The Student Room Group

Can i grow more

HI, im new here and id like to ask you about something. Im 15 year old boy and im 5ft 5in my dad is also 5ft 5 and my mum is 5ft 4. I do street workout and i do 100 high jumps every day and i dont eat any sweets i only stick to eating salads and soups and i also dont eat any junk food. So, my question is: do i have a chance to grow to 5ft 9in or at least to 5ft 7in. :smile:
Your diet doesn't effect your height, only your weight and how wide you are. Sorry to say this but you probably have the short gene, but then again you're only 15 so you have a few years left to grow. If you end up not growing anymore you might want to start bulking up. As my mate says its better to be short and hench that tall and fat!

I'm only 5ft6 and 17 which sucks
Also don't worry and get worked up about things you can't change, it's better to accept it and move on. Plus, being short has its advantages!
Reply 3
Well, thanks, im not worried and besides this has its advantages and i think that there are also girls who are not tall and would like me like this :smile:
Yes your diet does affect it. I'm basically a carnivore and I used to be 5.7 then suddenly had a growth spurt to 5.10 and I'm still growing. Most people have growth spurts in your 18s 21s or even 25s. just get a rapid change to iron and calcium foods and you will prepare your body for the growth spurt. It happens quick too. Also don't do weights or weight lifting too much as it stumps your growth permanently. As does stretching exercises or bone bearing activities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samtheman96
Your diet doesn't effect your height,

Pretty sure this isn't true - humans have been getting taller over the years because of better nutrition. Even if nutrition is an issue though, if you're fifteen you may find it's too late (though I actually have no idea). Only eating salad and soup can't be helping though lol
Original post by Implication
Pretty sure this isn't true - humans have been getting taller over the years because of better nutrition. Even if nutrition is an issue though, if you're fifteen you may find it's too late (though I actually have no idea). Only eating salad and soup can't be helping though lol

I'm not a scientist so I wouldn't really know! I have had a very healthy diet since a young age because my parents are very careful with what they eat and my mum worked as a nutritionist for a while, and even with that I haven't really grown much.
Reply 7
To Revolutionizer: i also love meat and eat a lot of it, forgot to mention :smile:
Btw how old were you when you had this spurt and for how long time did you grew with these 3 inches
Original post by stan_98
To Revolutionizer: i also love meat and eat a lot of it, forgot to mention :smile:
Btw how old were you when you had this spurt and for how long time did you grew with these 3 inches

I was in my mid 15's and suddenly grew at a rapid rate, I started noticing 3 weeks into the spurt, and it continued fast into my late 15's, now its still happening but slower because I'm eating less healthy foods. Getting chubby too :frown:. But 5,7 is average for 16 year old. I at least would be satisfied with 6 or 6,1.
Reply 9
And how old are you now and how tall are your parents? Can you still grow? What nutrition do you recommend for growth (healthy nutrition, of course :smile:
Your height's really down to your genetics, unless you are obviously deficient in something diet-wise/hormone-wise then there's nothing you can consciously do to try and grow taller. You can't get into the manmore master race that easily sorry
Reply 11
I know it's mainly genetics and it's not a problem for me if i don't grow much more at all. And you don't have to be sorry and thanks for the quick and helpful answers. I'm sure that there are also girls out there who like shorter guys :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest