The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Ask a Roehampton student anything :)

I'm a student at Roehampton soon to be graduating. If you have any questions or worries about studying here post here and I will try and answer them promptly.

Scroll to see replies

Never heard of it.

How does it feel to be studying at a Uni I've never even heard of?
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by PhilSGoodman
Never heard of it.

How does it feel to be studying at a Uni I've never even heard of?

It was ok, had a small village feel. You'd walk around and always see someone you know. Both a negative and a positive thing I guess.
Reply 3
Which course did you do?:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Kimmy2014
Which course did you do?:smile:

I did Linguistics :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Really_now
I did Linguistics :smile:

Oooh ok I'm thinking of doing theatre studies so I'm just looking at possible universities at the moment:P could you just tell me about the overall Uni?:P
Reply 6
Oooh ok I'm thinking of doing theatre studies so I'm just looking at possible universities at the moment:P could you just tell me about the overall Uni?:P

What in particular do you want to know? :smile: It's a small uni about 7,000 students I think. It's in London but on a beautiful campus with some great buildings. I've been here three years and am still in awe of the campus :smile: The nightlife is ok. One negative is there isn't a straight bus from Roehampton to central London.
Reply 7
Hmmm Job prospects? And do you know anyone who does theatre studies whose commented on the course?
Reply 8
Hmmm Job prospects? And do you know anyone who does theatre studies whose commented on the course?

This is going to sound blunt but this isn't Cambridge University. If you mess about for three years then no your prospects are not going to be good but if you take part in the great opportunities available you will dramatically improve your chances.

The University offered all these things:

Frontrunner Leadership Programme - This was absolutely brilliant and fun
Graduate Mentoring Scheme - Pairs you with a professional who mentors you
Life Routes - Sponsored by JP Morgon, volunteer in the community, get training on communication, leadership, working with young people

I got involved in a few of these things and now have a paid internship as long as I get a 2:1.

I knew two who did Drama Studies they both enjoyed it. One has gone into teaching and the other into further research.
Reply 9
I'm a student at Roehampton soon to be graduating. If you have any questions or worries about studying here post here and I will try and answer them promptly.

Hey I have an offer to start in September to study psychology, but I'm worried that I might not meet the conditions of my offer because of health problems I've had this year :/ do you know if they're likely to be lenient about that or not? Thanks
Original post by nagapies
Hey I have an offer to start in September to study psychology, but I'm worried that I might not meet the conditions of my offer because of health problems I've had this year :/ do you know if they're likely to be lenient about that or not? Thanks

Congratulations, I know a few third year psychology students, the work can be pretty hard but they found it thoroughly interesting :smile: To be honest I have no idea. They mention on the website that they can give a bit of leway regarding UCAS credits so if I were you I would get in touch with admissions and tell them your worries as soon as possible.
Reply 11
Congratulations, I know a few third year psychology students, the work can be pretty hard but they found it thoroughly interesting :smile: To be honest I have no idea. They mention on the website that they can give a bit of leway regarding UCAS credits so if I were you I would get in touch with admissions and tell them your worries as soon as possible.

Thank you, I'll do that :smile:
Original post by nagapies
Thank you, I'll do that :smile:

No problem, let me know if you have any more questions :smile:
Reply 13
Do you know anything about the Business-side of the uni? I'm doing Marketing in Sept :smile:
Reply 14
[h="1"]I m planning to apply for an MA in Applied Linguistics and TESOL.any ideas ?[/h]
Reply 15
Hello, I'm going to attend university of roehampton in september,I'm going to study drama, theatre performing arts studies combined with film. I have two main questions if possible :-)
1. I'm kind of worried because I'm going to stay off campus, because Im moving to lONDON with my boyfriend, and first I still didn't find a house and have no idea where to look at, because I would like to share a flat with other students or young people at least. and second I'm worried that I'll make NO FRIENDS :-( I'm a really sociable person and out going and I'm going to enjoy as many clubs as possible. but still I'm truly worried.
2. How is the university, is it worth it? I mean If I study a lot, do I have any chance to actually get a job after?
Thank you very much :-))))
Reply 16
Original post by cdavnew
Do you know anything about the Business-side of the uni? I'm doing Marketing in Sept :smile:

Hello, I'm going to be doing business management and also wonder how the business side is. Hardly seen any threads regarding business on here..
Reply 17
Hi! I'm going to be an international student at Roehampton and I was wondering if there was a helpful environment and if in general British students were friendly with internationals and went out together, etc. :smile: Thanks!!
Reply 18
Original post by Florcis
Hi! I'm going to be an international student at Roehampton and I was wondering if there was a helpful environment and if in general British students were friendly with internationals and went out together, etc. :smile: Thanks!!

I'm a British student soon to be studying at Roehampton in September and I hope I do make friends and go out with international students! It seems like it'll be a blast!
Reply 19
Hello, I just saw your post about you having studied linguistics and I was wondering how you found it? I haven't studied English Language or Lit at A Level and I'm quite worried I would find it extremely hard. Do you recommend the course at Roehampton and how did you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending