The Student Room Group

The Chase: minus offers

Ok, is anyone else extremely annoyed and angry when you see selfish people take minus offers on The Chase? If I was the one who'd had his money taken away from him, I'd kick off big time. Anyone on here feel the same? How would you react?
Reply 1
Original post by TheGenuineLad
Ok, is anyone else extremely annoyed and angry when you see selfish people take minus offers on The Chase? If I was the one who'd had his money taken away from him, I'd kick off big time. Anyone on here feel the same? How would you react?

I think the people should win the amounts they each contributed in their first runs. after all when someone goes for the high offer they should take all of that home, not give it to the rest of the group!

and minus offers... if they win the final chase the person should give back the money to the rest of the team.
Reply 2
Original post by spotify95
I think the people should win the amounts they each contributed in their first runs. after all when someone goes for the high offer they should take all of that home, not give it to the rest of the group!

and minus offers... if they win the final chase the person should give back the money to the rest of the team.

In an ideal world, your second sentence would be just. However, the sad thing is that that will never happen
Reply 3
In an ideal world, your second sentence would be just. However, the sad thing is that that will never happen

In an ideal world, you take home what you accepted ie:
Player 1 accepts £6000
Player 2 accepts £25,000
Player 3 accepts £3000
Player 4 accepts £400

They take home the amounts they contributed, should they win

However its highly doubtful that will happen
Reply 4
Especially when they are the last player and told all the others to go for the high one!
Reply 5
Yes. The women on it today who took away two thousand and then got a share of 25 thousand pounds annoyed me. Just wondered does anyone find bradley Walsh attractive, or am I weird lol?
Meh, I don't think I'd care if someone did that - I'd know it was a possibility if I had signed up to appear on the show.
Reply 7
Original post by keturah
Yes. The women on it today who took away two thousand and then got a share of 25 thousand pounds annoyed me. Just wondered does anyone find bradley Walsh attractive, or am I weird lol?

Haha, that's exactly the reason I posted here, that woman who took away 2,000 while Patrick, the guy who put in 25,000, left with only 8,300 or whatever his share was. I love Bradley, he's a top guy, especially when he gets into one of his laughing fits :smile:
Those are the rules, don't like them then play a gameshow where you aren't in a team, or where you play with only people you know, there's plently of them around. Same with goldenballs, never understood why people get angry about that, if you don't want to be screwed over in the final then why apply to go on it?

Having said that going for the minus figure is pretty cowardly.
Reply 9
They don't put anything in really, it's all theoretical until you actually win the cash.
Reply 10
has anybody watched in the past a show called Divided? The show where people built up money and then decided how much of the pot they deserved? In my opinion it was worse than Goldenballs, some of the people's actions on it were appalling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divided_(game_show)
has anybody watched in the past a show called Divided? The show where people built up money and then decided how much of the pot they deserved? In my opinion it was worse than Goldenballs, some of the people's actions on it were appalling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divided_(game_show)

I remember both Goldenballs and Divided. Goldenballs is still on Challenge

So bad to see people steal off others...

But also on Divided when people say they won't take less than the biggest, and would rather everyone went home with nothing! :mad:
Reply 12
Haha, that's exactly the reason I posted here, that woman who took away 2,000 while Patrick, the guy who put in 25,000, left with only 8,300 or whatever his share was. I love Bradley, he's a top guy, especially when he gets into one of his laughing fits :smile:

Yeah Patrick was fuming ha. There's definitely something about bradley :wink: lol

There are some very funny moments on Youtube, just have a look on there :biggrin:

Notable ones include: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b28_wgzR34Y and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl1Zfz-Widc
They're horrible people. I think there should always be a minus offer and they should be quite big and in proportion to the rest of the pot. For example, if there's £60,000 in the pot and the last player goes up the offer should be -10/20k

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending