The Student Room Group

DSA Advice

Hi last week I had my needs assessment for my Specific Learning Difficulty Dyslexia and Dyspraxia symptoms like a mix of the pair). This morning I have received my report. There are three quotes and quote 1 has a Toshiba laptop (£340) which is way better than the other two quotes. However both other quotes are cheaper overall (around £100) but the other quotes laptops are £310. Is there any way I could ask for the Toshiba Laptop but with the lower quotes? The lower quotes are cheaper because of software and I dont know the ins and outs of that so I am not too fussed about it
Original post by The_Oracle95
Hi last week I had my needs assessment for my Specific Learning Difficulty Dyslexia and Dyspraxia symptoms like a mix of the pair). This morning I have received my report. There are three quotes and quote 1 has a Toshiba laptop (£340) which is way better than the other two quotes. However both other quotes are cheaper overall (around £100) but the other quotes laptops are £310. Is there any way I could ask for the Toshiba Laptop but with the lower quotes? The lower quotes are cheaper because of software and I dont know the ins and outs of that so I am not too fussed about it

Student Finance decide which quote to go with, as they're paying for it.
Reply 2
Original post by Knalchemist
Student Finance decide which quote to go with, as they're paying for it.

Yes I understand that. I suspect they will as they should go with the cheapest. But am I allowed to say can I have the laptop that is recommended for £340 provided I pay the extra £30?
Original post by The_Oracle95
Yes I understand that. I suspect they will as they should go with the cheapest. But am I allowed to say can I have the laptop that is recommended for £340 provided I pay the extra £30?

Oh, sorry I misunderstood your question!

Yes, whichever supplier SFE decide to go with, you can then ask for upgrades, with you paying the difference :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Knalchemist
Oh, sorry I misunderstood your question!

Yes, whichever supplier SFE decide to go with, you can then ask for upgrades, with you paying the difference :smile:

Thanks for your help

Quick Reply

Latest