The Student Room Group

How do I divide a number that cannot be divided?

Please help,

Reply 1
Is this a troll? It can't be divided.
I don't understand your question.

In what domain are we talking? Real, complex?

All real numbers can be divided...you just might not get a whole number.
How do I divide .2% of the calculus theorem?
Which theorem of calculus are you talking about? :holmes:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by King Leonidas
Please help,

You need to use Symbolic Mathematics.
Original post by majmuh24
Which theorem of calculus are you talking about? :holmes:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm being totally serious, my maths is really bad I want to create my own theorem.
Reply 7
Define SS as the set of reals that cannot be divided. Then to divide do as you please king, it will be vacuously true, just don't kick me down a hole.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ThatPerson
You need to use Symbolic Mathematics.

Indeed! Which method would you suggest - exponential ladders, squaring the ratio, or the Dalekian algorithm?

Original post by King Leonidas
I'm being totally serious, my maths is really bad I want to create my own theorem.

Dalek's already done that.

If {S:xS     x  cannot  be  divided} \{ S : x \in S \implies \ \text{x \ cannot \ be \ divided} \} , and aSa \in S, we can use Kaluza-Klein theory along with the topological 42 dimensional fractal self similarity between RS\mathbb R \to S

ab=ϑ2L(ab)\dfrac{a}{b} = \vartheta ^2 \cdot \mathcal{L} \left( \dfrac{a}{b} \right)

Where L \mathcal L denotes the Laplace Transform of ab\dfrac{a}{b} as a function of parameter t, which is given by L{f(t)}=0estf(t)\mathcal{L} \{ f(t) \} = \displaystyle\int_0^{\infty} e^{-st} \cdot f(t) where s is an arbitrary parameter.

Symbolic maths is the way to go :redface:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Indeed! Which method would you suggest - exponential ladders, squaring the ratio, or the Dalekian algorithm?

Gauss may have been the prince, but Dalek is the god of mathematics, period.

If {S:xS     x  cannot  be  divided} \{ S : x \in S \implies \ \text{x \ cannot \ be \ divided} \} , and aSa \in S, we can use Kaluza-Klein theory along with the topological 42 dimensional fractal self similarity between RS\mathbb R \to S

ab=ϑ2L(ab)\dfrac{a}{b} = \vartheta ^2 \cdot \mathcal{L} \left( \dfrac{a}{b} \right)

Where L \mathcal L denotes the Laplace Transform of ab\dfrac{a}{b} as a function of parameter t, which is given by L{f(t)}=0estf(t)\mathcal{L} \{ f(t) \} = \displaystyle\int_0^{\infty} e^{-st} \cdot f(t) where s is an arbitrary parameter.

I've created my own branch of maths too :redface:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I see. The scary thing is that this makes as much sense to me as certain real maths.
I know a proof, but this page is too narrow to contain it. Soz.

Quick Reply

Latest