The Student Room Group

What goes through your head before an exam?

Scroll to see replies

I tend to pray silently...
Reply 21
Quick! Someone please die, take one for the team
Reply 22
Dead silence in my head. I just control my heartbeat because it starts racing. Sweating not excessively though. Just want to get it over and done with.

If I'm not ready for the exam then I'm panicking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pray and hope that the exam goes well.
Do I need to pee
Am I going to **** myself
I hope I dont get a tummy ache
What if I shake so bad everyone can hear my table rattling
Are the chickens going to squawk
Are the chickens going to shut up
My head hurts
I'm thirsty
I think I need to pee
Am I sweating
Stimulus, receptor, sensory neuron, relay neuron, synapse, motor neuron, effector
Evaporation doesn't have a u in it
This is going to be terrible
I wonder if anyone else is freaking out as bad as I am
I want to go home

I get so many ridiculous thoughts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
I don't feel anything. Just sit down, do the paper, leave. Not much emotion involved there tbf. If I did feel anything or get nervous then I probably failed it badly. Luckily that doesn't happen much.
Original post by livealittle
As the title suggests I would love to know what thoughts run through people's minds before doing an exam.I find I just panic ,have negative thoughts and think I've failed already:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely nothing. I'm nervous but I just tend to sit there looking into the distance. You've done everything you're going to do by that stage, accept that, and just wait for the show to start.

The night before an exam I am a wreck though, cant sleep because I'm tempted to stay up for an extra hour to prepare something. End up tossing and turning and getting 2 hours sleep most of the time. Took my A-Level Physics exam without having got any sleep :eek:
Reply 27
Watch something that I haven't been taught / not been taught much come up on the exam...
I swear CCEA if you change the layout of this chemistry paper I will burn you.
Reply 29
'Wobbly table again!' :angry:

Honestly, every time in an exam I get the wobbly table.
Either: 'I hope these hay fever tablets work because I sure as hell don't have a tissue on me' or 'my stomach's going to rumble'.
Weirdly I am more worried about these things than the actual exam itself
Reply 31
Help ME.
Reply 32
Original post by corax
'Wobbly table again!' :angry:

Honestly, every time in an exam I get the wobbly table.

Fold up a bit of paper and stick it under the wobbly leg.
'Lol at everyone stressing.'
Reply 34
In Year 10/11 when I had exams I always had a mad panic about what socks I was wearing. Our teachers were complete nazis about wearing plain black socks and they always check them when you go into exams :s-smilie:
I end up trying to run through the entire course in my head, which just leads to me getting more stressed than I already was when I can't remember everything :confused:
Reply 36
i usually think of the nap im going to take after the exam or i usually think "another exam down, a few more to go and ITS SUMMER"
Reply 37
It varies. Sometimes I've revised so much that my head just feels like it's filled to capacity. Other times I go in with a pretty clear mind. I normally like to try to steady my heart and breathing rate, sometimes I psyche myself up in my head ("ok, I'm gonna ace this! Here we go! I got this''), pray, tell myself to concentrate and not make silly mistakes...
Reply 38
Original post by Flauta
In Year 10/11 when I had exams I always had a mad panic about what socks I was wearing. Our teachers were complete nazis about wearing plain black socks and they always check them when you go into exams :s-smilie:

What would they have done if you didn't have the correct socks before an exam...
Reply 39
You go in, do the paper and leave. If you've prepared then you shouldn't be worried or anything.

The only thing I think about is who will come late to the exam, just because it's fun to guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending