The Student Room Group

Girls, what attributes most attract you to boys?

Scroll to see replies

funny, kind, cute... marry me already. :sexface:
Reply 21
oh yeah, thought I would probably forget one. I think put confident in with the social skills/outgoing one as men seen with this are often seen as confident at least in appearance even if they are no or truly dgaf. Guess you could be confident in the work/subject area you do etc. but perhaps this doesn't get portrayed as easily confident as people whole can verbally sound convincing or like they know what they are doing when they haven't really got a clue or the skills to deliver if you know what I mean.
Reply 22
Original post by A100whoo
funny, kind, cute... marry me already. :sexface:

"Hello, have you met me?" :sexface:
Monsta cawk
I voted humour, but I don't think you can really narrow it down to the one thing you find most attractive. It's amazing if a guy can make you laugh, but I'd also say chemistry, personality, charm, looks, being intelligent and being caring are all things I see as being important, so...
I don't understand why I have this but I've noticed I really really like guys with a proper British accent O.O Someone with really good pronunciation. I have no idea where I've got this from as my mum is filipino who pronounces "cucumber" as "cockumber" and my dad's accent is a bit welsh.

I also find someone who's a bit shy quite endearing. I have an absolute hate for over confident people so when someone is shy I think they're really cute :3
Original post by Polecat
A really hot accent. Or at least someone who is really good at accents, so then they can just talk to me in different accents all the time.

I'm still searching.

I can do a mean English accent. :smile:

also a wildly racist Indian man.

does that turn you on?
Original post by Anonymous
Monsta cawk

You called?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd like someone with abit of ambition/ intelligence that is sort of similar to mine. Seen as i'm doing A levels and hopefully going to uni i'd like someone who at least can keep up with my conversations. But mostly I like someone who has a sense of humour but can be mature at the same time. It's great when you get the feeling where you are comfortable around the person and can tell them anything. It's nice to have a laugh but you'd want to know that they won't laugh at serious things.

I know looks aren't really important but there does have to be a small amount of physical chemistry otherwise they could just be a really great friend. :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Anonymous Coward
I always find comments like "I love a man who can make me laugh" a bit vague.

Very few people you spend a decent amount of time with will fail to make you laugh at least every now and then. It's rarer to find someone who can't make you laugh than it is to find someone who can.
Even thinking about the people I work with - depending on the topic, every single one of us can say something to raise a collective laugh. We're all about as 'funny' as each other.

Unless people actually mean a Michael McIntyre type guy. But those type of always-joking-about-everything guys get quite annoying and tiring, and don't usually get taken too seriously.
But this is the single MOST attractive attribute. Doesn't mean it's the only attribute.
Original post by Namige
But this is the single MOST attractive attribute. Doesn't mean it's the only attribute.

Thanks for that...
... I think?

Not quite sure what relevance your point has, but oh well.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Changing Skies
I love a guy who's funny. Obviously other factors are important, but I think it's really attractive when a guy can make you laugh :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So basically, we're meant to be together?
money. humour. job. ambitious
Reply 33
If you can hold a conversation with the other person and you're not self absorbed and love to be spontaneous and also have life goals then you're on to a winner I think!
Easy.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tomsta
"Hello, have you met me?" :sexface:

Hahaha,

Soooo I was thinking July 1st, the weather is meant to be nice... :wink:
Original post by flyyoufools
I'm an adrenaline junkie and I love to travel so adventurous/thrill seeking guys are appealing but humour and personality come close.
As for the others:
Looks - I'm average so I don't have high expectations with looks. As long as they're not hideous then there's a possibility I'll find them attractive.
Money/Wealth - It isn't permanent and although sure, money is nice, it wouldn't be a part of whether or not I found someone attractive.
Physical Chemistry - idk what you mean.
Charm - All the so called "charming" guys I've met have been dickheads and although I don't want to judge them all on that, it just reminds me of arrogant guys so it's not attractive to me.
Social stuff - I'm not massively extroverted nor introverted really but how sociable a guy was wouldn't bother me too much as long as he wasn't in any extreme.
Lifestyle - Not an issue unless it's completely different to mine.
Status/Fame - I definitely couldn't deal with a famous person.
Job/Career - Not necessarily permanent so wouldn't be a factor.
Muscular - Again, I'm average so I don't have any crazy expectations. As long as their weight/body isn't causing them any health issues then I don't really care. Obviously, toned guys are nicer to look at but it would only matter on a shallow level so I don't really care.
Dress Sense/Hair/Fashion - Guys who dress well and look presentable are always more attractive but that doesn't mean high-end-fashion. If they're comfortable in what they're wearing, it's clean and it looks good then I'm fine with it.
Ambitious - I don't have any big dreams or ambitions so idgaf.
Smart/Intelligent - I'm sorta smart so I'd want someone I could have a decent conversation with on my level. I wouldn't feel comfortable with someone a lot smarter because I'd feel intimidated but I also wouldn't want it to be the reverse.
Caring Personality - I'm not the most empathetic person on the planet so I don't have high standards. As long as they're a decent human being who cares about important things then that's alright.

Wish more girls think like this! Certainly if the ones I meet think like this, that'd be a bonus.
The lying. So much lying. On a ****ing anonymous poll.

:rolleyes:
Reply 37
Original post by A100whoo
Hahaha,

Soooo I was thinking July 1st, the weather is meant to be nice... :wink:

Sounds great to me, where we gonna do this thing? :wink:
I thought Good Hair was the most important factor :frown:. Cos that's the best thing I have (comparatively).
Reply 39
Original post by Anonymous Coward
Thanks for that...
... I think?

Not quite sure what relevance your point has, but oh well.
You say that the laugh attribute is vague. What I'm saying is that it's supposed to be vague.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending