The Student Room Group

Just how much longer is the UK media gonna spam us with the Katie Piper sob story?

Some chav started hanging out with a thug and got acid threw in her face.

Do people actually care?

This story has been brought up constantly throughout the years and there was an article in the mirror about it on Saturday.

The only thing women can take from her experience is stop trying to get by on your looks your whole life.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you not feel any compassion or empathy at all?
Dude... you're a dick.
Reply 3
Original post by GoldGhost
Do you not feel any compassion or empathy at all?

For people that deserve it, yes.

Unfortunately I'm not a sociopath.
That was rude it's still out there because it's relevent some people do get attacked and get acid thrown at them, by her story being out there it raises awareness it shows those people they are not alone and her strength through all of it is really inspiring therefore I care
Reply 5
Original post by LucasMoura
For people that deserve it, yes.

Unfortunately I'm not a sociopath.

So a young woman deserved to have acid thrown in her face and treated horrendously by her boyfriend then? Surely there must be a slither of empathy. What exactly was this thread supposed to do, was it supposed to spark a debate? Or was it to demonstrate your lack of empathy.
Reply 6
Nobody deserves to have acid thrown at them.

I don't know how she is an inspiration though? People have had worse things happen to them than her.
Reply 7
Original post by GoldGhost
So a young woman deserved to have acid thrown in her face and treated horrendously by her boyfriend then? Surely there must be a slither of empathy. What exactly was this thread supposed to do, was it supposed to spark a debate? Or was it to demonstrate your lack of empathy.

So having no empathy means you think someone deserved what happened to them?

I feel like you are trying your hardest to be offended. I don't want to debate with you.
Reply 8
Original post by DorianGrayism
A Sociopath wouldn't tell people that he thinks that the Katie Piper is a stupid story.

A Sociopath would pretend to care about Katie Piper to get attention and etc and not feel guilty about.

So you are not a Sociopath. You are just an idiot.

No I'm sorry pseudo-intellectual oscar wilde fan, a sociopath doesn't follow out strict regimes that you've created in your head.

Try again.
Reply 9

I feel like you are trying your hardest to be offended. I don't want to debate with you.

I'm not personally offended. I just don't understand the purpose of this thread, thats all.
The only mistake she made was that she met someone through Facebook, which is never advisable, and initially I believe she was happy with the resulting relationship. While I certainly wouldn't do this, lots of people do meet this way and have happy relationships.

To my knowledge she did nothing to deserve being beaten, raped and have acid thrown in her face. So it's rather cruel to have that sort of attitude towards her, when it's the media milking the story (which is what's annoying you OP).
No I'm sorry pseudo-intellectual oscar wilde fan, a sociopath doesn't follow out strict regimes that you've created in your head.

Try again.

I don't like Oscar Wilde. I don't read his books.

That is not a strict regime either. It is quite a simple one.

Sociopaths manipulate people to gain what they want. A Sociopath wouldn't pretend to dislike the Katie Piper Story to get attention. They would do the opposite.
(edited 10 years ago)
I thinks it's good what she does. The programmes she does helps raise awareness. What happened to her was awful and yet at least she is doing something with her life, just recently had a baby which is lovely :redface:
Honestly the fact that she's highlighting the terrible "acid-throwing" incidents (that occurred before it happened to her and still do occur) is brilliant. Coming from a background where acid throwing is a lot more common, I applaud her efforts to raise awareness and quite frankly admire her ability to go through hell and still come fighting on top. On top of that she's moved on, managed to find a good man and have a beautiful child.

As opposed to the current "celebrity" stories that dominate UK tabloids, hers is one I'd much rather read about. Also OP you appear to have disturbingly low levels of empathy.
Reply 14
Don't like Oscar Wilde.

Sociopaths manipulate people to gain what they want. A Sociopath wouldn't pretend to dislike the Katie Piper Story to get attention. They would do the opposite.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sociopath

Not all sociopaths manipulate, they just tend to when they want something.

I love how you have to keep deleting and editing your idiotic comments btw. Try to think before you type, it's easier that way
Some chav started hanging out with a thug and got acid threw in her face.

Do people actually care?

This story has been brought up constantly throughout the years and there was an article in the mirror about it on Saturday.

The only thing women can take from her experience is stop trying to get by on your looks your whole life.

I see absolutely no point in this thread. Clearly you care, or you wouldn't be talking about it. Are said articles affecting you personally?!
As someone who is physically scarred, I find her quite inspiring, but there you go.
Reply 16
Don't like Oscar Wilde.

dictionary[.]reference[.]com/browse/sociopath

Not all sociopaths manipulate, they just tend to when they want something.

I love how you have to keep deleting and editing your idiotic comments btw. Try to think before you type, it's easier that way

This thread is nasty
Reply 18
Woah. This is unneeded, it isn't a sob story. What happened has changed her life a lot, until you are in her shoes don't backlash the media for trying to support her.
Hello...? I just got here. Is this the thread for hatin' on women?

Quick Reply

Latest