The Student Room Group

Edexcel Economics Unit 4 Global Economy Discussion Thread (10.June.2014)

Hi Guys,
wanted to make this thread, so we can help and support each other for the Unit 4 Edexcel Global Economy Exam.
I heard this is the toughest exam of all 4 and that you really need to do a lot of revision as well as follow current affairs.

I got 199/200 UMS in my AS for economics and I really want the A*. Would be really dissappointed to miss it given my high scores in AS.

So lets discuss in here, ask questions, post revision tips, revision notes etc.

I start this off with:
-Tutor2u -> really helpful
-econsguide.blogspot.com -> helpful for all units, he posts revision tips and exam techniques and is there for you in his chat!

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
In a way this is the hardest and easiest exam since you can incorporate your knowledge from the whole course which gives you greater scope for answering questions, but at the same time the content is massive and not everyone enjoys writing long essays.

I've started revising globalisation and trade...longest thing ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by shabba-ranks
In a way this is the hardest and easiest exam since you can incorporate your knowledge from the whole course which gives you greater scope for answering questions, but at the same time the content is massive and not everyone enjoys writing long essays.

I've started revising globalisation and trade...longest thing ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi im learning eco from home. i know that there are a choice of 3 questions on the exam. there are also 3 sections in unit 4... macroeconomics and government policy, international economy and the developing world. is each question from one section or do they overlap. if so, do people focus on 1 or 2 sections or spread out their time on all 3 sections.
heyy guys... this is my favorite unit in Edexcel Economics....u can even score 100% IN THIS Unit....try reading notes from economicsonline.co.uk . its a great website
Original post by Edward Cullen
heyy guys... this is my favorite unit in Edexcel Economics....u can even score 100% IN THIS Unit....try reading notes from economicsonline.co.uk . its a great website

Yes I think its all about knowing what is coming in these essays... Received 100 and 99% in Unit 1 and 2, so really want to get the A*. Essay plans and effective revision notes are key I believe
Reply 6
Hey guys, thanks for starting this.
Is anyone here using the old syllabus papers for practice? If so, how do you plan on using them. Plus I would be grateful if anyone can tell me what the point was in marking the papers out of 100 and then dividing the score by two. That's been bugging me for a while. :biggrin:

P.S is there a thread for unit 3 yet?
Reply 7
Anyone taking unit 1 in june 2014? Here's the thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2643117

:smile:
so, guys can you tell assume what are the topics that would be most likely to come for the section A, especisally 30 marks question?... im damn sure inequality will be one of the most important...
Reply 9
Quick question - Are we supposed to assume that UK has a completely free-floating exchange rate? If so, can we not mention currency devaluation as a method which could be used to reduce the current account deficit? Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Reply 10
I don't understand your point, even with a free floating rate devaluation improves the deficit. Demand for exports rises and imports fall. So the trade balance improves. At least that's what I think. And then you could evaluate with the marshall lerner condition and the j curve effect
Guys, if you have predicted can you please tell me what are the predictions for the exam????
How has everyone started revising for this?
Reply 13
Hi, does anyone know where I can find sample essays for past unit 4 questions?
Reply 14
Original post by Edward Cullen
Guys, if you have predicted can you please tell me what are the predictions for the exam????

My teacher is pretty sure forward guidance is going to come up. I think if it does come up it's definitely gonna be in the data-response since it's not explicitly part of the syllabus so they'll have to explain it first and then ask questions.
Also with the possible referendum coming up I personally think it's possible there'll be some reference to that either in the data response or in the essays.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Unit 3 thread?
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous1717
Unit 3 thread?

Here's the link to the unit 3 thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2653389&p=47222424

Thank you :smile:
Can anyone help me with promoting growth and development ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jessyjamjar
Can anyone help me with promoting growth and development ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you need help with in particular? Ways of promoting growth or evaluation of the methods?

Latest

Trending

Trending