The Student Room Group

C2 Trigonometry - Using Quadrant rule

I'm doing the C2 paper on 22/05/2014 and have been looking at the trigonometry section today. Is it necessary for us to know the quadrant rule? I just find it stupid and can much more easily do it from drawing out the graphs.
Reply 1
No you don't it's up to you which one you want to do. I personally prefer the quadrant rule.
Original post by bbadonde2
I'm doing the C2 paper on 22/05/2014 and have been looking at the trigonometry section today. Is it necessary for us to know the quadrant rule? I just find it stupid and can much more easily do it from drawing out the graphs.

Are you referring to cast? If so i agree with you it's rubbish.
Reply 3
Original post by Ilovemaths96
Are you referring to cast? If so i agree with you it's rubbish.

Yeah they call it case as well. I prefer to do it by the graphs, however, the graphs need to be nice and tidy.
Yeah they call it case as well. I prefer to do it by the graphs, however, the graphs need to be nice and tidy.

Not really. A rough sketch will suffice.

I would use the graph method, I think its faster and nope you don't have to know the quadrant rule.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest