WTF

"was I raped?"

WTF!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
Original post by Red one

Not gonna lie.. For one second I thought it was a pic of you
Sometimes it's not as simple as it seems. Statistically, most rapes are done by someone that the girl knows and not by strangers so if she is in a relationship and is pressured by her other half to have sex or in some way forced then it would be rape but she may not see it in that way because they're in a relationship. It wasn't until recently that rape was even considered in a marriage, before that rape in marriage was not brought to law.
Reply 4
Original post by RedArrow
WTF

"was I raped?"

WTF!

Not every rape is the same and not all 'rapes' are actually rapes.

Silly thread designed to start an argument, hope you're proud of yourself.
Reply 5
Because no doesn't always mean no.
Original post by HarriettRuth
Sometimes it's not as simple as it seems. Statistically, most rapes are done by someone that the girl knows and not by strangers so if she is in a relationship and is pressured by her other half to have sex or in some way forced then it would be rape but she may not see it in that way because they're in a relationship. It wasn't until recently that rape was even considered in a marriage, before that rape in marriage was not brought to law.

This tbh

I'm hardly a White knight, but if it was a boyfriend who got her drunk or pressured her, it is rape, but at first she might question herself

Original post by RtGOAT
Because no doesn't always mean no.

very mature

/sarcasm
(edited 10 years ago)
Because if it happens with someone you know, you sort of question wtf actually happened, especially, if you're only a wee kid and you're only coming to terms with it. If that's what you mean?
Rape: Now a big, hilarious joke.

I ****ing hate the world.
Reply 9
Original post by arson_fire
Jess Gartner has a handy flowchart for just such a situation:

Was Your Rape Legit-.jpg

http://www.jessgartner.com/2012/08/cheatsheet-was-your-rape-legit.html

Don't get whats so hard to understand :curious: It's literally this simple

It happened to me by some random stranger who stalked me when I was on my way home after I went shopping one evening back in January 2013. I was manipulated/pressured/coerced (whatever you want to call it) into having sex and I kept saying no but the guy just would not take no for an answer. He kept becoming more and more physical and touching me inappropriately. When it came to me getting off the train I heard him telling his friend to go home because he figured he was "going to be a while". When it happened we were on my road, just 5 minutes away from my house and I knew I couldn't just run off and go home because he would then know where I lived and god only knows what would have happened if he found that out. I knew I had to let him do what he had to do because that was the only way he would leave me alone. He was a predator. I knew he wouldn't back down until he got what he wanted.

It wasn't until one particular night in September when I thought back to that evening (as I often did) and something just clicked in my mind and made me consider the possibility of it being rape. I spoke to a couple of people and they confirmed for me that it was rape because I made it clear to the guy that I didn't want anything to do with him and that I didn't want him anywhere near me but he just ignored me completely and continued doing what he was doing.

That evening the guy did such a good job at manipulating/pressuring me that it took me 8/9 months to realise that it wasn't my fault - it was his.
If you're not sure if you were raped, then you weren't raped.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Rape: Now a big, hilarious joke.

I ****ing hate the world.

Because nothing is quite so important as adolescent boys being allowed to have their black comedy and their right not to be made to feel bad about it, you know.
Reply 13
Original post by HarriettRuth
Not exactly, like someone else just said, getting drunk and taking advantage is rape but it may not cross the mind of the guy or girl if the one doing it is their partner

Brb... Just wanna get myself totally wasted so I am incapable of making any sensible life decisions when I'm around people who I don't know

... Not like I can make sessile decision when I'm sober anyway :biggrin:
Original post by Meyrin
Because nothing is quite so important as adolescent boys being allowed to have their black comedy and their right not to be made to feel bad about it, you know.

I wouldn't even mind so much if it was actually, you know, funny. Unfortunately in this case it just sounds ****ing retarded.
Reply 15
Original post by Meyrin

Sounds no worse to the "comedy" I have heard from girls about kicking a guy in the balls.
1396201694715.jpg

So which one is it?

1396203348527.jpg
Original post by Mr Smurf
Sounds no worse to the "comedy" I have heard from girls about kicking a guy in the balls.

Yes...

Being raped and being kicked in the balls is the exact same thing, I'm sure.
Reply 18
Original post by Meyrin
Yes...

Being raped and being kicked in the balls is the exact same thing, I'm sure.

They are not but why is the latter something to joke about?
Original post by Mr Smurf
They are not but why is the latter something to joke about?

I've never done so myself, but I imagine it's slightly more acceptable considering one is a painful physical experience and the other mentally and physically traumatic beyond compare.

Quick Reply

Latest