especially in these subjects:
Maths
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
Additional Maths (A)
English Language
History

would you say that from today would i be able to work hard enough to get A* in every single subjects
and would you mean by 'hard enough'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
are you doing your GCSE's now? then probably you could get A*'s
are you in year 11? then your chances are a bit lower
are you doing your tests starting in May? then dear god good luck...
assuming you fall into the last question, then you CAN get A*'s. But you will need to work super hard. I didnt revise for 2 years, then started revising properly a week back and have made excellent revision notes for almost all of my subjects.
right now do AT LEAST 4 hours a day if you havent been revising regularly. with a lot of luck you could get all A*'s but unless you can already hit that grade in at least 2 of those subjects it is going to be a daunting task.
Good luck :smile:
if you need help then ask me, i do all of those except additional (but i can answer ALL your maths questions up to uni standard :smile:)
Which exam board? Biology and Chemistry are ridiculously easy to get A*s in for AQA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by kelefi
are you doing your GCSE's now? then probably you could get A*'s
are you in year 11? then your chances are a bit lower
are you doing your tests starting in May? then dear god good luck...
assuming you fall into the last question, then you CAN get A*'s. But you will need to work super hard. I didnt revise for 2 years, then started revising properly a week back and have made excellent revision notes for almost all of my subjects.
right now do AT LEAST 4 hours a day if you havent been revising regularly. with a lot of luck you could get all A*'s but unless you can already hit that grade in at least 2 of those subjects it is going to be a daunting task.
Good luck :smile:
if you need help then ask me, i do all of those except additional (but i can answer ALL your maths questions up to uni standard :smile:)

Ok so without any revision in any suvject above i get a B except maths i get an A. Also my coursework grades are really high furthermore i made my notes last year all i doing is memorsing. For maths i have about 300 past paper which will go through, so to me it seems like i cant get anythign apart from A* in the subjects above at the end of the day i will have covered everything. But then there's a doubt because A* is seen as this impossible task for some people.

Bare in mind without no revision i get B's so with revision im an A* student plus or minus a few from the boundary mark.
i also cover three modules each day so B1 B2 B3 im trying to finish everything before school starts and then relax
(edited 9 years ago)
It should be easy enough for science and maths. However english and history are a bit more subjective so it can depend on the examiner. At GCSE my teacher said I was pretty much guaranteed an A* in history but then I got a B in one of my exams which brought it down to an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
up
Asking this question on TSR is not a good move.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Acrux
Have i been relaxing way too much?
that's the question personally im not too sure is it hard to get A* in gcse

especially in these subjects:
Maths
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
Additional Maths (A)
English Language
History

would you say that from today would i be able to work hard enough to get A* in every single subjects
and would you mean by 'hard enough'

When are your exams? How many exams? And can you tell us all the subjects you're doing?
Yes.
Reply 9
Original post by AMYC1999
When are your exams? How many exams? And can you tell us all the subjects you're doing?

Next month exam, around 20.
Those subjects as well as
Geography
English Literature
French
Statistics
Reply 10
Original post by majmuh24
Asking this question on TSR is not a good move.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? :frown:
Original post by Acrux
Next month exam, around 20.
Those subjects as well as
Geography
English Literature
French
Statistics

It will most likely be quite hard :yep: What grade are you atm in those subjects?
English Literature is pretty easy to do, as long as you've read the book at least once and mention author techniques.

Like someone else said, the sciences on AQA, in particular Physics, are ridiculously easy to get at least A's in. I did no revision whatsoever for Physics and ended up with an A.

I wouldn't recommend waiting much longer, though!
Reply 13
Original post by pierreboobvier
English Literature is pretty easy to do, as long as you've read the book at least once and mention author techniques.

Like someone else said, the sciences on AQA, in particular Physics, are ridiculously easy to get at least A's in. I did no revision whatsoever for Physics and ended up with an A.

I wouldn't recommend waiting much longer, though!

My board is OCR twenty first century.
Reply 14
It will most likely be quite hard :yep: What grade are you atm in those subjects?

Its not in these subjects that i am aiming for an A* it the ones in the op.

And currently im at an A in Maths/Physics
Biology and chemistry and History and English Language at a B
Add maths at a B
Original post by Acrux
Its not in these subjects that i am aiming for an A* it the ones in the op.

And currently im at an A in Maths/Physics
Biology and chemistry and History and English Language at a B
Add maths at a B

Do you think you're capable of getting A*'s, how about your teachers, what did they target you?

I think if you use the time wisely and effectively revise, then you might be able to. Have you got all the resources you need?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Do you think you're capable of getting A*'s, how about your teachers, what did they target you?

I think if you use the time wisely and effectively revise, then you might be able to. Have you got all the resources you need?

Definitely and teachers think i can my targets are A's and A*s
Original post by Acrux
Definitely and teachers think i can my targets are A's and A*s

And you've got everything you need for your revision? If you have then get on with it! :tongue:
Reply 18
And you've got everything you need for your revision? If you have then get on with it! :tongue:

yh that's what im doing/trying its just that doubt of is it possible of getting an A*
Original post by Acrux
yh that's what im doing/trying its just that doubt of is it possible of getting an A*

Well, you said yourself that you're capable and that teachers expect it, so if you hold on to that and let that be your motivation to work hard, you may be able to :smile:

Quick Reply