The Student Room Group

HELP

I need some good excuses for being out of the house all day between 10 a.m to 7 p.m or 9 p.m?
I'm planning a hotel stay for the day on saturday with my boyfriend and some friends, but we want to utilize the whole day.
I need my parents to think I'm doing something else, though.

Note: They don't allow me at his house yet bc I am not on the pill and they think we'll have sex and end up pregnant.

Thanks guys!
Don't you think your parents are right? You aren't on the pill, you'll most likely go ahead and have sex with your boyfriend, protected or not. Condoms are only 99% effective, if you were on the pill your chances of pregnancy would be much smaller than just relying on condoms alone. Go on the pill or any other form of contraceptive, so then you won't have to sneak around.
Reply 2
Say you're going to a spa for the day with your friends?
Reply 3
in-defense-of-comprehensive-sex-education-l-qdoaxm.jpg

Why don't you just try being honest? Your parents might respect you more of it; if they've found out you've lied you're just giving them more reasons not to trust you in the future.
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
in-defense-of-comprehensive-sex-education-l-qdoaxm.jpg

Why don't you just try being honest? Your parents might respect you more of it; if they've found out you've lied you're just giving them more reasons not to trust you in the future.

As your parents get older, and you get older, why would they need to trust you? Most likely you'll be lively in completely different worlds anyway
How old are you? If you're like 16-22 or still in uni say revision session?

Or just say you're at a Spa like a fellow TSR said. Good idea, but make sure you get everything right. Like the days they're open, price, where it is, etc.
Reply 6
Original post by Cool_JordH
As your parents get older, and you get older, why would they need to trust you? Most likely you'll be lively in completely different worlds anyway

I'd like to think anyone I had a relationship with, family or otherwise, would trust me, as I would them. What is the point in any relationship without an element of trust?

Also, if you grow up to be living in "completely different worlds" to your family, I feel sorry for you.
Original post by inukagokik
I need some good excuses for being out of the house all day between 10 a.m to 7 p.m or 9 p.m?
I'm planning a hotel stay for the day on saturday with my boyfriend and some friends, but we want to utilize the whole day.

Note: They don't allow me at his house yet bc I am not on the pill and they think we'll have sex and end up pregnant.

Thanks guys!

So what WILL you be doing then??
Original post by inukagokik
I'm planning a hotel stay for the day on saturday with my boyfriend and some friends but we want to utilize the whole day.

Thanks guys!

You're spending a day in a hotel with your boyfriend and your friends... To do what?! :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd like to think anyone I had a relationship with, family or otherwise, would trust me, as I would them. What is the point in any relationship without an element of trust?

Also, if you grow up to be living in "completely different worlds" to your family, I feel sorry for you.

I did not say "grow up". Presumbly you "grow up" once you learn how to live your own life without people holding your hands for you. Why would you feel sorry for anyone who has their own life outside their family? Personally, I would not want to be inclined with family this, family that 24/7. You should have your own life to live and not feel guilty for living your own life just because you "owe" them something because they are family.

Secondly, trust for what? On what grounds is this "trust". What even is trust? Can you define what trust is to you. Not what the Oxford Dictionary calls it, but what you believe it is to you?
I did not say "grow up". Presumbly you "grow up" once you learn how to live your own life without people holding your hands for you. Why would you feel sorry for anyone who has their own life outside their family? Personally, I would not want to be inclined with family this, family that 24/7. You should have your own life to live and not feel guilty for living your own life just because you "owe" them something because they are family.

Secondly, trust for what? On what grounds is this "trust". What even is trust? Can you define what trust is to you. Not what the Oxford Dictionary calls it, but what you believe it is to you?

I would feel sorry for anyone who becomes distant or isolated from their family as this should be the most important, fundamental part of your life. If you don't feel "inclined" to spend time with your family, that's your prerogative, but most people do not feel obligated to spend time with people who they have known their whole life, they enjoy it, as I do.

Trust to me is being able to take someones word for something, without assuming they would have any reason to lie or deceive me. I trust that anyone I have a decent relationship with would not intentionally lie to me.
I would feel sorry for anyone who becomes distant or isolated from their family as this should be the most important, fundamental part of your life. If you don't feel "inclined" to spend time with your family, that's your prerogative, but most people do not feel obligated to spend time with people who they have known their whole life, they enjoy it, as I do.

Trust to me is being able to take someones word for something, without assuming they would have any reason to lie or deceive me. I trust that anyone I have a decent relationship with would not intentionally lie to me.

I personally don't think it should be the MOST important thing. I thing family is just overrated, but that's just my opinion. I disagree it is that very reason why people do actually spend time with their family because of the "i've known them my whole life" - that in itself is an obligation. It should be out of free will, not because you say so (not you personally). I'm not going to call my cousin up and say "oh let's hang out because you are my cousin and therefore we should see each other". I hang out with my cousin because I haven't seen him in a while or something like that.

So if someone lied to you, you would not trust them, because they have broken that trust with you?
I personally don't think it should be the MOST important thing. I thing family is just overrated, but that's just my opinion. I disagree it is that very reason why people do actually spend time with their family because of the "i've known them my whole life" - that in itself is an obligation. It should be out of free will, not because you say so (not you personally). I'm not going to call my cousin up and say "oh let's hang out because you are my cousin and therefore we should see each other". I hang out with my cousin because I haven't seen him in a while or something like that.

So if someone lied to you, you would not trust them, because they have broken that trust with you?

We'll agree to disagree. My family is the most important thing to me, and I spend time with them because I want to, not because I feel I should.

Of course, isn't that how trust works?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending