The Student Room Group

AS Physics AQA B: Physics in Context (PHYB1) - Unit 2 - 9th June 2014

Poll

How did you find Unit 1?

Hey, just wondering who's doing Physics AQA B for AS, as I know it's one of the less popular courses and the spec's quite different from other boards. :rolleyes:

Just thought it might be helpful to discuss and ask questions here, where everyone's doing the same course (as I haven't seen any other threads started)? :smile:

Edit: Thought I might as well make this into a Unit 2 thread now.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Guys, is it really just me? :frown:
Original post by Hoosierette
Guys, is it really just me? :frown:

No I'm doing it too? How's revision going for you? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by girlyoudontknow
No I'm doing it too? How's revision going for you? :smile:

Yay! I swear there's hardly anyone doing it though :/

It's going pretty well thanks, how's it going for you?

The textbook's kinda annoying though isn't it? :frown:
Yay! I swear there's hardly anyone doing it though :/

It's going pretty well thanks, how's it going for you?

The textbook's kinda annoying though isn't it? :frown:

I hate the text book. Especially for unit 1 which is soooooo long!!! The grade boundaries are low though so fingers crossed. :s-smilie:
Reply 6
I hate the text book. Especially for unit 1 which is soooooo long!!! The grade boundaries are low though so fingers crossed. :s-smilie:

I know, and it could do with having more examples for the complicated mechanics :/

Yes, I am glad, and rather surprised about the grade boundaries! I was shocked to find on some papers 60% is an A, whereas in one of my further maths exams 60% is a D (and further maths is harder than physics!) :O
I know, and it could do with having more examples for the complicated mechanics :/

Yes, I am glad, and rather surprised about the grade boundaries! I was shocked to find on some papers 60% is an A, whereas in one of my further maths exams 60% is a D (and further maths is harder than physics!) :O

Woah what? That's Weird. What exam board are you on for Maths? And I know I hate the SUVAT stuff and there's like only one example. Have you been doing practice papers for physics?
Reply 8
Woah what? That's Weird. What exam board are you on for Maths? And I know I hate the SUVAT stuff and there's like only one example. Have you been doing practice papers for physics?

OCR MEI. It's because supposedly only really clever people do further maths (apart from me :P ). Yeah, I've been doing some practice papers, as I think that's the best way to learn. Have you done any yet?
OCR MEI. It's because supposedly only really clever people do further maths (apart from me :P ). Yeah, I've been doing some practice papers, as I think that's the best way to learn. Have you done any yet?

yeah I have. There's just soooo much too learn and no time. How much have you done for physics so far? Like whereabouts are you in your revision? :colondollar:
Hey, just wondering who's doing Physics AQA B for A-level as I know it's one of the less popular courses and the spec's quite different from other boards. :rolleyes:

Just thought it might be helpful to discuss and ask questions here, where everyone's doing the same course? :smile:

I'm doing aqa b too! the textbook is full of so much rubbish and i get so annoyed ugh :s-smilie: tbh I think all that wave stuff in unit 1 is the worst. How's everyone doing?
Reply 11
So, Unit 1's tomorrow. How's it going everyone?
Reply 12
So, Unit 1's tomorrow. How's it going everyone?

It's going good. Done all the past papers now so fingers crossed. I still don't fully understand the discovery of electrons and the discharge tube. 😒
Reply 14
It's going good. Done all the past papers now so fingers crossed. I still don't fully understand the discovery of electrons and the discharge tube. ������

I've still got so much to learn before tomorrow D:

Are you bothering to learn the eras of the Universe?

I have a poster on that actually - does this help?

It was then proved that cathode rays were electrons by deflecting them in electric fields to find they're negative etc. and other experiments showed that they have mass. They came from the cathode so must come from the atom. This showed that atoms therefore have a substructure.
I've still got so much to learn before tomorrow D:

Are you bothering to learn the eras of the Universe?

I have a poster on that actually - does this help?

It was then proved that cathode rays were electrons by deflecting them in electric fields to find they're negative etc. and other experiments showed that they have mass. They came from the cathode so must come from the atom. This showed that atoms therefore have a substructure.

Thanks sooooo much. And yes I think I may learn it because you never know. Just to be safe.
Reply 16
Hi, I am also doing physics tomorrow :biggrin: and I really hate the wave stuff but dont mind the particle physics too much :smile:

Do you guys have any good tips, Im just doing my last minute revision :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Oh and one way that has really helped me with revising is by watching scishow on youtube, this guy explains physics but at a much more fun and entertaining way.

channel is called scishow just click on the physics playlist :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/user/scishow

if this helps the please slap that follow button :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
I'm also doing this exam tomorrow :smile: Got a lot of cramming to do today :frown:
Reply 19
Thanks sooooo much. And yes I think I may learn it because you never know. Just to be safe.

That's ok! :smile:

Wow, I don't think I have the time or energy. I vaguely know bits of it...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending