The Student Room Group

Guys would you date a plus size girl?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HumanCitizen
Some guys would date you, it just depends on preference but you can't expect it to be a fit looking guy who looks after his appearance- probably would be another guy into your lifestyle.

Recently I attended a small lavish wedding, between one British big sized lady and one African gentleman which from first impressions I thought could only be for Visa application but after a while of observing them, was quite convinced that love does transcend all boundaries.

This may be a stupidly long shot but I don't suppose you're in Birmingham lol? (or at least the bride's from there)
Original post by Anonymous
This may be a stupidly long shot but I don't suppose you're in Birmingham lol? (or at least the bride's from there)

Nop. I'm from Cardiff :smile:
Original post by ChickenMadness
she would get it thats for sure

Yup, if Kim K is a plus sized girl I definitely would.

They would need the fire brigade to use the jaws of life to get me out.
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Is Kim Kardashian a plus size girl?

Her arse is larger than the ****ing moon for one thing. Hideously out of proportion to the rest of her, which looks very plastic :K:.
This thread is pretty depressing...I used to be a size 12 on top and a 14 on bottom (yay pear shaped), and I thought that was a pretty average okay size. Eat pretty healthy too. Year later on the injection contraception, size 14 on top, 16 on bottom. So according to some commenters on this my normal size is horrible, and my current size is even worse. If a person was morbidly obese, I can understand being something that could potentially put someone off, but being simply a bit overweight?

Don't get it. I know some of my friends that are naturally extremely skinny and they eat extremely unhealthy/no exercise, but yet being a bit fat, you automatically are lazy and don't look after yourself? I think a lot of women that merge together the borders of normal and overweight care a lot more about their appearance than the naturally slim people that don't have a second thought for what is truly healthy for their body.
Reply 65
I don't think you could link plus size = fat as it depends a lot on her height as well. A girl under 5'5 and size 14 would certainly look uhmmm you get the idea while one who is 6' and size 12 would look thin like a stick.

I probably won't go for a fat girl as she would irritate the hell out of me, different story if she is simply bigger built or heavy for height for other reasons.

Date? First ex was 6'2 when I met her and size 12, she lost 3" of height with pregnancies and became size 24, it didn't affect the relationship but I told her to lose some weight and do something about her diet as she was essentially finishing an entire bag of Doritos and a pint of B&J ice cream on her own every day, she had the cheek to tell me it was my fault she binged on those treats. She lost some weight and it did lower her blood pressure but other issues not related to her weight caused the split.

Now with a lady who is 6'2 and size 14, surprisingly rather heavy for her height and size as she is a very much into swimming and martial arts. Highly unlikely you would dare to call her fat to her face. No issues with her size as she still has all the classic Nordic beauty to her, the only problem I have is I can't seem to dislodge myself if ever she pins me against anything.

Original post by HumanCitizen
Some guys would date you, it just depends on preference but you can't expect it to be a fit looking guy who looks after his appearance- probably would be another guy into your lifestyle.

Recently I attended a small lavish wedding, between one British big sized lady and one African gentleman which from first impressions I thought could only be for Visa application but after a while of observing them, was quite convinced that love does transcend all boundaries.

It is a status symbol in many cultures in Africa and Latin America to have a woman that is fat, essentially means you are wealthy enough to have all the food in the world that you want.
Reply 66
Original post by ChickenMadness
lol.

So what is 'fat' not in the eyes of society?

btw I wouldn't date a whale. I'm very much into health and fitness. Would be a major personality clash.

I don't think thats what the girl meant, "plus size" isn't considered as "fat" to most people who weren't brought up to be ignorant or in a community that stereotypes looks.
You're pulling out words that aren't of the importance in that sentence.
I would be like "MAN THE HARPOONS!"
Reply 68
I would not, I find a high bodyfat % very unattractive. It also tells something about a lazy character in most cases. (most cases, not all cases - some fatties try to lose it but struggle and all respect to them for trying!)
Probably not, don't find fat girls attractive.
Reply 70
Original post by Jebedee
An example of a chubby girl I find extremely hot would be Bernadette from big bang theory. Other than that I can barely look at anyone above size 10 unless she's over 5'10.

That's not even close to 'chubby'.
(edited 10 years ago)
As a fat girl, I've never really understood how my bf can find me attractive. He's really supportive of me trying to lose weight, and he's admitted he sometimes wishes I were slimmer for aesthetic reasons, and to stop people judging him (which I can understand, but I think the fault is with his friends, not with him), but he genuinely gets turned on by my appearance.

I think a lot of guys would date a plus size girl, and a lot would date a fat girl for her personality, but would want her to be slimmer - and there's nothing wrong with that. Saying that somebody doesn't respect themself because they are fat is a bit of an assumption! But seeing that someone doesn't respect themself because they remain fat, and make no effort to change that, is a perfectly acceptable reason for not dating them. If I suddenly stopped trying to lose weight and said I was completely happy with my current weight and fitness level, I wouldn't judge my bf for ditching me, because I should respect myself and him enough to try to lower the health risks I currently face.
Reply 72
No, I wouldn't date a girl I considered fat.
Reply 73
Lot of ****s on this thread.

At least Mika loves us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDSK91mUNLU&feature=kp
Hi my feeling is this if your confidence is high and you love your body and I feel this will attract others & that radiates as a positive and that's an attractive quality to have and if so you ask any guy what they prefer - low confidence bigger girls or high confidence etc will appeal to the latter. But that's just my view & most tend to look at how girls look & that is where in the thick of it is where most fall & see figure over personality. I've always been a "bigger" girl n once was slim but that took effort n made me sick so prefer bigger n happier aside from society thinking I'm fat! Be healthy but comfortable in your own skin n others will attract to that :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
No.
Realised the other day that 'simply be' (catalogue for plus sized women) starts at a 12. So I'm almost classed as plus size, hilarious.

I don't think guys would want to go out with an obese girl, however if a girl looks after herself and exercises but happens to be big built or very curvy then that's not a problem.
Original post by Alfissti
x.

Woah Woah Woah hold up... You lose HEIGHT from being pregnant?!
Reply 78
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Woah Woah Woah hold up... You lose HEIGHT from being pregnant?!

You most certainly can lose an inch or two during pregnancy.
Original post by Anonymous
What if the girl was really pretty or sexy in her size?

If I found her really sexy, of course I'd date her, but I don't every find really fat girls attractive, and I don't think most guys do. I consider the limit the point where the definition of the face goes, if that makes sense. I'm certainly not strict on weight, I prefer curvey over skinny and definitely don't accept the view of fat that I've seen in some women's magazines, as being a couple of pounds over ideal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending