The Student Room Group

If racism is wrong

Why is racism still so common ? in our everyday life?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because people don't care.:smile:

This goes for all things people do which are not moral....murder, rape etc..
If murder / assault / and etc

Then

Why is murder / assault / and etc still so common? In our everyday life?

Stupid question.
(edited 10 years ago)
Being bred by ignorance and adopting those very same, ignorant values?
Original post by GnomeMage

Just because something is common does not mean that it is not wrong. Violence is common but most people agree it is wrong.
Reply 5
No matter what rules we enforce, there will always be individuals who break them.
Is this like the reverse of the logic that says homosexuality is wrong because it's not normal?
Original post by GnomeMage

Ignorance, people not educating themselves.
Reply 8
Original post by DorianGrayism
If murder / assault / and etc

Then

Why is murder / assault / and etc still so common? In our everyday life?

Stupid question.

You love calling things/people stupid don't you? Quite funny since you have such difficulty composing a couple of sentences without grammatical mistakes.
Reply 9
Original post by LucasMoura
You love calling things/people stupid don't you? Quite funny since you have such difficulty composing a couple of sentences without grammatical mistakes.

Funny how this is the first post of yours I've seen which is entirely grammatically correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LucasMoura

I feel honoured to have my first stalker.
Pure ignorance.
Original post by DorianGrayism
I feel honoured to have my first stalker.

To be fair I also think you're a giant twit.
Reply 13
cuz people don''t have a goddamn brain, if they do they can't ****ing use it. capiche?
Original post by ronmack
cuz people don''t have a goddamn brain, if they do they can't ****ing use it. capiche?

cabbage?
Reply 15
Original post by ahdbadman981
cabbage?

no
Reply 16
Everyone is racist, they'll hate to admit it but everyone has those thoughts. Most of us have been conditioned not to express them however which is why it's not common if you've been integrated into other races during your upbringing.
Original post by Red one
Everyone is racist, they'll hate to admit it but everyone has those thoughts. Most of us have been conditioned not to express them however which is why it's not common if you've been integrated into other races during your upbringing.

i get so angry when black ppl dont give up their seat
Reply 18
Original post by ahdbadman981
i get so angry when black ppl dont give up their seat

Again note that I said internal thoughts.
Reply 19
It is part of human nature unfortunately, even those that claim not to be racist will be sub-consciously racist. People who claim not to discriminate based on race would still 'linger' over certain ethnicities in reaction tests. However even this sub-conscious racial discrimination disappears completely when people are put in a task involving a diverse team against another diverse team, they begin to have lasting discrimination against other 'teams' instead. I, unfortunate as it may seen, believe (and this is my opinion) that something as simple as facial structure and skin pigmentation is enough to develop a 'them' and 'us' attitude to even the tiniest degree, and outside of the context of say, team against team, and instead in the more drab and usual context of everyday life, it is this basic discrimination that wins over. I would not say 100% that this is a product of human evolution, and probably has a cultural basis, there may be certain conditions that do not allow for discrimination based on physical features at all even in every day life, but these conditions unfortunately are not found in the majority of modern day cultures, even outside of the West where racism is not 'called out on', that is not to say that these cultures do not exist.

Quick Reply

Latest