The Student Room Group

What makes me so 'attractive'?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Top Queen
I know that he loves me, I just struggle to understand why he does.

Argh you sound like my ex lol.

No one knows exactly why they love someone, and asking why just screams insecurity to me, its a bit of a red flag. You need to look inwards.

Do you not think you deserve love? If yes, carry on as you were.

If you don't believe you deserve love, work on sorting that out rather than questioning why your boyfriend is so lovely. Some people are just angels that love indiscriminately. :h:
Reply 21
Original post by marinaim
Matter of opinion not fact though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You clearly don't understand the post, I didn't ask for advice on how to be a better girlfriend, my boyfriend has said I'm perfect for him and everything he wants, so I think I'm the best I can be, thanks for your concern though.

You seem insecure that you're not a very good girlfriend and feel undeserving of your partner, if you want to feel better about this, do things that make you feel like you are a better girlfriend and more deserving of your partner.
I'm struggling to understand it myself.

Some kinky dom-sub stuff's going on, methinks. :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by MJ1012
You seem insecure that you're not a very good girlfriend and feel undeserving of your partner, if you want to feel better about this, do things that make you feel like you are a better girlfriend and more deserving of your partner.

No, I'm not insecure about it I am fine. I wanted to see opinions.
Reply 24
No, I'm not insecure about it I am fine. I wanted to see opinions.

My friend made a joke that got me thinking, she said she doesn't understand why anyone wants to be with me. They get basically nothing they want from the relationship.

Then maybe you should be, can list off things you do for him in the relationship? If your friends are noticing it's one-way and you think it's one-way, is that not a problem
Reply 25
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Some people like being able to support someone so maybe he doesn't mind if you don't really "give back"?

Mmm, good point, he always loves helping people, we both volunteer every week together but he always does more.. Maybe that's just his personality.
I'd assume your probly from a fairly well off back ground and your probly what most would call fairly attractive. TBH the guy obviously wants to be with you but i highly doubt he is all that happy.. He probably sees it as he's found the girl he wants to be with but he ain't gonna be like this forever. Most people don't brake up because they have stopped loving the person, its just the dynamic of the relationship becomes unbarable. Not having sex with him is like a weapon, you are dangling the carrot as such. The dude has put two ****ing years in. He doesn't want to give in now but if ypu think this poor **** is gonna go another 2years with no sex your having a laugh. Either rethink the idea or get the wedding booked pronto.
Reply 27
Original post by MJ1012
Then maybe you should be, can list off things you do for him in the relationship? If your friends are noticing it's one-way and you think it's one-way, is that not a problem

Not really, I'm just interested in why he does it, I'm happy with it, I don't want a thing to change
Reply 28
Not really, I'm just interested in why he does it, I'm happy with it, I don't want a thing to change

ok, then, he's either lying to you or is the type that really likes looking after someone and doesn't like being looked after himself.
Why don't you just ask him?

How are we supposed to tell you the reasons why your OWN boyfriend loves you? Only he can tell you that.. If you continue with this behaviour.. a time will most likely come when he gets fed up with it.
Original post by consumed by stuff
I'd assume your probly from a fairly well off back ground and your probly what most would call fairly attractive. TBH the guy obviously wants to be with you but i highly doubt he is all that happy.. He probably sees it as he's found the girl he wants to be with but he ain't gonna be like this forever. Most people don't brake up because they have stopped loving the person, its just the dynamic of the relationship becomes unbarable. Not having sex with him is like a weapon, you are dangling the carrot as such. The dude has put two ****ing years in. He doesn't want to give in now but if ypu think this poor **** is gonna go another 2years with no sex your having a laugh. Either rethink the idea or get the wedding booked pronto.

Not everything revolves around sex you know. Just because she doesn't have sex with her boyfriend doesn't mean they don't do anything sexual in the bedroom.

Why can't he go another 2 years with no sex? Sex is not the be all and end all, if he loves her and respects her wishes, he will wait. 2 years, 4 years or 40
Reply 31
Original post by consumed by stuff

LOOOL!!! This made me giggle a lot aha,
I see your point though, I'm too young to get married but he isn't going anywhere. Hehe.
Reply 32
Original post by alis-volatpropriis
Why don't you just ask him?

How are we supposed to tell you the reasons why your OWN boyfriend loves you? Only he can tell you that.. If you continue with this behaviour.. a time will most likely come when he gets fed up with it.

I have, and he says because he loves me, that's it, that's all he says, he does all that because he loves me. Maybe it's enough but I don't understand.
lul. I think OP is a male anti-feminist troll. Trying to get away with Poe's Law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
Reply 34
Original post by ChickenMadness
lul. I think OP is a male anti-feminist troll. Trying to get away with Poe's Law.

No.
I have, and he says because he loves me, that's it, that's all he says, he does all that because he loves me. Maybe it's enough but I don't understand.

Thats strange. My boyfriend usually tells me the reasons why he loves me. Is that what you want to know? I can see how him saying that is insufficient, maybe he just really loves you and cannot explain it?
Not everything revolves around sex you know. Just because she doesn't have sex with her boyfriend doesn't mean they don't do anything sexual in the bedroom.

Why can't he go another 2 years with no sex? Sex is not the be all and end all, if he loves her and respects her wishes, he will wait. 2 years, 4 years or 40

Ideals are great, all warm and fuzzy i know but his guy wants to have sex. What is unreasonable about having sex with this guy? I really don't think i'm being assumptious to say this guy woud feel the relationship would be improved even if all the other demanding behaviour continued.
Does he lift?
Reply 38
Thats strange. My boyfriend usually tells me the reasons why he loves me. Is that what you want to know? I can see how him saying that is insufficient, maybe he just really loves you and cannot explain it?

I don't want to know the reasons why he loves me,
I hear them everyday, I want to know why him and these other boys do it! because I don't understand, I guess some things are best left untouched.
Reply 39
Original post by ChickenMadness

I would have to agree with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending