The Student Room Group

Applying to University without Application Fee?

Hi all.

I'm an international student trying to apply to universities in UK for Biomedicine (Biomedical Science), Medicine, Biomedical Engineering and related courses.

1. Must I apply through UCAS?

2. Are there any universities that would allow prospective students to apply without charging an application fee? I understand that £23 for multi-course application doesn't seem much, but in my country after currency exchange £23 could afford you ten decent meals. Heck, I only earn about £6 per day (12 hours) in my part-time job. Perhaps a "£23 is too expensive" statement seems ridiculous, but it's currently a fact I am facing.

Thank you.
Original post by Saito Takahashi
Hi all.

I'm an international student trying to apply to universities in UK for Biomedicine (Biomedical Science), Medicine, Biomedical Engineering and related courses.

1. Must I apply through UCAS?

2. Are there any universities that would allow prospective students to apply without charging an application fee? I understand that £23 for multi-course application doesn't seem much, but in my country after currency exchange £23 could afford you ten decent meals. Heck, I only earn about £6 per day (12 hours) in my part-time job. Perhaps a "£23 is too expensive" statement seems ridiculous, but it's currently a fact I am facing.

Thank you.

1. Yes

2. No

Unfortunately, if £23 is going to be too much for you, then I doubt that you could afford the tuition fees and living expenses in the UK anyway :sadnod:
Reply 2
Ucas needs to upkeep their staff and server somehow.

Just try get a loan off someone ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending