The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8620
Original post by Umar1
They are paid by the Somali government, I don't know how they are trained. Most are from the Siad Barre era though. The Somali government budget is $221m. It raises $130m through taxes, with the remaining $99m coming from donors. Turkey is the biggest donor, giving $5m in budget support to the government every month.

£221m not too shabby. I have always wandered how on earth is it possible to collect tax in Somalia?
Reply 8621
Original post by Kaliph
£221m not too shabby. I have always wandered how on earth is it possible to collect tax in Somalia?

Income tax doesn't exist, although the finance minister unveiled plans to enforce it soon. Most of the tax would come from the port, airport and big businesses. Tax collectors go round the streets of Mogadishu to shops and markets as well.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Wth even.

What?...
Original post by Biryani007
What?...

Why am I seeing my (precious) name in conversations?
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Why am I seeing my (precious) name in conversations?

Because Umar loves you...duh!
Because Umar loves you...duh!

If only.. :cute:
Heeey Guys 😆
Original post by Thatmuslimahxo
Heeey Guys

Good evening beautiful :colondollar: How have you been?
Heeey Guys 😆

Good evening beautiful :colondollar: How have you been?
Great thanks! Hows your day been?
Heeey Guys 😆

Asalaamu Alaikum m'darling...how are you doing? 😏
I'm great thanks! What you been up to?
Reply 8632
TALEH, Somalia April 16, 2014 (Garowe Online)-Somaliland's separatist administration on Wednesday without prior notice withdrew its troops from Sool region town of Taleh of northern Somalia, Garowe Online reports.

It was unclear the reason behind the surprise pullout but reliable sources tell GO that international pressure mounted on Somaliland over the military maneuver that yesterday flushed local clan militia out of Taleh town.
Witnesses said, Somaliland soldiers have been positioned in their previous military bases in Hudun and Lasanod outskirts where Somaliland government maintains military presence.
UN and US special representatives for Somalia have called on both Puntland and Somaliland to exercise restraint and resolve their standing differences through peaceful dialogue.
"UNSOM is coordinating our response with international partners to urge the utmost restraint. We stand ready to support any mediation efforts with all parties," UN envoy to Somalia Ambassador Nicholas Kay said in a press statement from his office.
On the other hand, US special representative for Somalia James P. McAnulty expressed his concern over the mounting tensions between the two sides, urging them to de-escalate the renewed dispute over the ownership of vicinities in Sool region: "The United States continues to stand with the Somali people and will work closely with political and security leaders to promote security, peace, and stability".
Somaliland's neighbor to the east, Puntland Tuesday warned of the consequences of what it said ‘apparent land grab and provocation' against peace loving communities.
Businesses returned to normalcy in the historic town of Taleh, 97 northwest of Puntland capital of Garowe with residents who fled from the town following Somaliland military incursion preparing for comeback.

http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Somalia_27/Somalia-Somaliland-forces-withdraw-from-historic-town-of-Taleh.shtml

I'm great thanks! What you been up to?

Nothing much, have just been trying to revise today but nothing seems to be entering zee brain and staying there :frown:
that somali keek nation thing was kinda funny xD
Original post by TheLionHearted
that somali keek nation thing was kinda funny xD

Do you happen to know the keekname of that 'basic xalimo' guy? He was crazy! :lol:
What subjects are you revising for?
What subjects are you revising for?

Chemistry, Biology and Maths
Do you happen to know the keekname of that 'basic xalimo' guy? He was crazy! :lol:

Nope, I don't even have keek lol
Original post by TheLionHearted
Nope, I don't even have keek lol

Me neither, but I showed my sister the video and she wanted to know aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending