The Student Room Group

gcse maths resit

Scroll to see replies

cool well I'm just concentrating on gcse at the moment
No offence but to become a doctor you need a A in maths and English at least defiantly not two c's or even b's
Reply 22
Original post by German123
My best advice for you is to Go on mathswach online(a online web that teaches you maths from grades a*-c for higher) or purchasing the cd online if you have not got an account to access it before approaching any past papers. This will reasure you what you want.Of course you can use revision guides and watch online tutorials which are similar to mathswatch vle.:smile:

Ooh, thanks. I've been looking for something like this for a while.
Original post by Magistl

R u doing your gcse now?
Reply 24
Original post by Haniya223
The course i want to do at university requires a grade B in gcse maths .I have not done maths since last 2 years and now i have 1 month and 15 days till my maths exam.What should i do? how should i revise ? is it possible to get a B or is it too late
currently I'm revising 8 hours a day for alevels

DO NOT PANIC!! THIS WILL BE THE EASIEST EXAM OF YOUR LIFE I CAN ASSURE YOU, AS LONG AS YOU PREPARE FOR IT.

Easy A* using these these two resources.

1. MATHS WATCH CD - This is an essential it will definitely get you that A* and it covers all knowledge. make sure you get the 'Higher' disc and not the 'Foundation' one.

http://www.mathswatch.co.uk/

2. After you have covered the knowledge.. Go on to the edexcel website and do as many past papers as you can. These are crucial to do, without doing practice you are limiting your self. As many people do well at GCSE therefore the grade boundaries would be relatively high

Goodluck, and trust me later on in life when you are in your career, it will obviously include a bit of maths, you will look back at GCSE and think how easy it was. So don't limit yourself to a B get that EASY A*. :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by fifasweatyplayer
R u doing your gcse now?

Indeed. I'm year 11 - starting my final exams next month, and finishing the month after. Only to take a 3 month break due to early leave ( boring :frown: )
Original post by MATTTT
DO NOT PANIC!! THIS WILL BE THE EASIEST EXAM OF YOUR LIFE I CAN ASSURE YOU, AS LONG AS YOU PREPARE FOR IT.

1. MATHS WATCH CD - This is an essential it will definitely get you that A* and it covers all knowledge. make sure you get the 'Higher' disc and not the 'Foundation' one.

2. After you have covered the knowledge.. Go on to the edexcel website and do as many past papers as you can. These are crucial to do, without doing practice you are limiting your self. As many people do well at GCSE therefore the grade boundaries would be relatively high

Goodluck, and trust me later on in life when you are in your career, it will obviously include a bit of maths, you will look back at GCSE and think how easy it was. So don't limit yourself to a B get that EASY A*. :smile:

No offence but you can not go from a C to a A* and defiantly when she has not studied maths in 2 years! To much pressure:wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Magistl
Indeed. I'm year 11 - starting my final exams next month, and finishing the month after. Only to take a 3 month break due to early leave ( boring :frown: )

I have got that all next year but my school does not do study leave
Reply 28
I have got that all next year but my school does not do study leave

Oh no, it isn't study leave. I calculated the time between my final exam and a realistic date of when my college beginning will occur. The time-frame is 2.5-3 months across. We weren't given study leave either - are you year 10?
Original post by Magistl
Oh no, it isn't study leave. I calculated the time between my final exam and a realistic date of when my college beginning will occur. The time-frame is 2.5-3 months across. We weren't given study leave either - are you year 10?

Yes
Reply 30
Yes

So you have your mock exams soon? Good luck.
Reply 31
No offence but you can not go from a C to a A* and defiantly when she has not studied maths in 2 years!

Bro, i did GCSE maths two years early, and i was not even any genius, i thought i would just give it a shot. I had only one year of gcse maths taught to me by the school.. however this was useless. I started revising at the end of March for the exam in may, using the two resources i mentioned above.

I came out with an A*. This was literally the easiest exam i have done due to the excessive resources available for it.

Plus, you should always dream big man nothing is impossible, most people just take that as a casual saying. But you will eventually reliaze that later in life
Done 4 all ready got three to go and thanks:wink:
Reply 33
Done 4 all ready got three to go and thanks:wink:

Np :wink:

Original post by MATTTT
Bro, i did GCSE maths two years early, and i was not even any genius, i thought i would just give it a shot. I had only one year of gcse maths taught to me by the school.. however this was useless. I started revising at the end of March for the exam in may, using the two resources i mentioned above. I came out with an A*. This was literally the easiest exam i have done due to the excessive resources available for it.

GCSE does have a reputation of being considerably easier to perform than another of the other educational tests, so far as to say you can simply revise it all in three days... perhaps this is true? Good job on the A*, though would you not think it wiser to just focus entirely on the solid B grade than to attempt something, shall we say, more difficult than her original plans?
No offence Magistl but she can not become a doctor with a b in maths and a c in English. I know because I know someone that wanted to become a doctor with better grades and did not make it
Reply 35
Original post by MATTTT

OMG I'm so happy now :tongue: as so many ppl are sayin it is possible :biggrin:
I think you need to re think what you want to be because other wise you need to retake every subject
no joke my friend could not get in because he did not get all A* in science and did not get all A's in his other subjects. However he got 1 A* 9 A's and 3 B's which is better than what you got. so I would rethink if I was you!:smile:
Reply 38
I think you need to re think what you want to be because other wise you need to retake every subject

I'd be cautious in giving that advice. I've spent a large quantity of my free time researching what Universities look for in their students, and it's become obvious that the whole 'GCSE' is some what overlooked if the A-level's are (A-A* standard). Of course, if you go to College with U's all across, that'd be horrific, but a B and C I don't think they'll mind if you get good grades in A-level.
Original post by Magistl

No prob mate its a pleasure.:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest