The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever here ever changed teams

I'm planning on going from Spurs to Man United, because they were my first team, love them secretly, but everyone thinks I'm die hard spurs fan, so I just wondering any body here ever changed teams and how did you tell your friends?

Even my teachers discuss spurs with me what am I going to tell them.

Scroll to see replies

Well, at least they can't call you a glory supporter!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply 2
No sir you never change your team! And to Man United as well. Shame on you.
This is like asking should I trade my child for another one. No you sick ****.
Reply 4
Its only football calm down
Reply 5
If your view is its 'only football' then you will fit right in with the man united fans
Why bother having a favourite team at all? The players don't care about you, why should you care about them?
Reply 7
Only when I was in primary school - supported Chelsea cos all my friends did. Soon came to my senses - Foxes til I die!
Reply 8
Original post by cole-slaw
Why bother having a favourite team at all? The players don't care about you, why should you care about them?

The players are not who you support.......
Original post by K1996s
The players are not who you support.......

Who do you support then, the ball boys?
Who do you support then, the ball boys?

The team, the club, the spirit, the passion
I started out supporting man city as a child because parents forced me. When i was 8 I changed to Utd and loved it .. Then Chelsea for 2 years when Roman took over .. This year I am supporting Liverpool and Everton (If Everton get top 4)

Its great because u get to know a lot of styles and players
Original post by KongShou
The team, the club, the spirit, the passion

Four words, two of which basically mean "the players", and two of which are abstract concepts.
A friend of mine changed teams last summer from Arsenal to Spurs, I think it was because of their spending on class players.
Original post by betelgeuse-
i started out supporting man city as a child because parents forced me. When i was 8 i changed to utd and loved it .. Then chelsea for 2 years when roman took over .. This year i am supporting liverpool and everton (if everton get top 4)

its great because u get to know a lot of styles and players

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Original post by Betelgeuse-
I started out supporting man city as a child because parents forced me. When i was 8 I changed to Utd and loved it .. Then Chelsea for 2 years when Roman took over .. This year I am supporting Liverpool and Everton (If Everton get top 4)

Its great because u get to know a lot of styles and players

Kudos sir, at least you're not in denial about supporting "the passion".

Supporting a sports team you have no connection to whatsoever is just dumb. Its one lot of overpaid mercenaries, playing against another.

If you really must insist on supporting one set of mercenaries at least do it because of something sensible like you like the way they play, and if they stop playing like that, you stop supporting them.

Tribal support for a football team is no less retarded than tribal support for a political party.
Reply 16
I used to support Stockport, but I like man United now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I'm going to change teams and support whoever wins the league this year, I'm a gunners fan.
Original post by Soso2
Its only football calm down

Football is not a matter of life and death. It's more than that.
Four words, two of which basically mean "the players", and two of which are abstract concepts.

Do they don't. Team and club are much more than the players on the pitch. Abstract concepts are also not players last time i checked. Just admit that youre wrong.

Quick Reply