The Student Room Group

Applying to Film Courses directly and not via UCAS

Hey guys I'm From Lithuania and I'm applying for film and tv production courses, I was wondering if you could help me out, I've applied to: Queen Mary (received a conditional), Norwich University of the Arts (conditional), AUB (Conditional for a foundation course), Westminster (unsuccessful) and Gloucestershire (haven't heard anything back from them).

At this point I'm not sure if i wanna go to any of the above universities and i'd like to apply to others, since I used up all of my 5 Uni options is there any possible way I could apply to other Universities, thanks in advance! :smile:
Strange. I picked out pretty much the same university courses. Have you looked into UCAS extra? Or you could go through clearing. If not I'd revcomend taking a year out to do work experience or build up your portfolio because universities always look well upon that.
Reply 2
Original post by nataliecsutton
Strange. I picked out pretty much the same university courses. Have you looked into UCAS extra? Or you could go through clearing. If not I'd revcomend taking a year out to do work experience or build up your portfolio because universities always look well upon that.

Yeah I thought about that too, but i'm sure if a gap year is the best thing for me... What courses have you applied to? But as I understand it If I want to chose UCAS extra I'd have to decline all of my received offers, is that correct? And what is clearing because I haven't heard about that? Sorry for a bunch of questions haha :colondollar:
I applied to Gloucestershire, UCLan, Leeds Met, Bournemouth Arts and Westminster and was very lucky to get offers from all of them for Film. So firmed Film and TV for Westminster so just working on the grades to get in now. Yes, unfortunately you would have to decline all your offers to do UCAS Extra. Clearing opens on Results Day and you phone up and if any universities have any places and you get the grades you can go there. Although my Sister did it a few years back and it's such a rush and kinda traumatic so maybe wouldn't recommend that. Did your Universities tell you why you got declined?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending