The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Have Birmingham as your insurance, the conditional offer must be very achievable for you, then the decision will be made for you.
If you fly high with your exams you go to UCL, if you fluff them a little you go to Birmingham.What have you got to lose?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 1301
Original post by githz
We could start a thread I think....should I try and start one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that would be cool. Go for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1302
Created the thread! Birmingham Chemical Engineers 2014 Entry :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a University of birmingham Freshers 2014 Facebook page yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1305
Original post by Daisymydarling
Is there a University of birmingham Freshers 2014 Facebook page yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh just search it up and you'll find it I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1306
Original post by SamTheMan95
Yep they're both fantastic but im just aware of peoples views of prestige at UCL and UCL's strong links with financial instutions in the city of london.

I had offers from unis higher up the league tables than Birmingham, but I knew on the open day that it kind of felt right for me at Birmingham? Do you not personally prefer one over the over? Obviously UCL is also a fantastic uni, but they're both very different; do you want campus or city?
If you can think that you can get your exam nerves under control and you prefer UCL, firm UCL. If you like Birmingham enough, firm them, and know that even if your nerves get the better of you, you're still going to uni.
I got told that if you're nervous for something such as an exam, you shouldn't try to calm yourself down, but try to get excited for the it (sounds weird, but it works!), because going from nervous to excited is much easier than going from nervous to calm. I'm the annoying person before exams jumping up and down with my notes outside the exam room, pumping myself up for the exam haha :wink:

Good luck!! :smile:
Original post by Cobbler
Have Birmingham as your insurance, the conditional offer must be very achievable for you, then the decision will be made for you.
If you fly high with your exams you go to UCL, if you fluff them a little you go to Birmingham.What have you got to lose?

Birmingham offer is unconditional if I make it my firm, conditional if not.
Reply 1308

What's your offer for Birmingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1309
by any chance is anyone doing policy of sociology? haven't found anyone on my course yet!
Original post by corax
What's your offer for Birmingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAA OR unconditional if firmed
Reply 1311
AAA OR unconditional if firmed

Ah right so not too different from your UCL offer then in terms of grades needed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1312

Mine too. It was only AAB if I made it my insurance though and if I'd gotten an offer from Oxford I would have def made it my insurance, I preferred it over Nottingham, Leeds and Liverpool. As it is I was rejected from O and firmed it in January.
My point is that if you make UCL your firm and get the grades, you go there but if you miss it and get the grades needed for Birmingham, your insurance, you go there. That way you have the decision made for you.
Original post by Cobbler
Mine too. It was only AAB if I made it my insurance though and if I'd gotten an offer from Oxford I would have def made it my insurance, I preferred it over Nottingham, Leeds and Liverpool. As it is I was rejected from O and firmed it in January.
My point is that if you make UCL your firm and get the grades, you go there but if you miss it and get the grades needed for Birmingham, your insurance, you go there. That way you have the decision made for you.

Am I just overthinking this?....
Reply 1314
Am I just overthinking this?....

Maybe a little. It is a massive decision though.
TBH, I've known hundreds of Uni students and they all love the university they eventually ended up at and sing it's praises loudly. :smile:
I'm still not sure how to make a decision between York, Lancaster and Birmingham for International relations and economics... I received unconditional offers from all of them and hm.. York doesn't offer quite the course I'm looking for, so Birmingham and Lancaster are left..
I'm overseas at the moment and won't be back in Europe 'til July so I can't visit the universities, but I've been to Birmingham before and for some reason I think I want to go there, it is just such a massive decision...

Help, I'm confused! :redface: :biggrin:
Original post by whitelion
I'm still not sure how to make a decision between York, Lancaster and Birmingham for International relations and economics... I received unconditional offers from all of them and hm.. York doesn't offer quite the course I'm looking for, so Birmingham and Lancaster are left..
I'm overseas at the moment and won't be back in Europe 'til July so I can't visit the universities, but I've been to Birmingham before and for some reason I think I want to go there, it is just such a massive decision...

Help, I'm confused! :redface: :biggrin:

Birmingham hands down
Reply 1317
Just firmed Birmingham for Liberal Arts! Just need to get the grades now

Original post by danni182
by any chance is anyone doing policy of sociology? haven't found anyone on my course yet!

I'll be taking Sociology for a few of my modules :smile:
Anyone here studying physics or staying in tennis courts? I firmed mine all the way back in November :P
Reply 1319
received an offer for geog with economics but I can't make my mind up between SOAS or Birmingham :rolleyes:
any help would be nice :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending