The Student Room Group

Spliced and diced - perhaps one day, a little shredded!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Motorbiker
Love the Deadlifts.

I got 140, what next? 180....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, tell me about it.... idiotic on my part
Hahaha hilarious. 3 plates was easy...better try 4 plates :tongue:.

Can't have been THAT easy if you still failed 150kg...I'm gonna assume you broke 150 off the floor but not the others?
Original post by In One Ear
Hahaha hilarious. 3 plates was easy...better try 4 plates :tongue:.

Can't have been THAT easy if you still failed 150kg...I'm gonna assume you broke 150 off the floor but not the others?

My logic was sound........

And yes, I did but I'd knackered myself by the time I came to do 150kg, I don't think it'd have been much of a problem if I'd gone straight for 150kg rather than use buzzing gym logic.

180 came off the floor by precisely 1mm :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm better than you at something whoop

Let's pretend you never got injured

Also I love your logic. Casual 40kg jump for a new PB.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by illusionz
I'm better than you at something whoop

Let's pretend you never got injured

Also I love your logic. Casual 40kg jump for a new PB.

PRSOM loled I think I repped your 160kg 1 x 5 session

40kg is lightweight :wink:

You can't watch it if you don't want to see my face :smile:
From watching the vid... started too high with the hips, need to get lower. Also need to pull my scapulae back more.
Original post by Angry cucumber

You seem to go up quite slowly, is that intentional or was it just difficult?
Original post by illusionz
You seem to go up quite slowly, is that intentional or was it just difficult?

Didn't explode up like I should.. It was actually easy
I think you should skip warming up and go straight for a 180kg deadlift next time. Channel all of your effort and energy into those 4 plates.

My logic was sound........

And yes, I did but I'd knackered myself by the time I came to do 150kg, I don't think it'd have been much of a problem if I'd gone straight for 150kg rather than use buzzing gym logic.

180 came off the floor by precisely 1mm :tongue:

180 broke the floor just yet you still couldn't get 160?!

Ya weirdo lol. Though seriously I've never failed a deadlift by not breaking it from the floor in my life...only fails ever were 125 twice or something ages ago both failed just under knee so I wouldn't really know how it all relates!
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
I think you should skip warming up and go straight for a 180kg deadlift next time. Channel all of your effort and energy into those 4 plates.

Will do :wink:

I seem to remember you doing 200kg with the casual jump from 140kg -> 200kg. Maybe I was channelling my inner Scoobie...

Original post by In One Ear
180 broke the floor just yet you still couldn't get 160?!

Ya weirdo lol. Though seriously I've never failed a deadlift by not breaking it from the floor in my life...only fails ever were 125 twice or something ages ago both failed just under knee so I wouldn't really know how it all relates!

You have to remember... my lower back gets precisely 0 work lol. My legs have been unworked for over a month... it's hardly surprising that having channeled all the worlds energy into breaking 180kg off the floor by <1mm, I couldn't do anything with any other weight. You would fail a DL off the floor if you went about 30kg over your 1rm :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Will do :wink:

I seem to remember you doing 200kg with the casual jump from 140kg -> 200kg. Maybe I was channelling my inner Scoobie...

Good times :biggrin:

I had pulled 180kg and 190kg before though, so it wasn't so much of a leap into the unknown.

140kg 1 x 1 PB 3 plate DL checking in. Yes I could pull more once upon a time, but all things considered this is awesome. Video incoming, I got a guy to video me, his expression when I asked him to video was awesome.. :colone:
It was easy.. so I got cocky
180kg 1 x f lol
160kg 1 x f lol
150kg 1 x f lol
I should have gone for 150kg straight up rather than be an idiot

I don't even..WHY...I think I've seen worse in my gym, a guy who after getting 140 for maybe 8 reps near max effort decided to try 225kg by screaming as loud as he can while his partner cheered him on.

I was trying desperately not to rage at the stupidity.
Original post by Jtking3000
I don't even..WHY...I think I've seen worse in my gym, a guy who after getting 140 for maybe 8 reps near max effort decided to try 225kg by screaming as loud as he can while his partner cheered him on.

I was trying desperately not to rage at the stupidity.

Lol yeah I know, I was stupid, it semi broke and I said to myself "nope bad idea, put down now."

Looking back on it... moment of madness :redface:

Welcome to my blog btw :smile:

Can't seem to watch it for some reason mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
5 days off as I was a broken man + girlfriend visited :smile:

Bench
20kg 1 x 5
40kg 1 x 5
60kg 1 x 5
70kg 1 x 5
80kg 2 x 5 Was going to do 5x5 at this weight but it was too easy... go heavy or go home
85kg 3 x 5 So so easy.. form change has made me a hell of a lot stronger

OHP - false grip. Really like this, much nicer on the wrists
40kg 1 x 5
45kg 1 x 3
50kg 1 x 4
5 x 3 Volume PB

52.5kg 1 x 3 Will do volume at this weight next

Then inspired by Old Schools blog

Super set Pull ups with cable pulldowns 30sec break between sets

Pull ups 5//6/5/4
Cable rope pulldowns level 9 8/8/6
Dat pump

Was going to deadlift some reps today but knees are still playing up so chose life
Today I walked into my gym and standing in the middle of the gym, was the "henchest" woman I've ever seen in the flesh, in a lime green shimmering bikini, she wasn't ripped but she'd probably snap me in two. She was having photo's taken and was doing all the classic body building poses, which me and the two other guys in the gym kept our eyes firmly on the floor... looking up would have had dire consequences considering how animated the photographer was when I accidentally walked through shot..

This is then coupled with pics of competitive female bbers on the wall (alongside male bber pics) who lift at my gym... who have so much mass it's terrifying.

Not much point to this other than to say that female bodybuilders are scary
Today I walked into my gym and standing in the middle of the gym, was the "henchest" woman I've ever seen in the flesh, in a lime green shimmering bikini, she wasn't ripped but she'd probably snap me in two. She was having photo's taken and was doing all the classic body building poses, which me and the two other guys in the gym kept our eyes firmly on the floor... looking up would have had dire consequences considering how animated the photographer was when I accidentally walked through shot..

This is then coupled with pics of competitive female bbers on the wall (alongside male bber pics) who lift at my gym... who have so much mass it's terrifying.

Not much point to this other than to say that female bodybuilders are scary

I can agree with this so much :zomg:
30 mins fasted cardio on cross trainer... first cardio in a month due to knee... I recommend anyone to try it... just to feel such fatigue.

I'm going to try intermittent fasting at uni next week for a few weeks.. positives seem to be good and worth a try. Not sure I can last to 3pm ishwithout eating though lol
30 mins fasted cardio on cross trainer... first cardio in a month due to knee... I recommend anyone to try it... just to feel such fatigue.

I'm going to try intermittent fasting at uni next week for a few weeks.. positives seem to be good and worth a try. Not sure I can last to 3pm ishwithout eating though lol

Its good for sensible bulking/cutting diet adherence. If I start eating from breakfast and keep eating when I'm hungry i inevitably overeat. If I fast and have all my food in 2 meals in a shortish window it feels like I'm eating a massive amount of food and is immensely enjoyable. I might get hungry sometime in the fast but if I ignore it for a while it tends to go away.

Also just saves a lot of time on cooking/eating and seems to make me a lot more productive during the fasting hours (I tend to get really lazy after I eat). Would recommend for the convenience if not for the (supposed) numerous health benefits.

Quick Reply

Latest