The Student Room Group

Spliced and diced - perhaps one day, a little shredded!

Scroll to see replies

Proper weigh in this morning... 84.5kg

Thats 3 kilos since Xmas.. not bad for the all kinds of gainz I've had :smile:

This thread shall now be consigned to the doldrums for 10 days or so... see you on the other side

Finished lambing today, weighed myself when I got back, 82kg, so probs around 81kg... I'm fairly lean in the mirror for me, impression of abs, massive quad definition, dat tricep definition.. remarkable!

Going to try and maintain until uni starts again and hopefully my knee will get rest enough to finally heal, will start going to the gym later this week :smile:
Original post by Angry cucumber
Finished lambing today, weighed myself when I got back, 82kg, so probs around 81kg... I'm fairly lean in the mirror for me, impression of abs, massive quad definition, dat tricep definition.. remarkable!

Going to try and maintain until uni starts again and hopefully my knee will get rest enough to finally heal, will start going to the gym later this week :smile:

3kg loss in 10 days brah, ****! Welcome back. :biggrin:

You know I was considering vet once upon a time.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
3kg loss in 10 days brah, ****! Welcome back. :biggrin:

You know I was considering vet once upon a time.

Yep 10am - 2/2:30 am days are brutal working hours.

Lambing is brutal. I'm tired :tongue:

You lack the madness us vets have then :colone: You have to be mad to be a vet :colone:
Yep 10am - 2/2:30 am days are brutal working hours.

Lambing is brutal. I'm tired :tongue:

You lack the madness us vets have then :colone: You have to be mad to be a vet :colone:

****'s sake, brah. What year are you in!? Is this that EMS stuff I've been hearing about? :tongue:

See, I just decided I'd much rather work with people than animals in the end. Not sure I could hack all the euthanasia if I were to become a domestic animal vet (which is what most vet grads go on to do, right?)
****'s sake, brah. What year are you in!? Is this that EMS stuff I've been hearing about? :tongue:

See, I just decided I'd much rather work with people than animals in the end. Not sure I could hack all the euthanasia if I were to become a domestic animal vet (which is what most vet grads go on to do, right?)

Yeah I did a weeks lambing for EMS. Lambing is incredibly hard work, brutal hours and I've never been so tired as I was when I finished my fortnight of it last year (last year was the worst lambing in this country for 25 years ish...)

Personally I'd rather have the option of ending an animals suffering rather than not. It's a point of perspective :smile: Seeing people suffer with no chance of getting over it is a greater evil imo.

Spoiler

Yeah I did a weeks lambing for EMS. Lambing is incredibly hard work, brutal hours and I've never been so tired as I was when I finished my fortnight of it last year (last year was the worst lambing in this country for 25 years ish...)

Personally I'd rather have the option of ending an animals suffering rather than not. It's a point of perspective :smile: Seeing people suffer with no chance of getting over it is a greater evil imo.

Spoiler

It sounds it! Sounds like something you wouldn't expect to be so tough, as well. What makes a period "the worst lambing"?

Oh, I completely agree with you. I wish some form of euthanasia was an option for humans - that wasn't the reason I'd rather work with people. It was just a compounding reason - for the situations like where something like a dog is being put down because it's been raised poorly and bit someone, or when the owner just won't take care of a sick dog, or a dog that's been abandoned but shelters can't take them in. I know it's an uncommon thing for a domestic vet to have to do, but I'm still not sure I could've hacked it.

We had our dog euthanised when she came down with some rheumatic/connective tissue disease - she had gotten to the point where it was really painful for her to walk around and she'd resorted to limping everywhere. Vet said there wasn't really anything they could do, and she was just going to keep getting worse. Eventually got to the point where the kindest thing to do was euthanasia. I loved that dog, but I'm really glad we had the option there to stop her from suffering.
It sounds it! Sounds like something you wouldn't expect to be so tough, as well. What makes a period "the worst lambing"?

If you remember it was incredibly cold last easter, snow and ice. There was no grass for ewes and lambs to be turned out to so sheep had to be kept inside and fed cake, sheep build up in the sheds was high - labour required went through the roof.... basically it was hell. Not as bad as some people had it... a friend lambed on the Isle of Man and spent 2 weeks digging out living and dead sheep out of snow drifts.
And some farms got Schmallenburg virus bad which led to deformed lambs and abortions.

Oh, I completely agree with you. I wish some form of euthanasia was an option for humans - that wasn't the reason I'd rather work with people. It was just a compounding reason - for the situations like where something like a dog is being put down because it's been raised poorly and bit someone, or when the owner just won't take care of a sick dog, or a dog that's been abandoned but shelters can't take them in. I know it's an uncommon thing for a domestic vet to have to do, but I'm still not sure I could've hacked it.

Those cases are the minority tbh and increasingly charity shelters won't put a healthy dog to sleep. The majority are ending suffering in my experience with vets.

We had our dog euthanised when she came down with some rheumatic/connective tissue disease - she had gotten to the point where it was really painful for her to walk around and she'd resorted to limping everywhere. Vet said there wasn't really anything they could do, and she was just going to keep getting worse. Eventually got to the point where the kindest thing to do was euthanasia. I loved that dog, but I'm really glad we had the option there to stop her from suffering.

Sorry for your loss mate :frown:
If you remember it was incredibly cold last easter, snow and ice. There was no grass for ewes and lambs to be turned out to so sheep had to be kept inside and fed cake, sheep build up in the sheds was high - labour required went through the roof.... basically it was hell. Not as bad as some people had it... a friend lambed on the Isle of Man and spent 2 weeks digging out living and dead sheep out of snow drifts.
And some farms got Schmallenburg virus bad which led to deformed lambs and abortions.

Damn. That sounds terrible!

Those cases are the minority tbh and increasingly charity shelters won't put a healthy dog to sleep. The majority are ending suffering in my experience with vets.

I'm glad to hear. :smile:

Sorry for your loss mate :frown:

Don't worry about it. My girlfriend currently has a happy and healthy doggy who fulfils that hole in my life. :tongue:
Damn. That sounds terrible!

I'm glad to hear. :smile:

Don't worry about it. My girlfriend currently has a happy and healthy doggy who fulfils that hole in my life. :tongue:

And you fufill the hole in her life. Nomsayin.

*ending the morbidness*
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
And you fufill the hole in her life. Nomsayin.

*ending the morbidness*

Ayyy. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
Scoobie plummeting the tone :tongue:

Gym tomorrow if my back is alright

Today I surprised my parents with how much stronger I am.. Carried a Belfast sink in the region of 50metres.. Damn heavy and awkward to carry, pretty much carried it how strongmen carry that kite shaped stone lol
Gardening gains :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
x

I'VE FOUND A HARDCORE GYM :biggrin:

A bit pricey for a month but meh

DB bench
20kg DBs1 x 5
30kg DBs1 x 5
40kg 1 x 2 lol
1 x 6 PB by one rep... Lol
1 x 5
25kg 1 x 10

Facepulls
Level 4 1 x 5
Level 5 1 x 5
Level 7 2 x 8
Did these due to left front delt pain

DB OHP
25kg DBs 1 x 8
1 x 5
1 x 8
Not the most fun I've ever had

Pull ups
2 x 8 PB
1 x 3
1 x 5
Easiest pull ups I've ever done

Rack pulls from knee height
Left chalk in bag and I cba going and getting it
60kg 1 x 5
80kg 1 x 5
1 x 4
1 x 3
Using these as a back stretch more than strength. My grip strength was fried from moving the DBs around and pullups earlier aswell

Dips
3 x 8
Hard work

Curls
12.5kg DBs 2 x 8
1 x 5

Meh session to be expected considering how tired I am

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Wanted to **** **** up today as my dog was pts thus morning but life conspired against me

Pullups
1 x 10 Way too happy with this :smile:
2 x 5

OHP
20kg 1 x 5
40kg 1 x 5
50kg 1 x 3
55kg 1 x f New gym, different plates, ****ing unreal heavy feeling plates
changed to Blaha style pressing from here to see what its like
50kg 1 x 4
1 x 5
1 x 4
1 x 4
Old injury left front delt decided it would say hello

Tried front squatting for the first time.. I don't have the flexibility I dont think...

Squat the return for one day only
20kg 1 x 5
40kg 1 x 5
60kg 1 x 5
80kg 1 x 5
100kg 1 x 5
Stopped there as in the last rep I think I've tweaked my hamstring.. Fml

Tried to do dips, shoulder said no

Lateral raises
10kg DBs 3 x 10
Didnt hurt lol

Curlz
15kg DBs
1 x 6
2 x 5
1 x 7
Front delt wasn't liking it

God awful session, I'm Mr snap city, 3 injuries! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know how you feel about the injuries man :frown:
Just drop the exercises that aggravate, plenty of substitutes :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reps4Jesus
I know how you feel about the injuries man :frown:
Just drop the exercises that aggravate, plenty of substitutes :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mate.. Lower back suspected herniated disc (hence no squats or DL normally), shoulder tendonitis or similar and now my hamstring having just recovered from a swollen knee
Theres not much I can do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mate.. Lower back suspected herniated disc (hence no squats or DL normally), shoulder tendonitis or similar and now my hamstring having just recovered from a swollen knee
Theres not much I can do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know how you feel...kinda!

I'm basically a walking click/crunch/pop haha. My knees, elbows and shoulders all click :frown: no pain, but I'm always conscious of it which annoys me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reps4Jesus
I know how you feel...kinda!

I'm basically a walking click/crunch/pop haha. My knees, elbows and shoulders all click :frown: no pain, but I'm always conscious of it which annoys me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can crack my elbows at will.. Might be some mild ulnar entrapment lol Occasional twinge in them but nothing major
Such bad feels

Other than your elbows.. what injuries do you have/had?
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Squats
20kg 1 x 3 lol was not happening
40kg 1 x 5 After a bit of stretching this wasn't much of a problem
60kg 1 x 5
80kg 5 x 5 A hollow 5x5 PB considering I've moved 150% of that weight before for reps. Thinking more about form now, concentrated on bracing my abs for the first 3 sets, something I didn't do well before and then once I had that, concentrated on pausing some reps and exploding others

T bar row machine - man this thing is awesome, so manly
Narrow grip
20kg 1 x 5
40kg 1 x 8
60kg 1 x 5
50kg 1 x 5
Wide grip
1 x 6
Narrow
1 x 5

Dips
1 x 8
2 x 5

Bench
20kg 1 x 5
40kg 1 x 5
60kg 1 x 5
80kg 1 x 1 Horrific rip out, felt god awful benching it
70kg 5 x 5 Another hollow PB. Got to work on form, I've realised the bar has been coming too far down my chest and hence I lose some control over it. Started landing bar on my nipple line and much improved tightness once I realised what was wrong

Deadlift - lololol I have a referral now for the spinal clinic.. I just couldn't resist :redface:
Also I was concerned by the lack of PBs
60kg 1 x 5
100kg 1 x 2
120kg 1 x 1 DOH No chalk PB Considering when I stopped deadlifting in Jan.. I couldn't hold 110... this is nice :biggrin:
140kg 1 x 1 PB 3 plate DL checking in. Yes I could pull more once upon a time, but all things considered this is awesome. Video incoming, I got a guy to video me, his expression when I asked him to video was awesome.. :colone:
It was easy.. so I got cocky
180kg 1 x f lol
160kg 1 x f lol
150kg 1 x f lol
I should have gone for 150kg straight up rather than be an idiot
100kg 1 x 5

Curls
15kg DBs 1 x 12 PB Ridiculously easy
17.5kg DBs 1 x 5
1 x 4
15kg DBs 1 x 5

Cable rope pulldowns