The Student Room Group

AQA Law Unit 1 (FRI 23/05/14) - Exam Revision

What do you think is likely to come up? Have you been revising a lot lately? What resources do you use? Let's revise together here :biggrin:

The 3 topics I've chosen in unit 1 are: Criminal Courts and Lay People, Delegated Legislation and Statutory Interpretation

UPDATE
Looking over all the past papers from 2010- 2013 these are my predictions:

1. Statutory Interpretation:
Q1-Definitely learn both Intrinsic/Extrinsic aids+ any 1 of 3 rules of language
Q2-Purposive rule hasn't come up since JAN11. Literal rule probably won't come up since it's been in the paper 4 times (most) Golden/Mischief rule are possibilities
Q3-Likely adv. + disadv. of purposive rule (as they always go with ^ rule)

2. Delegated Legislation:
Q1-Learn statutory instruments and one other statutory instrument
Q2-Judicial controls comes up pretty often but learn parliamentary controls- just in case!
Q3-Adv. and Disadv. of delegated leg. comes up often. One possible q is Why they have to delegate (very easy to memorise the 5 points)

3. Criminal Courts and Lay People:
Q1&Q2-
ALL POSSIBILE:
-Role of lay mag. dealing with -> summary, TEW, indictable
-Work of lay mag. (in and/or out of court)

-Trial and appeal court routes

-How jurors qualify and are selected
-How magistrates qualify and are selected

Q3-Advantages of lay people comes up a lot. Make sure you know advantages for both (and disadvantages too) Disadvantage came up only twice so there's a possibility it could come up this year.

Of course you should go through everything, these are just my predictions and what I'm going to focus a little bit more on.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by xtenshiai
What do you think is likely to come up? Have you been revising a lot lately? What resources do you use? Let's revise together here :biggrin:

The 3 topics I've chosen in unit 1 are: Criminal Courts and Lay People, Delegated Legislation and Statutory Interpretation

I'd have chosen Judicial Precedent over Statutory Interpretation. When I did Law, it come up along with the other two you've picked, a lot more regularly than the others.
Reply 2
Original post by Revel
I'd have chosen Judicial Precedent over Statutory Interpretation. When I did Law, it come up along with the other two you've picked, a lot more regularly than the others.

Our teacher chose which ones for us. I think they're alright- she said that they weren't hard. Ah Judicial precedent does come up. It's one of the 4 options but we have to pick 3.
Our teacher chose the topics for us: Delegated Legislation, Criminal Courts and Lay People, The Legal Profession and other sources of advice, and funding.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending