question properly, take your time. It sounds obvious, but it's easy to quickly skim a little paragraph and not realise it's actually very helpful! Practising question styles and looking at mark schemes is vital :tongue:

I am too :biggrin: Thank you, good luck to you also :smile:

Definitely! I don't know if you've seen the unit 1 June 2013 paper, but I messed up the application question on the CFTR stuff :sad: I panic in exams :tongue:

I may have, my biology teacher gave us a bunch of past papers to go through during this easter break *_* so frustrating. Ahaha don't worry, most of us do :P
Reply 12
Nice:wink:,How did you get your results already though?I thought they had just been sent off a few weeks ago.

My teacher marked my work even 2 weeks and he gave me feed back on how to improve my coursework, :s-smilie: took a lot of time
Reply 13
I'm struggling with bio too and I do edexcel, I'm surprised that I'm so much better at unit 2 than unit 1 - unit 1 is just really hard I hope it doesn't stop me from getting an A overall
Reply 14
Original post by u_lovelife
I'm struggling with bio too and I do edexcel, I'm surprised that I'm so much better at unit 2 than unit 1 - unit 1 is just really hard I hope it doesn't stop me from getting an A overall

Hmm, well for Unit 1 there's mostly memorising stuff, unit 2 has applying your knowledge part? If you get what I mean. Don't worry you will get an A, just keep on working hard until the exams are over! ^_^ Good luck!
Anyways what other subjects do you do?
Reply 15
Hmm, well for Unit 1 there's mostly memorising stuff, unit 2 has applying your knowledge part? If you get what I mean. Don't worry you will get an A, just keep on working hard until the exams are over! ^_^ Good luck!
Anyways what other subjects do you do?

Aww thankyou, yeah I'm surprised I'm much better at the applying knowledge part :smile:

I do Biology Chemistry Maths and Psychology at AS, aiming for hopefully an AABB, so I hope all this revision pays off!

How about you? :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by u_lovelife
Aww thankyou, yeah I'm surprised I'm much better at the applying knowledge part :smile:

I do Biology Chemistry Maths and Psychology at AS, aiming for hopefully an AABB, so I hope all this revision pays off!

How about you? :smile:

:smile: Good to know ^_^, I'm doing all three sciences and Maths, aiming for AAAA, :s-smilie: physics justs kills me.
Reply 17
:smile: Good to know ^_^, I'm doing all three sciences and Maths, aiming for AAAA, :s-smilie: physics justs kills me.

Wow that sounds stressful, physics was my worst science out of the 3 which is why I didn't pick it - how are you finding chemistry?
Original post by hajs

Me too! But for me it is more about everything to do with Smoking; dead interesting but there is no much to learn. Biodiversity is okay to me. Just conserving and other ****, right?
Reply 19
Original post by RoughWritings
Me too! But for me it is more about everything to do with Smoking; dead interesting but there is no much to learn. Biodiversity is okay to me. Just conserving and other ****, right?

Learn the key bits and you'll be fine.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest