The Student Room Group

TSR is on a decline

when i first joined and my first few threads were full of helpful , funny replies

nowadays its just full of trollings

Scroll to see replies

That is because any funny comments posted now are deemed off topic and swiftly removed by the god awful mods.
It was terrible long before you arrived. It's a well known fact that TSR became crap the hour they changed the rep system.
Reply 3
Losing the neg rep system hurt it so bad. I yearn to have those days back
(edited 9 years ago)
you also aren't allowed to post anything which might offend people in the slightest. So basically, you can't post anything anymore. It's got to be the most PC forum on the whole internet.
Original post by electriic_ink
It was terrible long before you arrived. It's a well known fact that TSR became crap the hour they changed the rep system.

But didn't the research stats show that after the trial period show there was an increase of posts in previously inactive areas, creation of threads and more new accounts
Reply 6
Original post by cyxstudio
when i first joined and my first few threads were full of helpful , funny replies

nowadays its just full of trollings

No one is forcing you to stay
Reply 7
AA.jpg

I joined about a month ago and my experience has been quite bizarre. What's even more strange is the amount of reputation points he gained.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sevchenko
But didn't the research stats show that after the trial period show there was an increase of posts in previously inactive areas, creation of threads and more new accounts

1) Correlation does not equal causation. Especially using 3 months of data.

2) If the quality of posts or threads have not increased then who cares if there are more posts.

3) Why would anyone open an account because of the rep system?
Original post by sevchenko

Lots of the new accounts were dupes, "why the **** don't people in their 20s join social groups?"
Yh, the eradication of the rep system has meant that TSR has become flooded with master trolls.
I don't understand the new rep system. When it tells me I have a new rep, what's the number next to it for?
Illusionary :cry:
Reply 13
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Yh, the eradication of the rep system has meant that TSR has become flooded with master trolls.

I'd disagree, I don't think rep has anything to do with trolls, if someone is going to troll they are hardly going to care about rep.
Original post by Idle
I'd disagree, I don't think rep has anything to do with trolls, if someone is going to troll they are hardly going to care about rep.

OH, BUT MR IDLE :hand:

Rep might not affect the crazy trolls, but the normal members with an inner troll were kept in line by the presence of rep, IMO. :colone:
Reply 15
Original post by Maid Marian
OH, BUT MR IDLE :hand:

Rep might not affect the crazy trolls, but the normal members with an inner troll were kept in line by the presence of rep, IMO. :colone:

It's a number on a screen at the end of the day.

If someone is repeatedly trolling they are going to get banned.
Original post by Idle

If someone is repeatedly trolling they are going to get banned.

Oh, but Mr Idle!!!!
I like the use of boldage in your second sentence, it's so authoritative and dominant :colone: :colone: :colone:
funny replies to trolling? sounds like the same thing to me :biggrin:
Original post by Idle

Rep tells the mods which posters the community thinks are trolls. 100,000 heads are better than 10. If you ban a poster with 8 green gems you're doing something wrong. If you haven't banned a poster with 8 red gems, you're doing something wrong.

If someone is repeatedly trolling they are going to get banned

and yet Jimbo is still here.
Original post by Maid Marian
Oh, but Mr Idle!!!!
I like the use of bondage in your second sentence, it's so authoritative and dominant :colone: :colone: :colone:

MARIAN!!

Quick Reply

Latest