The Student Room Group

2/5 offers for uni: what should I do?

Hello, I need some help, I am completely stressing out about the fact I have only received 2 of my 5 offers for university, anyone got any input on what I should do, should I email the university that has not replied with my three other offers?? Or is that rude. Please someone help....
Original post by cassb
Hello, I need some help, I am completely stressing out about the fact I have only received 2 of my 5 offers for university, anyone got any input on what I should do, should I email the university that has not replied with my three other offers?? Or is that rude. Please someone help....

Hello! I can help you with this one, but before I do, do you mind if I move your post into Applications and UCAS? Don't worry, you'll be fine!

Sloppy Jumpers.:smile:
Original post by cassb

Okay, you'll be fine. Deep breaths, don't stress! So what is causing you stress about the situation? Do you not like the courses/unis that have given you offers?

I only got 2/5 offers, and it made no difference, because I went to a fantastic university that I really enjoyed.

Reply 3
It's worth emailing them but phoning might be your best bet, just to see if you can get them to tell you what's going on :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cassb

They technically have until 17th July to respond, but at this stage I think it might be worth sending a very polite email asking if they know when you might receive a response.
Reply 5
Original post by cassb

There is no need to stress out, as has been posted universities have a while yet to reply. The fact they haven't replied yet doesn't mean they've rejected you, some universities do take ages to send out replies- Edinburgh being one of them.
Phone the Universities. They should have made decisions by now and you need time to think about Firm/Insurance choices before the deadline.

Be polite. Ask when they are 'likely to be able to make a decision' - ie. a date. If they don't reply by the date they've given you, then phone them daily until they do.

Where have you applied? And when did you put in you application?
Reply 7
Original post by returnmigrant
Phone the Universities. They should have made decisions by now and you need time to think about Firm/Insurance choices before the deadline.

Be polite. Ask when they are 'likely to be able to make a decision' - ie. a date. If they don't reply by the date they've given you, then phone them daily until they do.

Where have you applied? And when did you put in you application?

Even if the OP applied by the January deadline the universities deadline to reply back is the 8th May. And then the OP has nearly a month to consider things before they have to reply (5th June).
Reply 8
Original post by Sloppy Jumpers
Okay, you'll be fine. Deep breaths, don't stress! So what is causing you stress about the situation? Do you not like the courses/unis that have given you offers?

I only got 2/5 offers, and it made no difference, because I went to a fantastic university that I really enjoyed.

I like one of the offers but it is 5 hours away from home :/ and the other uni is a lot closer so it is the preferred choice :/
Original post by cassb
I like one of the offers but it is 5 hours away from home :/ and the other uni is a lot closer so it is the preferred choice :/

Oh I see! Well, as long as the course and the uni itself will make you happy, then 2 offers is fantastic, and much better than 1/none!
But I wish you luck with the other offers - have you heard back at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending