The Student Room Group

I'm worried that she won't turn up to our date?

I'm meeting a girl for coffee on Tuesday, and I'm not sure if she'll turn up. I can't put it down to anything apart from gut feeling. So in the eventuality that she odds stand me up, how do I get over this type of rejection?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have faith, I'm sure she'll turn up. And if she doesn't? Deal with it then.
If she turns up, great. WIN.

If she doesn't turn up, she's probably not worth your time. WIN.
Reply 3
Get over it - find a new girl who wants the coffee

It'd be her loss :cool:
let us know if she shows.

This post misused the anon function. Before posting anonymously, please read the H&R guidelines - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/guidelines_for_health_and_relationships
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
If she turns up, great. If she doesn't, find out where she lives and massacre her entire family. It seems like the rational response.
Reply 6
Original post by phoebe17
Have faith, I'm sure she'll turn up. And if she doesn't? Deal with it then.

Yeah ah I guess you're right I just like to prepare for all eventualities. Plus I've been stood up before and it hit me hard, so I suppose I'm basing it on that.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah ah I guess you're right I just like to prepare for all eventualities. Plus I've been stood up before and it hit me hard, so I suppose I'm basing it on that.

I can understand why you'd be anxious if it's happened before, but I'm guessing this is another girl? Give her the benefit of the doubt. And if she, for some reason, doesn't show try not to take it too badly. It may not be her choice not to come, a lot of things can prevent people turning up. And there are plenty of other girls out there!
I think it's quite a common feeling to have. My boyfriend was convinced I wasn't going to turn up the first time we went out :tongue: Chances are, she will turn up, and if she doesn't? as others have said, she's probably not worth your time!
if she doesn't turn up go find someone else lol
Reply 10
If she doesn't turn up then no one is going to know anyway unless you've made a big deal about it and told everyone that you're going on a date. Go and if she doesn't turn up just say you never went in the first place haha.
Reply 11
If it's only coffee, bring university work, so you don't look like you're in the process of being stood up.
Reply 12
Thanks for all the advice so far guys!
Original post by Hippysnake

This, OP.
There's so much more out there (I hate to say it, but plenty of fish in the sea). If she really doesn't turn up at least you found out right from the off and don't have to waste anymore time on her.
Reply 14

This is like the dictionary definition of sour grapes.
Reply 15
Original post by AspiringDoctor
This, OP.
There's so much more out there (I hate to say it, but plenty of fish in the sea). If she really doesn't turn up at least you found out right from the off and don't have to waste anymore time on her.

I guess you're right :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I guess you're right :smile:

Think positive! I hope your gut feeling is wrong and she does turn up in the end. All the best :smile:
Original post by Clip
This is like the dictionary definition of sour grapes.

The dictionary definition of sour grapes are small round pieces of fruit that taste unpleasant.
Reply 18
The dictionary definition of sour grapes are small round pieces of fruit that taste unpleasant.

I think you'll find it's not.
Original post by Clip
I think you'll find it's not.

Sour Grapes
Bad tasting hemorrhoids; presumably discovered during anilingus.
'She was so sexy until I got a tongue full of sour grapes.'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending