The Student Room Group

I'm starting to dislike my best friend...

Anonymous for numerous reasons.

I've been friends with her since October 2012 and we instantly clicked and have been best friends ever since. Fast forward a year to November 2013 when I got a boyfriend who was also one of her friends, she would do anything possible to stop us holding hands and standing next to each other. We broke up in January this year and she didn't seem to care that I was upset about it she's told everyone how I cried down the phone to her (not ashamed to admit it) She won't let me talk to him even though we remained friends without her being there, every time I do she's like ''what are you talking about?'' same with any other friends I have. If I have some exciting news she always tries to overshadow it with something she's done or going to do. I got an A on a piece of work and so did she but as soon as the teachers brought it up she would immediately start talking about how good hers was. She's constantly putting me down and I'm starting to dislike her. This may sound stupid but I'm going to mention it anyway, yesterday I firmed my place at a university (one she didn't get into) and wrote a status about it and then 5 minutes later she basically copied it and then got more likes! My other friends are also starting to notice how she is acting, all apart from one who I wish would see this!

What can I do? I feel like I can't talk to her about it :frown:
She's jealous. Can't help bitter jealous people. They have a bad outlook on life.

Bringing others down instead of improving themselves
Could you ask your other friends to talk to her? She doesn't seem like a very good friend btw
Reply 3
Original post by ChickenMadness
She's jealous. Can't help bitter jealous people. They have a bad outlook on life.

Bringing others down instead of improving themselves

Thank you, others have said she is also jealous but I don't see why she would be jealous of me.

Original post by AMYC1999
Could you ask your other friends to talk to her? She doesn't seem like a very good friend btw

No she's not the type of person you can approach about things like this, ''I'm a bitch and I know it'' is like her catchphrase :frown:
I wouldn't worry about it. People change and get jealous and envious. It would be different if you were in the wrong, but you went through a hard time and she was the mean one in the situation. Focus on the positives and dump that sorry ass of a friend.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you, others have said she is also jealous but I don't see why she would be jealous of me.

No she's not the type of person you can approach about things like this, ''I'm a bitch and I know it'' is like her catchphrase :frown:

lmao. So you don't have to mention it to her because she already knows what she's doing. Just get a new friend. She's an attention seeker and doesn't like it when you take away her attention :biggrin:

Those are the types of girls that lead shallow lives and end up in unhappy marriages or alone.
(edited 10 years ago)
She's jealous and unless she changes soon, I don't think she values that much. Also if she is bitchy, then you might need to ask really open, indirect questions to get down to the bottom of her jealousy to sort it out

Well, just know that none of this is your fault. She's probably jealous :yep: Maybe she liked your ex too and didn't like you two being together. She should've been happy for you when you did well on that piece of work. I don't blame you for not liking your best friend anymore. If she makes you feel down like this then I'd say end the friendship BUT don't leave your best friend without TRYING to talk to her. There may be reasons why she's acting like this so suddenly ..
Reply 8
Well, just know that none of this is your fault. She's probably jealous :yep: Maybe she liked your ex too and didn't like you two being together. She should've been happy for you when you did well on that piece of work. I don't blame you for not liking your best friend anymore. If she makes you feel down like this then I'd say end the friendship BUT don't leave your best friend without TRYING to talk to her. There may be reasons why she's acting like this so suddenly ..

I thought the exact same thing myself and maybe she still does (but she can stop it because I want him back) Yeah she should have been and she probably is saying she copied my opening and ending! This isn't a new thing, she was like it when I first met her, we'd both insult each other but then I stopped because it was messing up my self esteem and she carried on.

Original post by ChickenMadness
lmao. So you don't have to mention it to her because she already knows what she's doing. Just get a new friend. She's an attention seeker and doesn't like it when you take away her attention :biggrin:

Those are the types of girls that lead shallow lives and end up in unhappy marriages or alone.

I have a group of friends and sadly she's in the group, it's so much nicer and relaxed when she's not around, I find myself telling her to go home if she doesn't feel well etc just so the atmosphere is nicer.
She knows she's going to end up alone too, she says it herself.
I thought the exact same thing myself and maybe she still does (but she can stop it because I want him back) Yeah she should have been and she probably is saying she copied my opening and ending! This isn't a new thing, she was like it when I first met her, we'd both insult each other but then I stopped because it was messing up my self esteem and she carried on.

I'd end you friendship then :yep: Not someone I'd like to call a friend :redface:
Reply 10
I'd end you friendship then :yep: Not someone I'd like to call a friend :redface:

I should but she doesn't have many friends :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending