The Student Room Group

Guys would you date a plus size girl?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Anonymous Coward
She looks pretty much like she has the perfect amount of body fat on her.
No signs of a double chin at all (a good indicator).

I'd consider this woman chubby:
Attachment not found
hayley_mcqueen_sports_industry_awards_2nd_may_2012_0uN86Pa.sized.jpg

Yet she's regarded as the hottest on Sky Sports News by most. Can't say I agree myself though.

Ah whats her name? the pics don't work.

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
She doesn't, it's really damaging to people you think that is chubby

What's so damaging about it? If people don't like their body they can feel free to change it, if they don't like my opinion they don't have to listen to it.
Original post by Jebedee

Hayley McQueen.
Original post by Jebedee

What's so damaging about it? If people don't like their body they can feel free to change it, if they don't like my opinion they don't have to listen to it.

It gives a bad idea of what "chubby" is and makes perfectly healthy people feel bad about their bodies. Yes, and for strong minded people, that's fine, but some people are impressionable.
Reply 163
Original post by Anonymous Coward
Hayley McQueen.

I'd prefer someone like Holly Willoughby over her if I had to choose that size ^_^

It gives a bad idea of what "chubby" is and makes perfectly healthy people feel bad about their bodies. Yes, and for strong minded people, that's fine, but some people are impressionable.

Pfft but your idea of healthy is size 18. It's because of attitudes like yours that people don't bother to improve themselves. If you want people to like your body you have to put the work in to have a body worth liking.
Original post by Jebedee
I'd prefer someone like Holly Willoughby over her if I had to choose that size ^_^

Pfft but your idea of healthy is size 18. It's because of attitudes like yours that people don't bother to improve themselves. If you want people to like your body you have to put the work in to have a body worth liking.

No it isn't. My idea of healthy is whatever that size is naturally for that person. My argument was that not all size 18 people are unhealthy. And actually that's not true, I advocate personal improvement and making an effort. I just don't think calling slim people chubby is the way to do it
Reply 165
No it isn't. My idea of healthy is whatever that size is naturally for that person. My argument was that not all size 18 people are unhealthy. And actually that's not true, I advocate personal improvement and making an effort. I just don't think calling slim people chubby is the way to do it

Go tell that to the Asians, if they put one a bit of weight everyone tells them so and it isn't rude...so instead of crying into a double fudge sundae in front of Bridget Jones diary, they go out and do something about it.

Apathy is the reason the UK is the 2nd fattest country in the world. So thanks for that.
Original post by Jebedee
Go tell that to the Asians, if they put one a bit of weight everyone tells them so and it isn't rude...so instead of crying into a double fudge sundae in front of Bridget Jones diary, they go out and do something about it.

Apathy is the reason the UK is the 2nd fattest country in the world. So thanks for that.

What? You're using cultural difference to further your argument :s-smilie: The problem here is

1) You think you have a right to tell people whtat to do with their bodies
2) You think a slim person is chubby

And no where have I advocated apathy. Did a fat person hurt you or something? You seem irrationally angry

Also
http://www.xojane.com/issues/fat-for-an-asian-the-pressure-to-be-naturally-perfect
http://anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/dont-call-me-fat-asian-american-body.html
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 167
What? You're using cultural difference to further your argument :s-smilie: The problem here is

1) You think you have a right to tell people whtat to do with their bodies
2) You think a slim person is chubby

And no where have I advocated apathy. Did a fat person hurt you or something? You seem irrationally angry

1: I'm not telling people what to do, do what you want
2: Yes I have an opinion, you're correct

I grew up in a town where almost every girl is obese. It caused an intention dry spell until I was able to claw myself out of there. It's an eye sore and depressing.
Original post by Jebedee
1: I'm not telling people what to do, do what you want
2: Yes I have an opinion, you're correct

I grew up in a town where almost every girl is obese. It caused an intention dry spell until I was able to claw myself out of there. It's an eye sore and depressing.

So you're now hypersensitive to it? :lol:

And you can have an opinion, but "chubby" is somewhat a term for someone larger. That woman is not larger! She is a healthy weight! Can you post, out of interest, what you consider a healthy, attractive, normal sized woman?
Reply 169
So you're now hypersensitive to it? :lol:

And you can have an opinion, but "chubby" is somewhat a term for someone larger. That woman is not larger! She is a healthy weight! Can you post, out of interest, what you consider a healthy, attractive, normal sized woman?

The perfect body imo would be Michelle Keegan but I do admit that is skinnier than what I call average, so in terms of average just off the top of my head, Kaley Cuoco.
Original post by Jebedee
Not exactly lean is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

so?
I think all the 'plus-sized' girls should post a picture of their full body just to show that we're not all ugly lard arses :rolleyes:
Why not?

It's the person that matters, not the size.

However, I'll try and support her to lose the fat.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by XxSophie01xX
I think all the 'plus-sized' girls should post a picture of their full body just to show that we're not all ugly lard arses :rolleyes:

http://curveappeal.tumblr.com/

All really gorgeous girls. Some smaller, some bigger. You can even sort out their waist/hip size (which in my opinion is much more important than a dress size).
Original post by donutaud15
my body type is similar to the first photo and I've been told I should be ashamed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol dey jelly febrah (even males, bewb envy brah), ya'll need some insulation and dem squishy bits are the height of the awesomeness, don't let dem knock it febrah, specially dem thighs :cool:
Reply 175
Original post by Nneverwhere
http://curveappeal.tumblr.com/

All really gorgeous girls. Some smaller, some bigger. You can even sort out their waist/hip size (which in my opinion is much more important than a dress size).

They are not all gorgeous. The ones at the start look as though they might be obese.
Original post by c_al
They are not all gorgeous. The ones at the start look as though they might be obese.

Several people find them attractive. There is no need to put them down because they're not to your taste
I would feed her until she's at least size 10.

:sexface:
Reply 178
Several people find them attractive. There is no need to put them down because they're not to your taste

And no need to put them up because they're your taste and not others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jebedee
And no need to put them up because they're your taste and not others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What? That makes no sense. if you think someone looks nice, you can say. if you don't think someone looks nice, just ignore them and move on

By the way, I looked at the woman you said would be an average, normal sized attractive woman, and she looks smaller than me. As I said, I'm size 6/8 at 5"8. Your expectations are pretty unrealistic and damaging

kaley_cuoco_bikini-0.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending