The Student Room Group

Rude Asda staff.

To cut a long story short I was Asda, no more than 2 hours ago, and I encountered a slew of despicable and frankly uncouth Asda workers. From the unhelpful shop-floor workers to the unpleasant check-out people.

I asked a guy working on the shop floor where the gluten free bread was and he directed me to an empty receptacle. He shrugged when I asked him if they had more in storage. So I just walked way from him while he was explaining to me possible alternatives.

And the check-out girl was too busy speaking to her friend on the opposite counter to pack my bags. When I asked her for more bags she drew a blank face and continued to bury my shopping under a mountain of plastic bags.

Seriously, why work at a place if you don't want to be there? People need to be enthusiastic about their jobs.

:rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

I thought you left TSR?
Oh hi, back so soon? :h:
She returned because she needed to warn people about the un-warm and uncooperative people that work at ASDA
Reply 4
Original post by Silver Arrows
I thought you left TSR?

Original post by Maid Marian
Oh hi, back so soon? :h:

I've been spammed with PMs from people telling me to stay and I decided to give it on more shot before saying adieu for good. :tongue:

And aren't you going to contribute to this thread or just be in awe in my presence?
Reply 5
Original post by arson_fire
If you will shop with the plebs what do you expect. Wouldn`t get that in Waitrose.............

The nearest waitrose is a 40 min drive from me whereas Asda is like 20mins.

Being treated with courtesy and respect shouldn't cost me 20mins of my time.
Reply 6
Original post by Red one
To cut a long story short I was Asda, no more than 2 hours ago, and I encountered a slew of despicable and frankly uncouth Asda workers. From the unhelpful shop-floor workers to the unpleasant check-out people.

I asked a guy working on the shop floor where the gluten free bread was and he directed me to an empty receptacle. He shrugged when I asked him if they had more in storage. So I just walked way from him while he was explaining to me possible alternatives.

And the check-out girl was too busy speaking to her friend on the opposite counter to pack my bags. When I asked her for more bags she drew a blank face and continued to bury my shopping under a mountain of plastic bags.

Seriously, why work at a place if you don't want to be there? People need to be enthusiastic about their jobs.

:rolleyes:

Working in retail is ****, give them a break.

Do you really think anyone has ever set out to work at asda lol?
Original post by Red one
I've been spammed with PMs from people telling me to stay and I decided to give it on more shot before saying adieu for good. :tongue:

And aren't you going to contribute to this thread or just be in awe in my presence?

I'm sure you have.

Anyway, he was giving you possible alternatives for the out of stock product. If you didn't want to hear about it than that's your problem, not his. Furthermore, most, if not all, staff don't want to work there, they've just been trapped in. Whether they aren't qualified to get another job, maybe unambitious or have a family to provide for. They aren't going to give extra for the exact same pay.
Reply 8
Have we met? :rolleyes:

I'm sure you have.

Anyway, he was giving you possible alternatives for the out of stock product. If you didn't want to hear about it than that's your problem, not his. Furthermore, most, if not all, staff don't want to work there, they've just been trapped in. Whether they aren't qualified to get another job, maybe unambitious or have a family to provide for. They aren't going to give extra for the exact same pay.

Original post by Tom78
Working in retail is ****, give them a break.

Do you really think anyone has ever set out to work at asda lol?

Why sign up to a job if you're not going to give it your 100%?

This entitlement culture of everyone wanting to be a doctor or a lawyer is ridiculous, we need cleaners and garbage people.
People thinking that some jobs are beneath them is ridiculous.

If I got a job at Asda I'd give it my 100% and sure I'd have bad days at work like everyone but I wouldn't moan or tell customers to give me a break because I didn't want to work there. :rolleyes:
Even though I disagree with most of your posts I must admit that you do have a point in this one. I'd be pretty annoyed if I received that sort of treatment in a supermarket, be it ASDA or Marks and Sparks.
Reply 10
If you will shop with the plebs what do you expect. Wouldn`t get that in Waitrose.............

Are you referring to the comment that David Cameron made about waitrose shoppers being nicer.
Original post by Red one

Why sign up to a job if you're not going to give it your 100%.

This entitlement culture of everyone wanting to be a doctor or a lawyer is ridiculous, we need cleaners and garbage people.

If I got a job at Asda I'd give it my 100% and sure I'd have bad days at work like everyone but I wouldn't moan or tell customers to give me a break because I didn't want to work there. :rolleyes:

Because they get paid for it. And people need money to pay for a house, car, food & other essentials. You'll find that out in the real world though.

I agree, I don't think anyone is 'too good' for any job.

If you actually worked at Asda, or in fact any supermarket or just in retail at all, you'll quickly discover the soul-destroying nature of it. They have to deal with awkward customers who kick off about something that isn't there fault, day in day out. It's unfair to tell them to 'give it 100%' if you haven't actually experienced what they experience. Plus a lot of them are on minimum or just above minimum wage. The financial motivation just isn't there for them.
Reply 12
Missed that one. It was based on my experiences of my local asda which is full of fat creatures who look like there about to have a heart attack from the exertion of pushing a trolley full of pies down the aisle while little Kylie and Brittany run riot.

lol
Gluten free incident seemed reasonable

Cashier incident, I agree.
Original post by Red one
Have we met? :rolleyes:

Why sign up to a job if you're not going to give it your 100%?

Because people have bills to pay duh

Have you ever been raped through the earhole ? Because I can honestly say after about 3 hours on a checkout thats what it feels like , if you was to work for asda I guarantee after a month you will despise it .

You can't expect someone working in that sort of job to be all smiles 24/7 , I think the job is absolutely soul destroying tbh . like modern work houses imo and having worked in retail I can't blame them for acting the way they do.
Reply 15
Do you have a silver spoon up your ass, OP? Have you even had a job before?

I want to believe you're just trolling (again) because you can't be that naive.
X.

This .

For every pleasant customer who actually bothers to talk to you and remembers please's and thank you's there are nine others who don't even look you in the eye , thrust the change in your face , look at you with a blank face while on smart phones etc After a while you loose whatever motivation you did have to genuinely be pleased to have the job .

The job breeds hostility towards humans .
Original post by Leftee
Do you have a silver spoon up your ass, OP? Have you even had a job before?

No she hasn't lol
Reply 18
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
No she hasn't lol

In no position to pass judgement then. Just trying to be provocative as usual.
I wouldn't call them rude. It's just some of them aren't very attentive e.g. if you're stuck on the self check-outs they wont really notice. However, in most cases this can be solved by being polite and smiling at them; if they feel valued they are more likely to want to help you.

Quick Reply

Latest