The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever here ever changed teams

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by KongShou
Do they don't. Team and club are much more than the players on the pitch. Abstract concepts are also not players last time i checked. Just admit that youre wrong.

Saying "just admit you're wrong" is not an argument.

When you support a football team you are supporting the players and the manager. You might claim to support the backroom staff but I bet you couldn't even name them.
No but I've often refused to admit which team I support. Admitting to being a Real Madrid fan in England leads to too much unnecessary aggro.
Reply 22
Original post by tengentoppa
No but I've often refused to admit which team I support. Admitting to being a Real Madrid fan in England leads to too much unnecessary aggro.

Glory hunter, you live in England for God's sake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by cole-slaw
Saying "just admit you're wrong" is not an argument.

When you support a football team you are supporting the players and the manager. You might claim to support the backroom staff but I bet you couldn't even name them.

People are not the only things that make up a club. There's this thing called passion and spirit as well, not to mention the grounds. Just admit that your wrong. Im not only supporting the currently **** line up at Man Utd, I'm supporting the WHOLE club, which consist more than the current players.
Reply 24
People are not the only things that make up a club. There's this thing called passion and spirit as well, not to mention the grounds. Just admit that your wrong. Im not only supporting the currently **** line up at Man Utd, I'm supporting the WHOLE club, which consist more than the current players.

What else does it include then? Do you passionately support the car park at Old Trafford? The club shop? The prawn sandwich dispensary? Do you sing songs about the debt/equity ratio?

Pray inform us all which particular bit about Manchester United you support, if not the manager and players.
Reply 25
What else does it include then? Do you passionately support the car park at Old Trafford? The club shop? The prawn sandwich dispensary? Do you sing songs about the debt/equity ratio?

Pray inform us all which particular bit about Manchester United you support, if not the manager and players.

I have just listed quite a few, all of which you ignored.

The players
David Moyes
Everyone working at the club
Old Trafford
Fellow fans
The songs
The United spirit
The passion
The history
The shirt
The logo
Our position in the League
Every goal we score
Every goal we concede

Everything that make Manchester United into Manchester United
Reply 26
Do they don't. Team and club are much more than the players on the pitch. Abstract concepts are also not players last time i checked. Just admit that youre wrong.

The day someone admits they're wrong on tsr will be the day that hell freezes over lol. Just ignore this guy on a trolling spree, players and managers come and go, but the club doesn't (unless it goes bust). For me personally, football just wouldn't be the same if I didn't support a football club, nothing can compare to that feeling when my favourite team (in this case, my local non-league team) scores a late winner or gets promoted.
Reply 27
I have just listed quite a few, all of which you ignored.

The players
David Moyes
Everyone working at the club
Old Trafford
Fellow fans
The songs
The United spirit
The passion
The history
The shirt
The logo
Our position in the League
Every goal we score
Every goal we concede

Everything that make Manchester United into Manchester United

Right, so explain to me which one of those is that much better than any other clubs that you feel obliged to support Man Utd.

Liverpool have a better song, for example. The shirt is quite nice I suppose. is that it? Did I guess right? You support MU because you appreciate the aesthetic quality of the uniform?
Original post by Ggmu!
Glory hunter, you live in England for God's sake.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Case in point.
Reply 29
Original post by tengentoppa
Case in point.

Hahaha that gave me a good laugh. I'm joking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Right, so explain to me which one of those is that much better than any other clubs that you feel obliged to support Man Utd.

Liverpool have a better song, for example. The shirt is quite nice I suppose. is that it? Did I guess right? You support MU because you appreciate the aesthetic quality of the uniform?

I don't support Man Utd because we're better. I support them because I do. I don't feel obliged to support Man Utd, I support them because I do. Is this too abstract for you to understand? Clearly a troll. Not gonna reply again.
Reply 31
I was brought up to support United, but I got a bit fed up of that 1-2 years ago. I don't really have any interest in the club specifically, I just like football in general. I don't think I'll ever support a new club now, I don't feel the involvement that others feel. At the end of the day, you're not contributing anything that someone else couldn't come along and give; it doesn't really feel like I'm actually involved, so why pretend to myself that I am? If I ever worked for a club or something like that, then maybe I'd feel a bit more inclined, but I dunno. I just like to be entertained, and like to see the underdogs win whenever possible. It's also fun to talk about declining clubs, and what they need to do to solve the problems; a club that's winning comfortably is pretty boring.
Reply 32
I don't support Man Utd because we're better. I support them because I do. I don't feel obliged to support Man Utd, I support them because I do. Is this too abstract for you to understand? Clearly a troll. Not gonna reply again.

You support them because you support them. Great logic.

At least most people have some kind of flawed reason, like "because I'm from Manchester" "because my dad did" or "because I like how they play". You don't even have that.
Reply 33
You support them because you support them. Great logic.

At least most people have some kind of flawed reason, like "because I'm from Manchester" "because my dad did" or "because I like how they play". You don't even have that.

why are the two in bold flawed reasons?
Reply 34
Original post by bluester
why are the two in bold flawed reasons?

the third one isn't, to be fair, but the first one is as flawed as anything. You may be from Manchester but the manager isn't, the owner isn't, the players aren't, and the club is registered in the US.

and before anyone says anything, Man City are no better, they're worse if anything.

Its an entertainment industry. People seem to get confused about this.
Reply 35

I've never understood it. If you aren't supporting the players and manager who are you supporting? A name on some memorabilia?
Reply 36
Went from Arsenal to West Ham.

Half the reason why I supported Arsenal was because I went to school in North London in which 99% of students supported Arsenal.
Reply 37
When from Man U to Arsenal in Primary cause that's what everyone was doing, in Year 8 I decided to support my local team never looked back, I have a smile everytime I pass Upton Park.
Reply 38
Original post by senz72
Went from Arsenal to West Ham.

Half the reason why I supported Arsenal was because I went to school in North London in which 99% of students supported Arsenal.

This exactly what it was for me lol, can't believe we share the same story
Reply 39
I will NEVER change my team. I've been through too much with them to change. I will love Leeds through our ups and (considerably more frequent) downs. I am Leeds.

Quick Reply

Latest