The Student Room Group

Aqa psychology 12 mark question help.

On the 12 mark questions, how many studies do you need to include?
For example a question which says 'outline and evaluate eye witness testimony in misleading questions'
How many studies do I need to include to get the 12 marks?

Atm I got loftus and palmers study part 1 and 2
And ive got 2 evaluations for them each
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by iWoof
On the 12 mark questions, how many studies do you need to include?
For example a question which says 'outline and evaluate eye witness testimony in misleading questions'
How many studies do I need to include to get the 12 marks?

Atm I got loftus and palmers study part 1 and 2
And ive got 2 evaluations for them each
Posted from TSR Mobile

If the question is research orientated e.g. 'Outline and evaluate research into conformity' then usually examiners look at what is known as 'breadth/deapth.' That is a candidate who has described one relevant study in detail should theoretically get the same marks as a candidate who desrcibed 2 or more studies in less detail.

The amount of studies to choose is up to you really. If you are confident you have enough AO1 and AO2 with one study e.g. Asch, then you can use one. On the other hand, you may want to be cautious and describe two in less detail and evaluate both.

I can't guarantee the likelihood of this getting you full marks, but if you've written the relevant AO1/AO2 in a sufficent amount of detail then you should get a decent mark. Hope that helps!
Reply 3
Original post by lemonysnicketing
If the question is research orientated e.g. 'Outline and evaluate research into conformity' then usually examiners look at what is known as 'breadth/deapth.' That is a candidate who has described one relevant study in detail should theoretically get the same marks as a candidate who desrcibed 2 or more studies in less detail.

The amount of studies to choose is up to you really. If you are confident you have enough AO1 and AO2 with one study e.g. Asch, then you can use one. On the other hand, you may want to be cautious and describe two in less detail and evaluate both.

I can't guarantee the likelihood of this getting you full marks, but if you've written the relevant AO1/AO2 in a sufficent amount of detail then you should get a decent mark. Hope that helps!

Thank you!

Quick Reply