The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants for September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cremeeggaddict
Its so so expensive :frown: Ah me too (but join hons), English is my best subject :')

I know, all my friends have already confirmed their accommodation so I just want to get it over and done with :frown: I'll find out for sure on results day but i'm hoping i'll get in! I don't know when we'll find out about accommodation, I hope its soon though!

Well people have said it should be adter easter so I hope that is true!

Im sure you will get an offer, is brookes your top choice for sure?:smile:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by jacksharpe

Im sure you will get an offer, is brookes your top choice for sure?:smile:

I hope so! I do have an offer already, and its my firm choice :smile: so I just need to get the grades to meet my offer now haha!

It says on the website, the information you need to sign in to apply for accommodation will be sent after the Easter holidays.
If you already have an unconditional you'll be allocated a room in July, and if you're waiting on A-level results you'll be allocated a room in August/September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cremeeggaddict
I hope so! I do have an offer already, and its my firm choice :smile: so I just need to get the grades to meet my offer now haha!

Oh that's really good then! I have my grades because I finished college last year! Im sure you will be fine:smile:
Anyone applying at Brookes to study Maths?
All this talk on accomodation is worrying me - has it already opened?? :confused:
Reply 546
Original post by Choppie
All this talk on accomodation is worrying me - has it already opened?? :confused:

No no don't worry!! We're apparently going to get our login details emailed to us after Easter so we can apply for accommodation then :smile:
Original post by Burrows
No no don't worry!! We're apparently going to get our login details emailed to us after Easter so we can apply for accommodation then :smile:

So I've just read. That is a massive relief!

I am thinking this at the moment for my five choices:

Clive Booth (En-Suite)

Slade Park

Paul Kent Hall

Dorest House

Cheney Student Village

Reply 548
Yea I'm planning to transfer in third year of Business Management in OB.
Reply 549
Original post by Choppie
So I've just read. That is a massive relief!

I am thinking this at the moment for my five choices:

Clive Booth (En-Suite)

Slade Park

Paul Kent Hall

Dorest House

Cheney Student Village

For accommodation I'm thinking:

1. Clive Booth hall (ensuite)
2. Cheney Student Village (ensuite)
3. Westminster hall (ensuite)
4. Paul Kent Hall (ensuite)
5. Clive Booth hall (non ensuite)
Reply 550
I'm curious to know where you guys are moving from when we move to Oxford Brookes? :tongue:
Original post by Burrows
I'm curious to know where you guys are moving from when we move to Oxford Brookes? :tongue:

Do you mean like area? Im from Southampton:smile: and yourself??
Original post by Burrows

I'm from a little town about two hours north of Toronto, in Canada. I think I have one of the longer moves ahead of me!
Original post by Burrows

I'm from Leeds :smile: already prepared for my broad Yorkshire accent to be continuously mocked :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 554
Do you mean like area? Im from Southampton:smile: and yourself??

I'm from Birmingham but from a town called Solihull :tongue:
Reply 555
Just found a few nice little blog pages which gives you a better look at either Cheney Student Village accommodation or Clive Booth Hall accommodation, really helpful if you're nervous like I am and you want to see potentially where you could be living :P

1. http://oxfordsfinest.blogspot.co.uk/p/cheney.html
2. http://oxfordsfinest.blogspot.co.uk/p/clive-booth.html
3. http://shiokleng.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/clive-booth-hall-ensuite.html
Original post by Burrows
For accommodation I'm thinking:

2. Cheney Student Village (ensuite)
3. Westminster hall (ensuite)
5. Clive Booth hall (non ensuite)

Can you definitely pick Clive twice? I was under the impression that you could only pick it once and the uni allocated whether or not you got ensuite or non ensuite. It would be nice if you could do the same with Paul Kent (only has 18 non ensuite) and have something like this.

2. Clive Booth hall (non ensuite)
3. Paul Kent Hall (non ensuite)
5. Cheney (ensuite)

This way you've made 5 choices but limited yourself to 3 halls that you actually want to go to. So stupid that most people will have to make atleast 1 hall choice that is totally unsuitable for where they will end up studying.
Reply 557
Original post by RoundTrip
Can you definitely pick Clive twice? I was under the impression that you could only pick it once and the uni allocated whether or not you got ensuite or non ensuite. It would be nice if you could do the same with Paul Kent (only has 18 non ensuite) and have something like this.

2. Clive Booth hall (non ensuite)
3. Paul Kent Hall (non ensuite)
5. Cheney (ensuite)

This way you've made 5 choices but limited yourself to 3 halls that you actually want to go to. So stupid that most people will have to make atleast 1 hall choice that is totally unsuitable for where they will end up studying.

I'm hoping I can pick Clive Booth hall twice, if you look on the 'Halls in detail' page it has a page for Clive Booth hall Ensuite and a seperate page for non ensuite... With the non ensuite for Clive booth hall you have the option of having a hand basin or not... So I'm pretty sure I can apply for both :smile:
Reply 558
Hey guys,
I am a first year BA Primary Education student living in Westminster Halls at Harcourt Hill (I will also be living there next year in the 2nd year block).

If you have any questions about the course, accommodation, the university or oxford I will try my best to help :smile:

Don't feel I can't help if you're applying for another course - I can try my best!

Glad to see you're all excited to be part of the Brookes family in September!

Best of luck xx
Original post by BN_BN
Hey guys,
I am a first year BA Primary Education student living in Westminster Halls at Harcourt Hill (I will also be living there next year in the 2nd year block).

If you have any questions about the course, accommodation, the university or oxford I will try my best to help :smile:

Don't feel I can't help if you're applying for another course - I can try my best!

Glad to see you're all excited to be part of the Brookes family in September!

Best of luck xx

Hello, ill be doing the same as you! Ill be living in the same halls! What are they like to live in and would you say they are worth it for the money?:smile: also do you keep your car (if you have one) in the on site car park!!

And also a few questions about the course, is the first year worth any of the final result and whats the course like?:smile: do you do many practical activities as such?? Do you enjoy the course?

Sorry about the bombardment!

Quick Reply

Latest