The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography Struggling....

Any tips for revising aqa geography im doing population change,rural environments,tourism and for the phsyical im doing restless earth,rocks and costal zone.Im struggling to remeber case studies i know stuff in general but not long explaination e.g. Processes.

Im doing HT but i feel like one day i can rember tge next i can only explain vaguely also the same problem in triple/further science.Im doing HT aswell.

Any revision tips or suggestions???
Original post by scrawlx101
Any tips for revising aqa geography im doing population change,rural environments,tourism and for the phsyical im doing restless earth,rocks and costal zone.Im struggling to remeber case studies i know stuff in general but not long explaination e.g. Processes.

Im doing HT but i feel like one day i can rember tge next i can only explain vaguely also the same problem in triple/further science.Im doing HT aswell.

Hey, I'm just going to pop this in the Geography forum for you. :smile:

Have you checked out the free create your own revision resources? They're really useful for helping you to remember things. Check them out: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/make
Reply 2
anyone?

thanks puddles
Reply 3
Make pocket sized individual flash cards for your case studies also have a list of the case studies you are doing. Mind maps are also a great way of revising or you could make a power point i find the website prezi great for making power points xxxx:redface:
Reply 4

Make really brightly coloured posters with the rock cycle and things like that. Make flashcards with key concepts and words on and test yourself and with friends. I also found that youtube has loads of geography videos and songs on certain topics that stick in your head.
Reply 5

i think the best way to revise case studies is to do the following (it worked of me)

make a fact sheet for each topic which contains each case study. for each case study do a few bullet points in things like background info, short term effects/responses, long term effects/responses, successes/failures (these categories will depend on the case study though)

from those fact sheets make mind maps of each case study

do practice questions

remember though, you don't need to know loads of facts/stats cause you won't use them all in a exam. instead remember a few well. also don't worry if you can't remember an exact figure you can round them up or even make them up as long as the figure is still realisitc. e.g. if 345 people died in an earthquake you could round that down to 300 as in reality no one will have an exact figure on how many people died anyway.

don't overload yourself with info, keep it simple. when learning processes, perhaps do them in a few steps so you don;t have too much info to learn-you will understand it more then

hope this helps :smile:
Reply 6
Making powerpoint presentations really help. Key points about each case study on separate slides.
Original post by tgwktm
i think the best way to revise case studies is to do the following (it worked of me)

make a fact sheet for each topic which contains each case study. for each case study do a few bullet points in things like background info, short term effects/responses, long term effects/responses, successes/failures (these categories will depend on the case study though)

from those fact sheets make mind maps of each case study

do practice questions

remember though, you don't need to know loads of facts/stats cause you won't use them all in a exam. instead remember a few well. also don't worry if you can't remember an exact figure you can round them up or even make them up as long as the figure is still realisitc. e.g. if 345 people died in an earthquake you could round that down to 300 as in reality no one will have an exact figure on how many people died anyway.

don't overload yourself with info, keep it simple. when learning processes, perhaps do them in a few steps so you don;t have too much info to learn-you will understand it more then

hope this helps :smile:

Certainly helps me. Thanks for that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending