The Student Room Group

Girls or boys? Who pays?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Top Queen
I really don't think that gender roles are that bad. Honestly.

Please refrain from speaking, and disagreeing with any of the men in this thread.

As a female, your role is to submit. :rolleyes:
My job is to enjoy life LOL, at least that what my boyfriend tells me

In the kitchen making sandwiches, yes. Not posting on TSR or having an opinion.
Money isn't an issue for me, we both come from very wealthy families, his wealthier than mine but I don't see cost as important.

Oh so the both of you also live off your parents, and you see nothing wrong with that either. Congrats on having such a twisted moral compass.
Original post by Scott.
Money's obviously the issue. You brought it up. You do a lot of talking but you don't seem to back up your views, plus you seem very vague about things.

Well. You're vagina isn't stopping you from paying for things, neither is there a law saying that you must not use your money as your bits are preventing this.

You don't catch me as wealthy. Just rather silly. Wealthy people don't care about money that much, nor do they care about who fronts bills etc.

Oh, one question. Why would you have an issue with him paying for something like a hotel room, or "anything" like that?

Middle class perhaps. Enough money to live comfortably, but not enough to just flash them.
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Women expect equality yet also expect men to pay everything for them. That's double standards and it annoys me. I'm sorry but you've got to take the disadvantages of equality as well as equality - you cant pick and choose - hence why it's called equality. Unless a birthday or anniversary treat, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS split.

Regardless of partner's gender, he/she should always pay his/her own way and I pay mine.

I think it's fine if either party wants to. But shouldn't be seen as an obligation.
I am 18.

Not quite your mental age.
I don't think it should dictate at all, but I do think it should be influenced.

Then don't have an opinion. As a female, you are not entitled to having one.
Original post by clh_hilary
Then don't have an opinion. As a female, you are not entitled to having one.

Damn.. You're on a roll this morning, are you being intentionally sexist to come across as sarcastic?.. Or is this just your beliefs?
Original post by alis-volatpropriis
Damn.. You're on a roll this morning, are you being intentionally sexist to come across as sarcastic?.. Or is this just your beliefs?

Can you read all my comments before asking stupid questions?
Can you read all my comments before asking stupid questions?

Why would I waste my time going through the entire thread for just your comments? Kmt bye.
Why would I waste my time going through the entire thread for just your comments? Kmt bye.

If you're not sincere in knowing the truth, you don't deserve it.
If you're not sincere in knowing the truth, you don't deserve it.

Go away, you're continually quoting a person that is offline. You're just searching for an argument.
Go away, you're continually quoting a person that is offline. You're just searching for an argument.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise that being offline right a wrong.
I don't think anybody should just presume the other is going to pay, or that they deserved to have their stuff paid for.

I usually offer to pay, though the girl often doesn't let me (my ex would never let me even though I was in part time work and she had no source of income, just on principle)
Maybe if she was worth it I would pay most of the time. But you op are definitely not worth it lol
We still have gender stereotypes in this day and age :\
Think it's really bad if the man had to pay for everything. It's wrong. I imagine if I were a woman I'd be pretty uncomfortable with it. Doesn't exactly promote equality or fairness at all. I would hope that most women would go so far to object to it and make sure they paid their fair share. There are certain situations perhaps, if the woman was absolutely destitute and it'd be difficult for her to pay (while the man was loaded). Or if the reverse were true, it'd be ok paying for the man.

To pay for her sometimes as a kind gesture is OK. But it shouldn't be the norm, and she certainly shouldn't expect it. And it'd probably be nice if the girl also offered to pay for you sometimes too.
I've only been on a few dates with guys before but it's always been 50/50 :smile:
God alive, people make such a big deal out of this. Here are my thoughts

1) Both should offer.
2) Don't split it. It doesn't matter who picks it up, but someone should. Counting out the pennies is not a good start to a potential relationship.
3) Whoever didn't pay for dinner should pay for something else, like cinema, taxi or drinks.

Its really not a big deal. Its just good manners.
It's threads like this that make me truly understand what equality means in 2014.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending