The Student Room Group

Guys would you date a plus size girl?

Scroll to see replies

I was a size 12 few years ago and I was called fat. Now I'm size 16-18 I must be morbidly obese. Don't know what's plus sized and normal anymore tbh. (also for those who fat shame people, no I don't eat a lot and exercise as much as my body would let me. my weight gain was partly illness and the pill)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
NOOOOO. In a way, people like you frustrate me! You should be on my side! You agree with the sentiments of what I say! And then you pussy out :tongue:

While it might be the easy option, it's not easier for all the other people currently being made to feel like ****, nor does it actually do anything to change societies perception. If enough people stopped conforming, well, society wouldn't have anything to pressure people with!

But I accept not everyone has my "I don't give two ****s" attitude :lol:

Theory and practice with what we're discussing can be hugely different, and I think subconsciously, we all conform to varying degrees.

Try being 300 pounds and not giving a ****. It'll be a great experiment :biggrin:. I've been there, and it sure as hell wasn't easy not giving a ****. I conformed, and I'm delighted with the turnaround. Though I now think most people are shallow bastards :lol:.
Reply 42
Original post by marinaim
I would equally not like a thin but lazy person :tongue:
Also it's not so much the lazy but the indifference to themselves, I think sometimes it lacking respect for your own body.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm thin and very active. Would you date me? :lol:

P.S. I completely agree with your position!
Original post by donutaud15
I was a size 12 few years ago and I was called fat. Now I'm size 16-18 I must be morbidly obese. Don't know what's plus sized and normal anymore tbh. (also for those who fat shame people, no I don't eat a lot and exercise as much as my body would let me. my weight gain was partly illness and the pill)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just saying, I really don't think that classifies anywhere near being morbidly obese.
Original post by jay2013

Smooth mate, real smooth. :tongue:
Original post by elpistolero7
Theory and practice with what we're discussing can be hugely different, and I think subconsciously, we all conform to varying degrees.

Try being 300 pounds and not giving a ****. It'll be a great experiment :biggrin:. I've been there, and it sure as hell wasn't easy not giving a ****. I conformed, and I'm delighted with the turnaround. Though I now think most people are shallow bastards :lol:.

Really?

I admit I don't have experience with that, but I do have experience with being the weird arty girl no one would talk to except to ask weird sexual questions or take the piss out of. I considered changing, then I thought "**** it. I like who I am, and honestly, I really really DON'T like who they are. Why would I want to be like that?". So I carried on being me. Met my awesome equally weird partner, and our weird friends. Life's now great, and I didn't have to change a thing, other than my perspective.

Societies perceptions aren't really something we should be aspiring to. Doing what is right and doing what is easy are rarely the same thing.

I do still have to put up with being called hipster though :colonhash:
Reply 46
Original post by jay2013

Oooh too thin though?
:tongue: you post a lot I'm sure I remember seeing a lot I disagreed with :tongue:
Reply 47
Smooth mate, real smooth. :tongue:

Aww thanks! It's always nice to hear encouragement!
Reply 48
Original post by marinaim
Oooh too thin though?
:tongue: you post a lot I'm sure I remember seeing a lot I disagreed with :tongue:

No, just the right amount I think!

Nah don't worry about that, I'm sure we can work out our differences over dinner!
Reply 49
Original post by donutaud15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Different people have different metabolisms and thus different natural body shapes.
Just saying, I really don't think that classifies anywhere near being morbidly obese.

it's usually the opinion of the people around me. same thing if I'm seeing a new GP and he/she haven't read my notes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by effofex
Different people have different metabolisms and thus different natural body shapes.

My metabolism was fine until I got ill. Though I suppose having a curvy type of body doesn't help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
'Plus size', perhaps. Fat, no. As to a definition of fat, it varies from person to person but for me tends to be someone who looks unhealthily overweight.

The reason is that I don't find fat people attractive. Although looks are not everything, I do need to find someone attractive before I'd date them.
inb4 fat girls call themselves curvy. :biggrin:

Just buy a pair of running shoes and stop eating like a pig.
Original post by Anonymous
I want honesty of all your opinions - it seems to be a social issue that plus size/ fat girls are a problem or something.
Im not a plus size myself but I would really like to know why it is that guys tend to avoid girls that are on the bigger side.

If someone is genuinely overweight at roughly my age I would question why they have such a lack of self-discipline. And no I probably wouldn't date them. The vast majority of young people have no excuse for being overweight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
plus size means a girl who is "fat" in the eyes of society

lol.

So what is 'fat' not in the eyes of society?

btw I wouldn't date a whale. I'm very much into health and fitness. Would be a major personality clash.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 56
Lol what is up with all these insecure and round about terms for 'fat'?
Reply 57
An example of a chubby girl I find extremely hot would be Bernadette from big bang theory. Other than that I can barely look at anyone above size 10 unless she's over 5'10.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is Kim Kardashian a plus size girl?
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Is Kim Kardashian a plus size girl?

she would get it thats for sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending