Ask a Roehampton student anything :) Watch

Really_now
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm a student at Roehampton soon to be graduating. If you have any questions or worries about studying here post here and I will try and answer them promptly.
PhilSGoodman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Never heard of it.

How does it feel to be studying at a Uni I've never even heard of?
Really_now
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhilSGoodman)
Never heard of it.

How does it feel to be studying at a Uni I've never even heard of?
It was ok, had a small village feel. You'd walk around and always see someone you know. Both a negative and a positive thing I guess.
Kimmy2014
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which course did you do?
Really_now
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kimmy2014)
Which course did you do?
I did Linguistics
Kimmy2014
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Really_now)
I did Linguistics
Oooh ok I'm thinking of doing theatre studies so I'm just looking at possible universities at the moment:P could you just tell me about the overall Uni?:P
Really_now
Rep:
?
Oooh ok I'm thinking of doing theatre studies so I'm just looking at possible universities at the moment:P could you just tell me about the overall Uni?:P
What in particular do you want to know? It's a small uni about 7,000 students I think. It's in London but on a beautiful campus with some great buildings. I've been here three years and am still in awe of the campus The nightlife is ok. One negative is there isn't a straight bus from Roehampton to central London.
Kimmy2014
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hmmm Job prospects? And do you know anyone who does theatre studies whose commented on the course?
Really_now
Rep:
?
Hmmm Job prospects? And do you know anyone who does theatre studies whose commented on the course?
This is going to sound blunt but this isn't Cambridge University. If you mess about for three years then no your prospects are not going to be good but if you take part in the great opportunities available you will dramatically improve your chances.

The University offered all these things:

Frontrunner Leadership Programme - This was absolutely brilliant and fun
Graduate Mentoring Scheme - Pairs you with a professional who mentors you
Life Routes - Sponsored by JP Morgon, volunteer in the community, get training on communication, leadership, working with young people

I got involved in a few of these things and now have a paid internship as long as I get a 2:1.

I knew two who did Drama Studies they both enjoyed it. One has gone into teaching and the other into further research.
nagapies
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm a student at Roehampton soon to be graduating. If you have any questions or worries about studying here post here and I will try and answer them promptly.
Hey I have an offer to start in September to study psychology, but I'm worried that I might not meet the conditions of my offer because of health problems I've had this year :/ do you know if they're likely to be lenient about that or not? Thanks
Really_now
Rep:
?
(Original post by nagapies)
Hey I have an offer to start in September to study psychology, but I'm worried that I might not meet the conditions of my offer because of health problems I've had this year :/ do you know if they're likely to be lenient about that or not? Thanks
Congratulations, I know a few third year psychology students, the work can be pretty hard but they found it thoroughly interesting To be honest I have no idea. They mention on the website that they can give a bit of leway regarding UCAS credits so if I were you I would get in touch with admissions and tell them your worries as soon as possible.
nagapies
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Congratulations, I know a few third year psychology students, the work can be pretty hard but they found it thoroughly interesting To be honest I have no idea. They mention on the website that they can give a bit of leway regarding UCAS credits so if I were you I would get in touch with admissions and tell them your worries as soon as possible.
Thank you, I'll do that
Really_now
Rep:
?
(Original post by nagapies)
Thank you, I'll do that
No problem, let me know if you have any more questions
cdavnew
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you know anything about the Business-side of the uni? I'm doing Marketing in Sept
br1ng
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I m planning to apply for an MA in Applied Linguistics and TESOL.any ideas ?

larae
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello, I'm going to attend university of roehampton in september,I'm going to study drama, theatre performing arts studies combined with film. I have two main questions if possible :-)
1. I'm kind of worried because I'm going to stay off campus, because Im moving to lONDON with my boyfriend, and first I still didn't find a house and have no idea where to look at, because I would like to share a flat with other students or young people at least. and second I'm worried that I'll make NO FRIENDS :-( I'm a really sociable person and out going and I'm going to enjoy as many clubs as possible. but still I'm truly worried.
2. How is the university, is it worth it? I mean If I study a lot, do I have any chance to actually get a job after?
Thank you very much :-))))
Saila
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cdavnew)
Do you know anything about the Business-side of the uni? I'm doing Marketing in Sept
Hello, I'm going to be doing business management and also wonder how the business side is. Hardly seen any threads regarding business on here..
Florcis
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi! I'm going to be an international student at Roehampton and I was wondering if there was a helpful environment and if in general British students were friendly with internationals and went out together, etc. Thanks!!
bbbrnl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Florcis)
Hi! I'm going to be an international student at Roehampton and I was wondering if there was a helpful environment and if in general British students were friendly with internationals and went out together, etc. Thanks!!
I'm a British student soon to be studying at Roehampton in September and I hope I do make friends and go out with international students! It seems like it'll be a blast!
caaf12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello, I just saw your post about you having studied linguistics and I was wondering how you found it? I haven't studied English Language or Lit at A Level and I'm quite worried I would find it extremely hard. Do you recommend the course at Roehampton and how did you find it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.69%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.29%
No I am happy with my course choice (358)
56.38%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.65%

Watched Threads