The Student Room Group

Guys would you date a plus size girl?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jebedee
I still don't believe you, only an extended time of abusing your body will bring you to size 16/18.

Also variations of medicines and health issues. Things like steroids, depo injection, pill, some painkillers, anti depressant, severe sleep apnea (infact my doctor says that sleep apnea plays a major part in my weight gain and no diet would fix it unless the problem is solved) and fibromyalgia. :wink:

My point is unless you know for certain that the person has a bad diet (and by that medical reasons have been ruled out and you saw with your own two eyes what they are eating on a daily basis) I suggest you shut the **** up.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by donutaud15
I have a sensible diet and I'm a size 16-18 :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have friends that have a really terrible diet/don't care about their health that are as thin as pipe, but you know, they don't get the same crappy accusations of stuffing their face and being lazy as people believe they exercise everyday and never have a takeaway :tongue:
Reply 122
Also variations of medicines and health issues. Things like steroids, depo injection, pill, some painkillers, anti depressant, severe sleep apnea (infact my doctor says that sleep apnea plays a major part in my weight gain and no diet would fix it unless the problem is solved) and fibromyalgia. :wink:

My point is unless you know for certain that the person has a bad diet (and by that medical reasons have been ruled out and you saw with your own two eyes what they are eating on a daily basis) I suggest you shut the **** up.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya
But u r married ^.^

I'm size 10/12, I consider myself fat and oversized :frown: My parents say I look obese (height 5'2)
Original post by lNurl
Hiya
But u r married ^.^

I'm size 10/12, I consider myself fat and oversized :frown: My parents say I look obese (height 5'2)

Yeah I am but just really annoyed with idiots here who know nothing about other possible reasons for weight gain.

I had the same comment when I was that size, same height. For some apparently size 12 is plus size.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well said. The depo jag def makes people put on weight, I've had skinny friends who have put weight on with it as well. Steroids as well, that's what happened with my gran

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no. I just don't find them sexually attractive. But I'm skinny. So maybe someone who is oversized himself would have a different attitude.
Original post by Jebedee
Sorry but there is no way someone who is on anything near a sensible diet would be size 18. How big does somebody have to be before you will consider that person fat?

http://www.hughesmodels.co.uk/plus-size/johanna/portfolio
http://www.hughesmodels.co.uk/plus-size/liris/portfolio
http://www.hughesmodels.co.uk/plus-size/poppy/portfolio

No way wuld I consider those women "fat". They're larger, maybe chubby, but not fat, and certainly not "undateable"

To answer your question, it depends entirely on the person. Like me, I'd be fat at before a size 14. Because my frame is really really small. Someone else with a larger frame would look very unhealthy at my size

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know that probably accounts for a tiny percentage of fat people, do you often join in fat related threads and hold that one back just so you can throw it in people's faces?

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
http://www.hughesmodels.co.uk/plus-size/johanna/portfolio
http://www.hughesmodels.co.uk/plus-size/liris/portfolio
http://www.hughesmodels.co.uk/plus-size/poppy/portfolio

No way wuld I consider those women "fat". They're larger, maybe chubby, but not fat, and certainly not "undateable"

To answer your question, it depends entirely on the person. Like me, I'd be fat at before a size 14. Because my frame is really really small. Someone else with a larger frame would look very unhealthy at my size

To each their own, I'd consider them undateable though.
I don`t mind curvy women provided it`s in proportion. Some women just carry the weight better than others.
Original post by Jebedee
You know that probably accounts for a tiny percentage of fat people, do you often join in fat related threads and hold that one back just so you can throw it in people's faces?

You have really weird criteria though. Do you honestly think those women are disgustingly big?
You have really weird criteria though. Do you honestly think those women are disgustingly big?

They're bangable but not ones to tell your mates about or relationship material.
Original post by Jebedee
They're bangable but not ones to tell your mates about or relationship material.

Thats disgusting. If someone's good enough to sleep with, they're good enough to be seen with you. Just making yourself look insecure again (oh no a larger woman, I'd be laughed at and we can't have that!!1!). If your friends take the piss get new friends.
Original post by Jebedee

Pretty sure I've mentioned that I was a size 12 before I got ill somewhere in this thread

Also I tend to join in especially when people claim that 'there is no way someone who is on anything near a sensible diet would be size 18.' since clearly people like myself exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats disgusting. If someone's good enough to sleep with, they're good enough to be seen with you. Just making yourself look insecure again (oh no a larger woman, I'd be laughed at and we can't have that!!1!). If your friends take the piss get new friends.

Haha, you have a lot to learn about guys. It's just a figure of speech not to be taken literally. Half of my friends would probably find them attractive actually, I'm just not into those women myself.

But I know you despise the thought of men having a choice.
Original post by Jebedee
Haha, you have a lot to learn about guys. It's just a figure of speech not to be taken literally. Half of my friends would probably find them attractive actually, I'm just not into those women myself.

But I know you despise the thought of men having a choice.

No I don't, I don't hang around with immature people

I don't hate the thought of men having a choice, but what you said was rude

I don't hate the thought of men having a choice, but what you said was rude

Why do you have to jump all over me constantly in every thread just because I don't find big ladies attractive? Obviously you don't subscribe to the original feminist concept of equality, but to the newer one of feathering one's nest and screw everyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And those things account for a tiny proportion of fat people. Most people are fat cause they're lazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I want honesty of all your opinions - it seems to be a social issue that plus size/ fat girls are a problem or something.
Im not a plus size myself but I would really like to know why it is that guys tend to avoid girls that are on the bigger side.

In the same way that some girls would avoid fat men.
Original post by Jebedee
Why do you have to jump all over me constantly in every thread just because I don't find big ladies attractive? Obviously you don't subscribe to the original feminist concept of equality, but to the newer one of feathering one's nest and screw everyone else.

I don't jump all over you, and it's not because you don't find big women attractive. Calling someone slim "chubby" which you did earlier and then being rude about those women is nasty, and damaging.

And I don't even know what that means

Considering how immature you are I find that highly unlikely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest