The Student Room Group

Nipple piercings?

So I'm considering getting my nipple pierced and I was just wondering if anyone has had it done and what your experience was? Thankyou :smile:
I had mine done but ended up retiring them about abyear later because they still hadn't 100% healed (still weeping slightly and got sore around my period) the piercing itself was painful, even frozen. but no more than I expected. You'll want to wear a supportive sports bra the first few weeks of healing (going up and down stairs braless was painful) its fairly easy to clean just Make up a salt solution of 1 tsp sea salt to 1L boiled water and put it in a shot glass and invert it over your nipple to soak for 5 mins.

Make sure you get it done by a good piercer.

I do sometimes miss my piercings and have considered getting them repierced, but haven't so far.
Reply 2
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
I had mine done but ended up retiring them about abyear later because they still hadn't 100% healed (still weeping slightly and got sore around my period) the piercing itself was painful, even frozen. but no more than I expected. You'll want to wear a supportive sports bra the first few weeks of healing (going up and down stairs braless was painful) its fairly easy to clean just Make up a salt solution of 1 tsp sea salt to 1L boiled water and put it in a shot glass and invert it over your nipple to soak for 5 mins.

Make sure you get it done by a good piercer.

I do sometimes miss my piercings and have considered getting them repierced, but haven't so far.

Yeah, im slightly worried with how long they take to heal. I swim quite a lot as well, so a little concerned about infection. I'll just have to invest in some waterproof plasters! Thankyou though; I think I shall find a good place and give it a whirl :smile:
Original post by ~Cat
Yeah, im slightly worried with how long they take to heal. I swim quite a lot as well, so a little concerned about infection. I'll just have to invest in some waterproof plasters! Thankyou though; I think I shall find a good place and give it a whirl :smile:

I never actually found swimming an issue. I'd say don't swim for the first couple of weeks and when you do, clean them as soon as possible after. Once its healed for the most part, distilled witch hazel can be used to give it a quick clean until you can do a salt soak.
Reply 4
Hi,

Coming from a boys prospective I can not comment on how the experience will be for you, however a close female friend of mine has had her nipples pierced for around a year and she absolutely loves them (so do I :wink2:)

Give it a week or two but after that you will be fine to continue swimming. As you mentioned make sure you use something like waterproof plasters.

The biggest advise I can give you is to get it/them done at clean and professional place, if you have questions ask the person doing the piercing as they would have been asked the same questions you have many many times over

Good Luck!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
I never actually found swimming an issue. I'd say don't swim for the first couple of weeks and when you do, clean them as soon as possible after. Once its healed for the most part, distilled witch hazel can be used to give it a quick clean until you can do a salt soak.

Thats great, thanks for the help! I think I'm going to go for it.
Reply 6
Original post by Bedo
Hi,

Coming from a boys prospective I can not comment on how the experience will be for you, however a close female friend of mine has had her nipples pierced for around a year and she absolutely loves them (so do I :wink2:)

Give it a week or two but after that you will be fine to continue swimming. As you mentioned make sure you use something like waterproof plasters.

The biggest advise I can give you is to get it/them done at clean and professional place, if you have questions ask the person doing the piercing as they would have been asked the same questions you have many many times over

Good Luck!!

Haha fabulous :smile: definitely going to look for a hygienic place, bit of a hypochondriac so questions will be asked. I'm tempted to get one done as a trial, going to look a bit odd for a while
I got one done in Feb...hurt for a few hours then has been fine ever since. I don't get weeping or crusts, in fact I forget its there unless I snag it on my sponge in the shower. I have never needed to do a salt soak as I've never had oozing, but I have sea salt on standby. I wash it daily with a disinfectant soap.

I was told it takes about 9 months to heal if taken care of properly. I think the size of your nipple plays a part too, my friend with massive boobs said hers was hell for the 18 months it took to heal while mine has been fine.

You're not meant to swim till its fully healed though, no idea what some of these people are on about... Why would you want to anyway lol.

It differs from person to person, so some people may have easier times healing than others.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
They're not as fun to play with if they're pierced :sad:

Do as you wish though, it's your body :yep:
Reply 9
Original post by brownbearxo
I got one done in Feb...hurt for a few hours then has been fine ever since. I don't get weeping or crusts, in fact I forget its there unless I snag it on my sponge in the shower. I have never needed to do a salt soak as I've never had oozing, but I have sea salt on standby. I wash it daily with a disinfectant soap.

I was told it takes about 9 months to heal if taken care of properly. I think the size of your nipple plays a part too, my friend with massive boobs said hers was hell for the 18 months it took to heal while mine has been fine.

You're not meant to swim till its fully healed though, no idea what some of these people are on about... Why would you want to anyway lol.

It differs from person to person, so some people may have easier times healing than others.

Ha, well my boobs are tiny so if that's the case I shall be grand :smile: it'll probably be 4 weeks from when I get it done until I next go swimming, I'll definitely have to waterproof it...
Reply 10
Nipple piercings can take up to 18 months to fully heal. You want to stay away from the sea and swimming pool for 6 weeks.

The only issue with them is migration, they can grow out.

Im a professional body modification artist so i know exactly what im talking about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Pinchy
Nipple piercings can take up to 18 months to fully heal. You want to stay away from the sea and swimming pool for 6 weeks.

The only issue with them is migration, they can grow out.

Im a professional body modification artist so i know exactly what im talking about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou very much! Think I may hold off until I've been on holiday
Gross
Reply 13

Quick Reply

Latest