The Student Room Group

Could I be pregnant?

Hi,
So I stopped taking microgynon to go onto my weekly break yet no period came. It's been 3 weeks since I took it and still no sign of it coming :/ I took a pregnancy test a week ago but it came back negative. Since then, my nipples have been sore and i've had a yeast infection. These both are signs of pregnancy but I haven't had a positive test. What else could be wrong if it isn't pregnancy???? - First year university student D:
Reply 1
Feel free to take another test, but yeast infections are incredibly common and are not really a sign of pregnancy.

Presumably you restarted the microgynon after a week?
Reply 2
Original post by unprinted
Feel free to take another test, but yeast infections are incredibly common and are not really a sign of pregnancy.

Presumably you restarted the microgynon after a week?

No :frown: I read somewhere that you should wait until you come on your period so i'm now 3 weeks late D:
Reply 3
Oops.

Both the person who prescribed it and reading the instructions with every pack should have made it clear that you need to restart taking it after a week, bleeding or no bleeding.

It's test time, and going back to the source to check what to do - if you're not pregnant (when did you have sex?) then there'll be at least a week in which you need to use another form of contraception.

Quick Reply

Latest