The Student Room Group

Hate being flat-chested

I'm contemplating whether I should get a boob job. I got teased for my flat-chest - including my "friends" and family. I was reading this article and it got me thinking...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2604168/Woman-hated-34a-breasts-afford-boob-job-wish-come-true-STRANGERS-internet-funded-op.html

I just hate my body; my flat chest makes my tummy look huge. I want to balance it out so it doesn't look like I'm preggos :frown:. I'm 21 and I look like I've got a 11 year old body. I don't feel feminine at all.

I don't think guys will take one look at me because I don't have boobs or bum plus I'm unattractive.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm contemplating whether I should get a boob job. I got teased for my flat-chest - including my "friends" and family. I was reading this article and it got me thinking...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2604168/Woman-hated-34a-breasts-afford-boob-job-wish-come-true-STRANGERS-internet-funded-op.html

I just hate my body; my flat chest makes my tummy look huge. I want to balance it out so it doesn't look like I'm preggos :frown:. I'm 21 and I look like I've got a 11 year old body. I don't feel feminine at all.

I don't think guys will take one look at me because I don't have boobs or bum plus I'm unattractive.

That article is a sad indictment on society.

There's nothing wrong with being flat chested, a lot of people would prefer it to larger breasts :redface:
I'm a 34C and on my frame it looks friggin ridiculous. I'm 5ft 2 and slim but I have ginormous hips. I would KILL to have AA boobs. My cousin is 36AA and she can sleep on her front :frown:. She can go without a bra and run... This is a huge blessing you have. I would never consider a boob job if I were you. Don't worry about your breast size. I promise that men prefer a natural small bust to larger, disproportionate implants. I envy your perfect boob size >: (
Think about whether a boob job would actually make YOU feel better/more confident. Don't do stuff for others, it hardly works out. Personally, I don't think you should do it, boob jobs can cost a fortune and having D+ cups can be so impractical (running, shirts etc). And you don't want a man who only loves you for your boobs. But it's up to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thenewone61
I'm a 34C and on my frame it looks friggin ridiculous. I'm 5ft 2 and slim but I have ginormous hips. I would KILL to have AA boobs. My cousin is 36AA and she can sleep on her front :frown:. She can go without a bra and run... This is a huge blessing you have. I would never consider a boob job if I were you. Don't worry about your breast size. I promise that men prefer a natural small bust to larger, disproportionate implants. I envy your perfect boob size >: (

*laugh* By modern sizing standards, a 34C isn't even big. This reminds me of an interview I read with Rochelle Wiseman, where she talks about having a curvaceous figure and cites her "32D chest". A 32D isn't even big! I've seen Rochelle in person and she doesn't have particularly big boobs at all.

I'm a size 10 and I'm a 30FF. I actually know a bit more about having a big chest. I want to drop to a 30F, I feel like mine are just a bit too big.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by honeyandlemon
*laugh* By modern sizing standards, a 34C isn't even big. This reminds me of an interview I read with Rochelle Wiseman, where she talks about having a curvaceous figure and cites her "32D chest". A 32D isn't even big! I've seen Rochelle in person and she doesn't have particularly big boobs at all.

I'm a size 10 and I'm a 30FF. I actually know a bit more about having a big chest. I want to drop to a 30F, I feel like mine are just a bit too big.

What gives you the right to insult others becaue you have ridiculously, unattractively large boobs? A 32D/34C is still larger than average, even if they're not fat like yours. Stop telling people how they can/cannot feel because it makes you feel bitter about your own experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Obiejess
What gives you the right to insult others becaue you have ridiculously, unattractively large boobs? A 32D/34C is still larger than average, even if they're not fat like yours. Stop telling people how they can/cannot feel because it makes you feel bitter about your own experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A 34C acting like she's super big and would kill for small boobs is just wrong to be honest. A 34C isn't that big.
A 34C acting like she's super big and would kill for small boobs is just wrong to be honest. A 34C isn't that big.

Maybe it's big for her? Your worst pain is your worst pain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is something I also feel insecure about so you have my sympathy (especially about the boobs to belly ratio thing). Try padded/push up bras if you want them to look a bit bigger. Getting surgery is a huge decision, it's pretty risky and you might regret it later in life so please think really carefully! Not everyone likes big boobs anyway, although you being happy with them is much more important than anyone else's approval.
Reply 9
Original post by Obiejess

Posted from TSR Mobile

ummm...
Original post by Tai Ga
ummm...

That wss the point :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who's "acting" like they're super big? On MY frame, 34C is large by proportion. Again, I would enjoy having the ability to sleep on my front and go braless like my cousin but I unfortunately cannot. How is it "just wrong"? I do not understand your reasoning. You have some type of complex and you're projecting. I am not "flat chested" hence the reason why I posted. It's morons like you flapping their mammoth breasts around in competition with other women who make girls like the OP insecure. Sincerest apologies for not being even more disproportionate. Who's the attention seeker here, m'dear?
Reply 12
Can I just interject and say neither party should be insulting each other. I don't understand why it's acceptable for people to say things like mammoth breasts, and ridiculously large/fat boobs. Yet if I were to call someone a chalkboard all hell would break loose. Boobs are boobs. They're nice things which shouldn't be insulted generally.
Listen, if you're looking for a boob war, it's ONNNNN!:colone:
Reply 14
Thanks for your opinions/support everyone... I've decided I won't. I guess I should be happy the way I look - even if I'm flat-chested :redface:
Reply 15
Hi hun,
I am a 32D and I think my boobs are small but really, nobody likes their body that much. You need to stop worrying about the bad things and really highlight your good things! And try working out more to lift the boobs you have it'll make them look a cup or two bigger, also try massaging them I heard that increases breast size, good luck
Reply 16

No offence, but I'd hate to have your boob size.
Laugh as much as you want, I'm laughing that I'm not you. Ha.
I feel your pain, I'm flat chested too, I'm an A cup. It makes me feel really insecure too considering all my sisters have big boobs and im the only one that has a child body. but I see it like this: everyone complains about their body, some girls want smaller boobs other want bigger. Some like to have long hair, some short.

If you're worried about guys, look at it like this: statistically on the whole majority guys find women with longer hair attractive. Yet girls still cut their hair short and they too have boyfriends. Everyone has their own preference. Big boobs or small boobs, they're boobs at the end of the day and they're a part of who you are. Be happy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous

Some girls (though not many) can get away with AA and look quite nice, particularly if they have a nice feminine figure and what's there is a little perky. To be honest though from what you've told us I would go for it! :smile: Speaking as a guy, natural is always better but if there really isn't anything there at all than fake boobs are better than nothing at all - there's always the novelty value of them. Wouldn't go too large with them though as can look ridiculous, go for say a B cup. I think once you get to C cup and above they can start looking too obvious and a bit ridiculous as they stick out it an obviously fake way and get out of proportion with the body frame.
Embrace it!
You can run with comfort
You can sleep on your front
You can wear more tops without fearing how your boobs look- big boobs can make you look larger if you wear sweaters and baggy tops
You can go without a bra
Sagging of boobs will affect you less

If you're still desperate: exercises which strengthen the muscle between boobs and shoulders can give some lift and make them perk more btw

Latest